HTC reportedly likely to post first quarterly loss

HTC reportedly likely to post first quarterly loss following HTC One mini production woes

htc-one-mini_silver.jpg?w=618

HTC is increasingly likely to post its first-ever net loss this quarter, according to a new report from Reuters. The site spoke to several unnamed sources who said HTC has been facing supply constraints related to the new HTC One mini?s aluminum case. According to the report, design issues have led to manufacturing difficulties that have slowed yields and demand is not being met as a result. HTC reported unaudited August revenue that fell by almost half compared to the same month last year, despite the fact that the company?s current flagship smartphone, the HTC One, is probably the best Android phone on the planet. The company?s newer One mini is a scaled down version of that phone available at a lower price. While it?s a solid mid-range phone, analysts estimated that HTC would only ship about 200,000 units per month following its launch.

http://bgr.com/2013/09/24/htc-earnings-q3-2013-projections-one-mini/

HTC has had their fair share of issues in the past when it has failed to support their phones after a certain point as well as production issues. I think they are at least starting to catch on to the notion of not releasing a new phone every month. If they stick to the One for Android and 8x for WP that should help. 

Though I think it also issues with the market. The phone market has gotten extremely fragmented and populated, with almost too many choices as far as brands. One of the things that I think has helped other brands be so successful lately is having a clean eco system like Samsung, Nokia and Apple. People buy into eco systems because of simplicity

I think HTC's past has finally caught up with it. They use to make truly lousy phones and now no one wants anything to do with them.

The article said HTC is made probably the best android phone on the planet...

The article said HTC is made probably the best android phone on the planet...

Maybe now. (I'd argue that Samsung is better, but it's all just opinion.) That was not always the case. I once owned an HTC Inspire and it was a truly awful phone. I still haven't forgiven them for it.