Major Character to die in new season of "The Simpsons"

Press Release for future episode!

A FUNERAL CAUSES SPRINGFIELD RESIDENTS TO RECONSIDER PAST DECISIONS ON AN ALL-NEW ?THE SIMPSONS? SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, ON FOX

Four Springfielders are prompted to try to right past regrets following the funeral of a beloved neighbor. Homer regrets selling his Apple stock to buy a bowling ball, Marge worries she caused Bart?s rebellious streak, Mr. Burns reminisces about a romance he gave up with a beautiful Parisian woman and Kent Brockman admits he was too afraid to leave local news and follow his former partner Rachel Maddow (guest appearing as herself) to cable news in the all-new ?Four Regrettings and a Funeral? episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 3 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2418) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse and Jimbo; Tress MacNeille as Dolph

Guest Voice Cast: Rachel Maddow as herself, Joe Namath as himself

They need to do something big if they want to continue.  I'm so bored of the Simpsons but maybe that's because of my age - does it still appeal to the 13/14 year old now they have Family Guy or American Dad?

I cant remember the last episode I watched but I do remember being so exited when I was about 11 or 12 and got my first Simpsons Christmas special VHS- for Christmas - we didn't have Sky back in 92 so it was like I had something only a few people could watch - good days :-)

They need to do something big if they want to continue.  I'm so bored of the Simpsons but maybe that's because of my age - does it still appeal to the 13/14 year old now they have Family Guy or American Dad?

I cant remember the last episode I watched but I do remember being so exited when I was about 11 or 12 and got my first Simpsons Christmas special VHS- for Christmas - we didn't have Sky back in 92 so it was like I had something only a few people could watch - good days :-)

they did something big in the past few seasons, flanders married crabapple

• 2 weeks later...

Well Marcia Wallace, the voice of Edna Krabappel passed away this morning. Perhaps they knew she was in poor health and had to write her out?

But Jean said today that Mrs. Krabappel was not one they had planned to eliminate. ?Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away,? Jean said. ?This was not Marcia?s Edna Krabappel. Marcia?s passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her.?

they must be retiring 2 characters now.

hope its crusty or apu

whats people complaining about the simpsons, its still better then 98% of the dribble they put on the telly. Enjoy your extreme home makeover or some kind of idols.

other than that, I do welcome a twist, 2 characters falling away :)