iOS 7 Glitches and Bugs

Just noticed an annoyance today.  If the phone is locked and you receive a call, upon hanging up you're left with the phone 'app' open.  In iOS 6, if the phone was locked before receiving the call, once you hung up, it would lock itself again.

Bug after bug report is filed.  The problem is is that Apple tends not to deal with most of them.  I personally have filed 15 reports during the iOS 7 beta and still have 12 of them open and not dealt with.  10 of them don't even have any comments from apple engineers.

Why even do beta testing if you aren't going to listen to the testers?

• Like 2

I noticed that too.  Slightly annoying.  Also, when pressing the home button to exit an app, the animation is slightly longer than in iOS 6.  

I compared two 4S's next to each other (one running 6, other running 7), which was interesting.

I'm curious if the 5 and 5S have the same results, or if the CPU in the 4S is simply starting to show its age.

Both show the same 'animation lag.' Personally it's not a big deal for me, but I would prefer if you could either get going straight away (i.e. before the animation has finished), or if they sped up the animation. Apple has always prioritised user input above all else in its' software and the unlock animation goes against that, so hopefully they'll do something about it. 

• Like 1

The home button on my iPad 3 and 4S fails to register if too many apps are in multitask menu.

Don't know if the button itself is physically failing or it's a software lag.

I get badges on my App Store saying I need to update, I go to the store and there is no updates.

This seems to happen to me after syncing the iPhone with iTunes. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed by 7.1.

I haven't upgraded yet due to JB, but it sounds like it's best not to anyway. The App Store badge isn't confined to iOS 7 though, it's been happening on my iPad and iPhone 5 both on iOS 6

the assistive touch control panel is slightly off center in ios 7. was ok in ios 6.

intermitent erratic updates, too. i should also highlight that this has also become a problem on my macbook air after updating to itunes 11.1. was never a problems with ios 6 and itunes 11.05.

Are the iWork apps meant to be free for all users or just 5S/5C?  I own a 5 and have access to Beta versions of the apps in iCloud but if I look them up in the app store, I have to pay - confused.com!  :s

They're only free for iOS 7 compatible devices purchased after September 1st.

The information I've been provided by apple (I'm working for a retailer atm, in Australia, so relevant to Australia only) is that devices that come with iOS 7 preinstalled will give you free access to iWork.

Outside of that, you're pretty much out in the cold. I've asked someone pretty high up the chain about what's going on, and their reply was that they were waiting to hear back from the US.

tl;dr - Apple doesn't support its customers >.>

If you need an office suite atm, check out Google's Quick Office on iOS. Should get you across the line for now, and will give you a bonus 10GB of Google Drive storage for a year.

The home button on my iPad 3 and 4S fails to register if too many apps are in multitask menu.

Don't know if the button itself is physically failing or it's a software lag.

Ive had that issue on my iPad 3, but i also had it on iOS6 to, sometimes it's really annoying!

Why even do beta testing if you aren't going to listen to the testers?

This has been going on for years.  From what I understand this goes all the way back to the days of OS 9.  Do a google search on this and you will see stories on open bug reports that stay that way for years without any comments at all from apple engineers.

I've found the "Wish List" option is missing on my App Store. The wish list icon it at the top but the option to add to it never shows from the share button.

Moreover, the "Near Me" feature it totally useless. I have a lot of Asians near where I live and you can imagine how any of the recommended apps are 100% unrelated to my interests. I can see it being useful if I travel but on a day to day basis, this feature is totally useless. They should have included this as an optional extra menu item and they should have kept the "Recommended" feature they took out, needlessly.

Anyone on iphone 4, open safair, then move the tab fullscreen and not, i get pixel dots at the top, looks horrible.

Everything else is fine for me.

Regarding battery drain, go to general and find something like "background app refresh" disable it, it warns it could drain battery and is new feature, also the update turned on bluetooth for me, which kills battery

This seems to happen to me after syncing the iPhone with iTunes. It's a bug that will hopefully be fixed by 7.1.

I want to be able to update to iOS 7 compatible apps, I'm on 6.1.2 and don't want to upgrade just yet.

In the music app, there is no longer a way to play or shuffle ALL songs in a genre.... without searching for the genre name, clicking it, then waiting FOREVER for all the songs in that genre to load.  HUGE issue for me.