Aero goes off during Gaming

Question

4 answers to this question

Aero which is dependant on the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) relies on your Graphics card to render the transparent effects of Aero. Due to the performance settings of your computer. and the graphics driver you have installed. The computer might disable DWM (Desktop Window Manager) in order to save resources and use them elsewhere. In this case the game that you are playing.

As far as why it does not come back on when you are done. This could be due to how the graphics driver works as it is not freeing up resources properly.

However, you can turn this feature off.

Right click my computer > properties > Advanced System settings > performance > select adjust for best performance > Adjust for best appearance

it does on some games, I shouldn't worry too much about it, aero comes back on when exiting the game that isn't compatible with the theme

PaintShop Pro, and older Command And Conquer games do it too

it does on some games, I shouldn't worry too much about it, aero comes back on when exiting the game that isn't compatible with the theme

PaintShop Pro, and older Command And Conquer games do it too

Aero does't always come back on for me.

So why does it do this to begin with ?

Usually an incompatibility with the theme, on some programs it can be something simple like a colour pallet, others go further than that.

I don't know exactly why, I just got used to it.