Gotham

• 2 weeks later...

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/30/exclusive-bd-wong-cast-as-professor-hugo-strange-on-gotham

BD Wong Cast as Professor Hugo Strange on Gotham

Now that Gotham has introduced the Indian Hill facility, a hidden lab that experiments on the "monsters" of Gotham City, they need someone to run it. We've known for awhile that Professor Hugo Strange was coming to the show, and now we can exclusively tell you that actor BD Wong has been cast in the role.

Officially in the series, Hugo Strange will be hired to run Gotham's Arkham Asylum. The psychiatrist "appears altruistic," Fox tells ComicBook.com, "but he harbors a dark secret" that eventually makes him "Gotham's greatest threat." He'll start innocently enough, seemingly working to rehabilitate the villains of Gotham City, before being revealed as the man behind Indian Hill.

As for Indian Hill, while the show's reveal of the facility, teasing a couple of people being experimented on there while adding Firefly to the roster, was quite obtuse, Fox did give us a little more detail on the facility itself.

Indian Hill is officially a black-ops program run by Wayne Enterprises "dedicated to creating the ultimate super human... or super villain," they say.

Wong was most recently seen on the big screen in Jurassic World and Focus in 2015, and the small screen in Mr. Robot. He's probably best known, however, as Father Ray in HBO's Oz and for his 13-year run as Dr. George Huang, the resident profiler and psychiatrist on Law and Order: SVU - a role that should help him a bit in dealing with the worst Gotham has to offer. He has a storied career on stage and screens big and small alike, bringing his decades of experience to the show.

The character of Hugo Strange actually precedes even the Joker, first appearing in 1940's Detective Comics #36. He has appeared in several animated series, and had a major role in the Batman: Arkham video game series.

bd-wong-hugo-strange-157414.thumb.jpg.45

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

gotham-hugo-strange-bd-wong

I cannot see the video because FOX in all its wisdom has region blocked the trailer:

• 2 weeks later...

First Look & Identity Of Who Is Playing Azrael Revealed

You knew it was coming, but now we have a first look and a name to go with it.

Spoilers To Follow:

index.thumb.jpg.dda95fae0470b2ed37f3fd5e

When ComicBook.com spoke to John Stephens, Gotham's executive producer, earlier this month, he talked a bit about their handling of Azrael.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/16/gotham-first-look-identity-of-who-is-playing-azrael-revealed/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Robin Lord Taylor Reveals How He Helped Get Paul Reubens on "Gotham"

Paul Reubens returns to the role of Oswald Cobblepot's father, one he originated twenty-five years ago on the big screen, in the second half of season two of Gotham. Like any good comic book character, though, there's a secret origin to him playing the role.

Actor Robin Lord Taylor, who plays Gotham's Penguin, loved the idea of Reubens playing his father - but came across the idea and helped make it happen in a surprising way.

"I met Paul Reubens a couple months before he was cast on Gotham, because he's best friends with Carol Kane," Taylor told ComicBook.com at a Gotham mid-season premiere event in New York. "Carol invited me and my husband to brunch, and said, ‘My friend Paul is coming,’ and we show up and it’s Paul Reubens! He was in town doing Blacklist, and we had an amazing, lovely brunch. The whole time we kept talking about it, like, ‘oh man, Paul, wouldn’t it be great if you played my dad? Carol’s my mom and you guys are best friends…’ "

Read the rest: http://comicbook.com/2016/03/02/robin-lord-taylor-reveals-how-he-helped-get-paul-reubens-on-goth/

Paul Reubens Did Pee Wee Herman Laugh on "Gotham" Set for Robin Lord Taylor

Gotham's Robin Lord Taylor has already been singing the praises of Paul Reubens - who is playing his father on the show - calling him a "delight" to work with, and will openly call the actor one of his heroes.

"Actually working with him, it's working with your childhood idol," Taylor told ComicBook.com in an interview in New York. The actor got to meet Reubens a couple months earlier, so it was easier to get in a groove, but the excitement was never lost on him. "It's going to work - whatever you do, if you're an accountant or something - you go to work, and there's Oscar the Grouch sitting there, or someone like that. It's amazing. And he could not be kinder and funnier and more down to play with us. He loved being there, and we all loved having him there."

Read the rest: http://comicbook.com/2016/03/02/paul-reubens-did-pee-wee-herman-laugh-on-gotham-set-for-robin-lo/

Spoiler regarding both Gotham and House of Cards in this post....

Spoiler

I watched both Gotham and episode 4 of House of Cards last night... that might be the first time in the history of television that someone has seen the same actor "die" (yes, I know he didn't really die in Gotham...) in two different "premier" episodes.  

1 hour ago, Innervisions33 said:

Spoiler regarding both Gotham and House of Cards in this post....

Reveal hidden contents

I watched both Gotham and episode 4 of House of Cards last night... that might be the first time in the history of television that someone has seen the same actor "die" (yes, I know he didn't really die in Gotham...) in two different "premier" episodes.  

scared to click, for which episode ? :laugh: 

15 minutes ago, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

Gotham

They're creepy and they're kooky.

Mysterious and spooky . . .

Just now, DConnell said:

They're creepy and they're kooky.

Mysterious and spooky . . .

They're all together ooky,
The Penguin Family.

Brian McManamon Cast As 'Basil Karlo' (AKA Clayface) In "Gotham"

ComicBook.com can exclusively report, actor Brian McManamon has been cast as Basil Karlo, a.k.a. the original Clayface, in Fox's Gotham. While FOX could not confirm that he'll turn brown and gooey, we know that the character was going to make his way to the show last year at Wondercon.

Basil Karlo made his first appearance in Detective Comics #40 (June 1940) and was created by Bob Kane. He was a once-famous actor who went insane with rage when he learned that The Terror, a classic horror film he starred in, was being remade without him. To exact his revenge, Karlo dressed up as the film's villain, Clayface, and killed members of the cast in the order in which their characters died in the film.

Read the rest: http://comicbook.com/2016/03/18/exclusive-brian-mcmanamon-cast-as-clayface-in-gotham/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...