Major Character to die in new season of "The Simpsons"

Oh my God, they?re killing?well, somebody.

Yes indeed, a regular character will pay the ultimate price on The Simpsons during the Fox comedy?s upcoming 25th season ? the first since Maud Flanders unexpectedly reached her expiration date back in February 2000 ? producers revealed in a conference call this week.

Who will be pushing up animated daisies?

?I?ll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won?t say who it is,? executive producer Al Jean told Canada?s Sun News.

The show?s list of winners in the Outstanding Voice-Over Performance category include:

* Anne Hathaway as Princess Penelope (2010)

* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (2009)

* Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob (2006)

* Dan Castellaneta as ?various characters? (2004)

* Hank Azaria as ?various characters? (2003)

* Hank Azaria as ?various characters? (2001)

* Hank Azaria as Apu (1998)

* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (1993)

Additionally, six separate actors took home the prize in 1992 ? Nancy Cartwright (Bart); Jackie Mason (Rabbi Krustofsky); Julie Kavner (Marge, Patty, Selma and Marge?s Mother); Yeardley Smith (Lisa); Marcia Wallace (Mrs. Krabappel); and Dan Castellaneta (Homer and Grandpa Simpson).

That?s quite a few favorites to include in your death pool, Simpsons fans.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/01/the-simpsons-character-death-dies-season-25-spoilers/

the show died for me when they killed off maud, it seemed unnecessary... isn't this supposed to be finished soon anyways...

Yeah, didn't really understand why they had to kill her.  There's so many other ways to write off a character than shooting them with a shirt gun and making them fall off the back of a stand.

Dan Castellaneta has said before in interviews that his least favourite voice to perform is Krusty's (and that it puts an awful strain on his vocal chords). I reckon it would be Krusty.

Matt Groaning.

He deserves it for keeping the Simpsons going and allowing Futurama to end...twice.

I maybe catch a Simpsons episode once a year these days.  So tired of that show.  Just. Done. To. Absolute. Death.

As well as a way to finally put an end to the series. 25 seasons are enough.

15 years too many. It began to suck after season 10.

Bart, Lisa and Maggie still be 10, 8 and an infant for how long now?

the show died for me when they killed off maud, it seemed unnecessary... isn't this supposed to be finished soon anyways...

the actress who voiced her wanted to leave.  If I remember the articles from back in 2000, she commuted to work doing the show and eventually just got tired of it and wanted to leave.