IE Stalling!

Damn.. WTF is going on. All of a sudden everytime I launch IE after a reboot, it would load the page and stall for a while (when the loading bar is full). This happens everytime I close all IE windows and launch IE. Netscape runs fine, but I hate netscape. I just tried doing a repair install of IE and still have the same problem. Dunno what to do. I did uncheck "enable third party browser extensions" and it did fix the problem.. atleast when i test it once. Any help?

I fixed mine by disabling XP's speech recognition system.

Go into taskmanager and see if there is a thread called "isipvar.exe or something like that that takes about 25,000KB of ram.

No sorry. I don't have that. I just got emailed from someone saying that the exact same problem happened to him today too...along with his friend.. wtf could it be? It works perfectly when I uncheck "enable 3rd party browser extensions"

I doubt it is adware or whatever, but I did download ad aware and the cleaner. Anyway, it still stalls and it started happening today with other people, so i'm just curious. Unchecking "enable 3rd party extensions" fixes it.. but can anyone give examples of programs/things that wouldn't run or be affected by having that unchecked?

Also, http://catchup.cnet.com detected the following adware/trackware "FTapp Ad Trojan". However, ad-aware doesn't detect it neither does the cleaner.. any clue?

I can here to post the same problem I'm having. The status bar freezes up and then you have to wait until it's gone to do anything on that page.. Where was that option you unchecked? I'm using win2k

So you are having the same problem too? When did it start? Do you remember installing anything? The option is under tools--->internet options--->advanced

uncheck "enable third-party browser extensions". I have ie6.0

it started a few day's ago. I installed IIS for the hell of it but I doubt it would cause the problem. I also have IE6.

It's annoying as hell. I tried the program that was posted and it said adware virus too. what is that?

Not sure exactly how disabling that would affect certain features.. that's what i want to know. Not sure if it is a virus, but i'm going to scan the computer again and let you know.

pretty sure 3rd party extensions are things like Hotbar and the google search bar and almost anything thats a plugin for IE, if you've installed any of those lately you should uninstall them to see if it works right ;]

I just scanned my computer with nav2002 and latest virus definitions.. no infections. so I have no clue what it could be. I'm running a cable modem, so I don't use dial up. I even tried a repair installation of winxp (it doesn't overwrite settings).. but it didn't fix the problem.

i have problems when i minimize windows and mazimaze em sometimes explorer.exe will just hang for about 30seconds the only way i found to speed it up is to close it in task manger and run it again...

has been a bug since beta2 that was never fixed

also if open my computer then in the address bar i put a url it will load it but sometimes open a full-window blank folder which the only way to close it is to alt-f4 :s

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. I ussually format about every month, but this is the longest I've gone(5 months) and IE freezes everytime for about 3 secs after loading a page. It also does it as I open and close IE. ****es me off to no end.