Hannibal (Season 2)

1380672724.jpg

The 13-episode second season of Hannibal will kick off sometime early next year.

Speaking with EW, Fuller revealed that he designed this poster himself along with the show?s special effects team, and he briefly commented on the new season:

?After a horrifying descent into madness in season 1, this image ironically represents the perspective of a scrappier, clearer-minded Will Graham in season 2.  The scales have fallen from his eyes and he finally sees Hannibal Lecter for the monster he is.?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love season 1.

Also, their sophisticated murder cases. I just feel like they could do 2 episodes per case. Since they also have to do the main plot, those cases tend to just end right away with less storytelling on that part.

• 2 weeks later...

6FYUo.jpg

Pitt is playing the character of Mason Verger, an unstable wealthy patient of Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) who begins a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with the deadly serial killer.

Pitt was last seen on TV starring in HBO?s Boardwalk Empire as Jimmy Darmody, a character that was shockingly killed off at the end of the second season. He also co-starred in the 2012 film Seven Psychopaths.

The Mason Verger role will be introduced late in the upcoming second season, which finds FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) in prison, falsely convicted for Lecter?s crimes, while the doctor advises the agency on cases. Gary Oldman previously played an older version of Mason Verger in the 2001 Hannibal film, which is based on Thomas Harris? Hannibal novel. NBC?s Hannibal timeline precedes the events in the film and is also set before the events in Thomas? Red Dragon so this is Mason how we?ve never seen him before (a cast description for the role compared him to the way Andrew Scott played Moriarty on Sherlock). Recently, Hannibal also cast Verger?s sister Margo, who is played by Katharine Isabelle (Being Human).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/02/hannibal-season-2-casting-news-michael.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't even realize season 2 started, I just caught up on the first 2 episodes and they were really good. It hasn't had the best ratings though so hopefully it can keep going.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just started watching this on Amazon Prime yesterday and am now caught up to last night's episode. Brilliant show! Outside of the music, which I find really annoying at times, there isn't anything I don't like about this show. Another Bryan Fuller home run if you ask me.

Agreed season 2 has been great. Next week's promo with Hannibal and Alana confuses & concerns me.

Yeah it looks like Hannibal is going to use her against Will! I am still sad about 

losing Beverly this week and now i am wondering what Jack's going to do with the food he takes in the preview to get tested.

Last night's episode was incredible! I always thought that Miriam was still alive, that her death was a red herring, but that ending still blew me away.

Anyone up for some Beef Rouladen?

Best line of the night comes from Dr. Abel Gideon, "You?ve invited me to my own last supper?"

Runner up, Dr. Chilton's "I?m grateful I have trouble digesting animal proteins as the last meals I have shared with Hannibal Lecter have all been salads. Needless to say, I won?t be eating the food."

My only problem with Miriam still being alive is, did Lecter purposely lead Jack to her? He doesn't seem to be someone who makes mistakes like what led Jack to that warehouse, so I assume it was intentional. But wouldn't, shouldn't Miriam remember where she was and whom she met before she was attacked? How is Lecter going to get out of this one?

And just think, we're only half-way to the finish line for the season.