SUV Runs over biker in NYC

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846#uiTmLzMbLdL7lHzm.01

A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark.(please drop me a line if you have any further info) UPDATE: Some further info thanks to numerous users.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846#HWtcoemVwjfQb5HL.99

---------------------------------------

My personal opinion on this, I do hope the SUV driver got beat up for it. I know he had a wife and a kid in that car but c'mon. Just because you're afraid of something means you can endanger other people now? Like some comments say "biker gang" - if it was an biker gang that car would be shot to pieces already.

I paused the video right after the first guy is hit to add comments (ill edit after I watch the whole thing).  Right off the bat, the group of "bikers" were driving like A-holes, that being said the driver of the SUV should have been paying attention as it looks like the biker slowed down to a crawl..

Edit - watched the whole video - not sure how I feel, I am sure the driver felt he was in a world of danger after hitting the first guy.  Running over another group was prob not the smartest idea.  Also very strange how the video ends as soon as they break the window of the car...

Edit #2 -[Update: NYPD said that no one died in the incident and that the only person injured was the driver of the Range Rover].. so glad the bikers got justice /s

I am a very agressive driver.. I don't condone what happened.. however if people are acting like idiots, and causing problems.. I am the first to honk and yell at people to get out of the way.. I have also been known the rev the engine.  It is unfortunate that this happened.  I do hope the guy is penalized for it, but for his kids sake I hope no harm comes to him.

As mentioned above.. put into a situation where I or my kids are in possible danger, I will take out whoever or whatever I have to in order to keep them safe.

After watching the video.. I would have 100000% done what he did.  I would have been on the phone with police at the same time.  This guy is 100% in the right and I support him all the way through.

Edit 2:

Did more reading, the guy is okay he was treated in hospital for lacerations (from bikers smashing in window).  However the more I read the angrier I get with the bikers.   They started smashing the back door window WHERE THE CHILD WAS SITTING.   I bet that kid was so scared, makes me angry.

Are you sure? It looked like he was tailing them getting too close for comfort, and one brake-checked (if you will) to warn him off a little, and then he retaliated aggressively instead of backing off and giving a safe distance. I hate when people ride too close behind me on my bike--it's the single most nerve-wracking thing a person can do... especially a person in a huge SUV, and especially at high speeds. I'm withholding judgement since I wasn't there, but if I had to pick a side, I'd be putting this one on the Range Rover driver.

Did more reading, the guy is okay he was treated in hospital for lacerations (from bikers smashing in window).  However the more I read the angrier I get with the bikers.   They started smashing the back door window WHERE THE CHILD WAS SITTING.   I bet that kid was so scared, makes me angry.

Yup, as a newer father I feel like things changed and their safety becomes the most important thing.  Glad no one was seriously injured.

From what I can see in the video, it was their own fault for acting like retards.  They got right in front of the guy and slowed down until he almost hit their back tire, and grouped around him during the first instance.  Then in the 2nd instance, some guy decided he was going to be a badass and take the guy out of his vehicle.  I'm not saying those guys deserved to get ran over, but you can't blame the driver in this one because of the douchebags that stressed them out enough to feel like they were in danger.

Are you sure? It looked like he was tailing them getting too close for comfort, and one brake-checked (if you will) to warn him off a little, and then he retaliated aggressively instead of backing off and giving a safe distance. I hate when people ride too close behind me on my bike--it's the single most nerve-wracking thing a person can do... especially a person in a huge SUV, and especially at high speeds. I'm withholding judgement since I wasn't there, but if I had to pick a side, I'd be putting this one on the Range Rover driver.

huh?  did you watch the same video?  the guy who ends up getting hit  was on the side of the suv, then speeds up to get in front of him. 

He was driving along, they surrounded him.  Douchebag infront "Brake-Checked" SUV Bumped tire, and pulled over.  The bikers then began surrounding the vehicle at which point fight or flee took over and he knew there was no way he could fight them so he did the next best thing, he fleed.

I can see as a biker how it is annoying, but the number of bad bikers I've seen (Saw one yesterday doing over 160KM/H) on a 100KM/H Highway weaving in and out of traffic.. and based on the video I feel that the fault lies 100% with the bikers.

• Like 3

Yup, as a newer father I feel like things changed and their safety becomes the most important thing.  Glad no one was seriously injured.

Yep, as soon as I became a father my priorities like 180'd.  Before I would have just been like: "###### buzz.. hope the dude doesn't die" But as a father I now put myself and kids in that situation.. and it actually frightens me.

I don't get why they would do that for no good reason, though...

The guy who brake checked?  I dunno, but he looked behind himself as he did it.  It was definitely on purpose.

I don't get why they would do that for no good reason, though...

In Canada, there are ALOT of idiots who think brake checking is funny. Even when it comes to cars break checking a semi-truck. Most bikers are good people, but if you look at the demographic, the chances of them being idiots are much higher than normal. Youth combined with alcohol combined with mob mentality combined with "i must impress my friends" all can quickly lead to tragedy, and in this case, brake checking did.

So when someone's a dick run them over? Twice.

So if you had a wife and child in the car and were surrounded by bikers, and then one gets off the bike...what would you do in this day and age?

Get out of the car and try to reason with them?  or get the eff out of there?

It was a bad situation all around, but the last I checked, a group of bikers are not enforcing the law.  If nothing else, they should have called the police with the license plate, not continued to pursue and box in.

It is clear the guy panicked, and most people in his case would have too.

• Like 3

If you have a child in your car you have to think further ahead than "Run them over that will help". You really think 200+ bikers won't retaliate? He's lucky he just got beat up. What he actually thought he can out run them?

If you have a child in your car you have to think further ahead than "Run them over that will help". You really think 200+ bikers won't retaliate? He's lucky he just got beat up. What he actually thought he can out run them?

If you have a child in a car, you don't get out of the car to reason with a bunch of bikers surrounding you either.

Again I ask, what would YOU do?

So when someone's a dick run them over? Twice.

The first incident clearly shows the biker intended to cause an emergency braking on the SUV there's no reason in the world I can think of why the biker felt he needed to do this, therefore it's his fault he got hit.

Or, yeah I'm driving on the motorway and just to be a dick I slam the brakes and cause the car behind me to pile into me? Who would you blame then, the driver behind me? 

BTW I'm talking about the first incident, after that the SUV driver probably felt at danger.

If you have a child in a car, you don't get out of the car to reason with a bunch of bikers surrounding you either.

Again I ask, what would YOU do?

I wouldn't try to kill them, that's for sure. Fall behind or something, maybe, if I were actually frightened.

I wouldn't try to kill them, that's for sure. Fall behind or something, maybe, if I were actually frightened.

^

This.

Where did I say come out of the car? They only attacked him in the car because he ran over them, you do understand that right? Stay in the car and call the cops. But running over one biker means you will be chased and beat down by others.

What you all are trying to say is the bikers like attacked him in his car for no reason. If he ran over my bike he would be lucky to still be alive.

I dont think he was trying to kill them either.  He just wanted to get the heck outta Dodge at that moment.  Obviously a poor decision but paternal instincts are going to kick in at some point.

^

This.

Where did I say come out of the car? They only attacked him in the car because he ran over them, you do understand that right? Stay in the car and call the cops. But running over one biker means you will be chased and beat down by others.

What you all are trying to say is the bikers like attacked him in his car for no reason. If he ran over my bike he would be lucky to still be alive.

Yeah but what's your opinion on how the whole incident started? (serious question) :)

• Like 2