Google Maps Also Has A Kind Of Problems ! Like iOS Maps

As long as it takes you to the right place, and not out into the middle of the Australian outback or across a runway, who cares what the actually aerial photo's look like?  It's probably just some bad image data.

• Like 3

As long as it takes you to the right place, and not out into the middle of the Australian outback or across a runway, who cares what the actually aerial photo's look like?  It's probably just some bad image data.

As an Australian in the middle of the outback, I feel like the middle of the outback is somewhere I might want to go >.>

You PoMs will never stop hating us >: (

As an Australian in the middle of the outback, I feel like the middle of the outback is somewhere I might want to go >.>

Did you not hear about the people putting in directions to a town in Aus, and instead getting directed to the middle of a national park, hundreds of kilometers from anywhere?

Besides, I don't hate Aussies! I almost was one back in the 80's, before your gov at the time changed its mind and cancelled my family's immigration visa's...  I love Aus! :p

Yeah, was pretty funny except that a couple of them ended up hospitalised due to exposure (heat).

To be fair, takes a special level of stupid to drive up a fire break without realising it's not a road.

At least Google won't kill you >.> Apple are evil.. PURE EVIL..

• Like 2

I'll never make fun of Apple maps as long as Google keeps claiming I'm on a different street than I actually am.

Never mind that Apple gets some stuff right around here which Google doesn't.

• Like 2

C'mon mate, not even Australians want to drive out there!  Where in Brisbane are you?

C'mon mate, not even Australians want to drive out there!  Where in Brisbane are you?

Stapylton.

If you look at the BoM weather maps, I'm literally right on top of the radar :P

Stapylton.

If you look at the BoM weather maps, I'm literally right on top of the radar :p

Oh.  Southside aye.  I'm sorry to hear that mate ;-)

Yes You are right , this problem i've reported in my image shows in the new version of Google Maps and there is not on the Classic One

Sorry Im missing what your referring to as an error please clarify?

Is the OP having issues because the 3d effect doesn't work well with the trees or what?  Not sure why both Apple and Google are getting so much flack for their 3d interpolations of the map data... Its an approximation.  It isn't something that will get you loss.  Sure, it is funny when a bridge is missing or something, but it isn't the data that really matters.

I'll never make fun of Apple maps as long as Google keeps claiming I'm on a different street than I actually am.

Never mind that Apple gets some stuff right around here which Google doesn't.

Exact same.  Google has my street name completely wrong but if you type in my street address it takes you to the right location.  Just in the turn-by-turn it says a completely different street name for some reason.

When trying to get to the local Waste treatment plant Google Maps had me driving in circles.  Apple Maps knew where it was, however.

Nothing is 100%.  Gotta keep your eyes on the road and reading road signs.