Gotham

• 3 weeks later...

End of S2:E1

Letter from Dr. Thomas Wayne to Bruce. Found in the cave, the locked entrance to which Alfred and Bruce have blown open, ends (slightly paraphrased): 

"You can't have both happiness and the truth, Bruce. Choose happiness unless you find a calling. A True Calling." 

Bruce gets a look showing he's made his choice, and with that you see a look across Alfred's face akin to "Oh, bloody Hell"

Good setup for the season but just a so-so episode. What I find a head scratcher given the events that kicked off late last season how would Jim end up with Barbara?

I thought last night's episode was very good and a nice setup for the season.

Two things that stand out for me:

1: The casting of who we all think is The Joker is fantastic.  That laugh is perfect, and he mixes in all three major versions of the character (Jack, Heath and Mark) into his portrayal.  I love it.

2: I had that Jim killed someone.  Just doesn't seem right.  Did he ever do that in a non-police capacity in the comics?

• Like 2

I thought last night's episode was very good and a nice setup for the season.

Two things that stand out for me:

Hidden Content

I assume you meant hate for 2, not had. I agree, I didn't like that either.

Before anyone says Bruce's development  is moving too fast, as a youngster he was trained in detective work by Det. Harvey Harris of GCPD. When on the street he suited up in a prototype of what became the Robin costume. This was made canon in Detective Comics  "When Barman Was Robin": Volume 1, #266 (1955)

Detective_Comics_226.jpg

Robin_Bruce_Wayne_Earth-One_001.jpg

S2:E2 "Rise of the Villains" trailer, featuring The Maniax

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was posted from Season 1 but this was at the end of "Spirit of the Goat" ... Tiny Goof! .. only 2 of them went in!

22004276901_e2cdfbbc2c_z.jpg

Welp, I wasn't expecting that....

right after the first episode this season I was hoping they'd go that route, wasn't thinking they actually would so i was pleasantly surprised they took a chance

Makes sense how? Care to explain, because I am lost! :s

he's not the Joker but he inspired the real joker, what's not to get?

Edited by Som

right after the first episode these season I was hoping they'd go that route, wasn't thinking they actually would so i was pleasantly surprised they took a chance

Hidden Content

Precisely. His father's comment about his legacy locked it down, it was only a matter of how/when.

Fish was necessary as the gang underboss Penguin killed to establish himself as a gangster in Gotham. In the comics this was an unnamed guy who lasted one issue, but in this series they fleshed the role out so they could explore Penguins path up

• Like 1

This show has improved greatly. Getting rid of useless characters like Fish was much needed.

I 100% agree. I kind of stopped watching it last season out of boredom and started again this season and it is much improved. Only annoying thing is Bruce's stupid whiny adolescent voice.