Jimmy Kimmel Skit Severely Angers Kanye West

Who have been hurt by him besides (maybe) Taylor Swift? Honestly.

Fair point. Again, no need to get so defensive, instead of validating his art it often comes off as him being insecure about it.

You're just being ridiculous. Say all you want about his personality, indeed he is a though pill to swallow. However there's no one more talented in pop right now.

Indeed.

There is no one talented in pop right now.

It wasn't even that bad. It wasn't like Jimmy Kimmel was insulting his family or anything. Just making fun of the mad sh*t he can come out with.

Then again, Kanye West doesn't come across as a guy who can laugh at himself.

Who have been hurt by him besides (maybe) Taylor Swift? Honestly.

didn't he put some one in hospital recently for speaking to him, not a role model I would aspire to no matter what he may have achieved in life

didn't he put some one in hospital recently for speaking to him, not a role model I would aspire to no matter what he may have achieved in life

huh? who?

Yeah, he apparently attacked a Paparazzi a few months back from the looks of things. He also hospitalised Kim Kardashian before that, but those were different circumstances. :laugh:

If it weren't for intruding on Taylor Swift and boning Kim K. 95% of people wouldn't know or care about the bipolar SOB - and most don't anyhow. Once Kim K. is done with him his non-producing shelf life is very limited.

If it weren't for intruding on Taylor Swift and boning Kim K. 95% of people wouldn't know or care about the bipolar SOB - and most don't anyhow. Once Kim K. is done with him his non-producing shelf life is very limited.

agreed, also, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Im glad to say Kayne who?

It's my understanding that Kanye West is some sort of rapper and I can honestly say that's about all I know about him.  I know I've heard the name before but couldn't name a single one of his songs.  Not sure why anyone should care about his apparent tantrums.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see the Kimmel interview with Kanye? I had to stop a few times, it was so cringe-worthy. I still think he's a talented producer, but damn he can barely form a proper sentence.

Art curator, fashion designer, industrial designer, graphic designer, great music producer, fantastic music composer and lyricist and even have directed a couple of short films witch have been presented at art galleries. So yes, to me, that's what a genius do.

Nobody disputes that he engages in a wide range of creative endeavours, nor that they are commercially successful, but that doesn't mean he warrants the title "genius". His music is mostly derivative, sampling other successful tunes and contributing little to nothing to them.

In my eyes he is a nobody, an arrogant and obnoxious influence that society could do without, and certainly not even close to being a genius.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody disputes that he engages in a wide range of creative endeavours, nor that they are commercially successful, but that doesn't mean he warrants the title "genius". His music is mostly derivative, sampling other successful tunes and contributing little to nothing to them.

In my eyes he is a nobody, an arrogant and obnoxious influence that society could do without, and certainly not even close to being a genius.

Today I was reading the news and remembered your post. Kanye West has just been appointed to curate three pavilions of the Venice Bienalle, the most important art event in the world. Not everyone can be appointed with such task since a committee reunites every year to select a possible name from a list of intelectual, artists, critics and sociologists. Your talent and cultural pertinence has to be undisputed to be selected to task such honor.

Disregard the satire reaction the internet has having in the moment. The bienalle account itself announced the event.

Such an accomplishment for a nobody, huh? ;)

Today I was reading the news and remembered your post. Kanye West has just been appointed to curate three pavilions of the Venice Bienalle, the most important art event in the world. Not everyone can be appointed with such task since a committee reunites every year to select a possible name from a list of intelectual, artists, critics and sociologists. Your talent and cultural pertinence has to be undisputed to be selected to task such honor.

I'm not disputing that he is an incredibly successful individual who has made a large contribution to culture and music. I simply refute the notion that he is a "genius" when I listen to the drivel he spouts out in interviews or his derivative and unpleasant music. Genius denotes intelligence and Kayne West falls well short of that bar.

I'm not disputing that he is an incredibly successful individual who has made a large contribution to culture and music. I simply refute the notion that he is a "genius" when I listen to the drivel he spouts out in interviews or his derivative and unpleasant music. Genius denotes intelligence and Kayne West falls well short of that bar.

Genius denotes intelligence, indeed, but it rarely denotes emotional stability to fully articulate that intelligence. If you dont believe me read some books about Picasso or Dali.

Genius denotes intelligence, indeed, but it rarely denotes emotional stability to fully articulate that intelligence. If you dont believe me read some books about Picasso or Dali.

I simply haven't seen any evidence that Kanye West is intelligent, let alone a genius. To me musical geniuses would be people like Elton John, Freddie Mercury or even someone as contemporary as Lady Gaga - intelligent people who act as positive role models and have undisputed songwriting capabilities. Kayne West isn't any of those things; in fact he's the polar opposite. I mean, next you'll be telling me than Snooki is a genius too!

I simply haven't seen any evidence that Kanye West is intelligent, let alone a genius. To me musical geniuses would be people like Elton John, Freddie Mercury or even someone as contemporary as Lady Gaga - intelligent people who act as positive role models and have undisputed songwriting capabilities. Kayne West isn't any of those things; in fact he's the polar opposite. I mean, next you'll be telling me than Snooki is a genius too!

Did you know that Gaga's best music was produced and written by both Kanye West and Alexander McQueen?

Did you know that Gaga's best music was produced and written by both Kanye West and Alexander McQueen?

No I didn't, because it's not true. Kayne is not listed in the credits for any of her albums, as producer or songwriter - nor in the list of her recorded songs. And Alexander McQueen is a fashion designer who is referenced by Lady Gaga but wasn't involved in writing or producing her music. I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about.  :s

• Like 2

blah blah

Dude, you've got a hard-on for him. We get it.

But the guy is a loser. Those 'achievements' you mention don't mean crap. You could get a hamster to do any of that. And being invited to 'curate' some art exhibits is done for publicity. Just shows how friggin shallow the world is. It would be easy to name heaps of other losers even more famous. Like Kardashian.