Registered Members: 1000

Registered Members: 1000

Yes, 1000 registered members and diskone is number 1000.

Welcome to neowin.net diskone

Surely its better to have 2 *quality* posts than 200 sarcastic remarks?

This is not a dig at anyone, rather me making a point that some users will only post when they feel they have something really useful to add.

This was the way I started out here, and would have hated to feel that I was under pressure to post just to up my count.

well, to be honest we have given our registered users only a hard time since we launched almost a year ago.

We have had 7 hosts and possibly 7 forums.. ALL reset when we've moved. This forum is what, 2 months old? It doesnt surprise me one bit that people are wary of signing up - yet again, and posting only to find that we are down or that we have another board :p

Rest assured tho.. this is our final board for the forseeable future, even our news script is intergrated into it.

Thanks again to everyone that supports us.

Yikes! I don't believe it! 1000 members already! Also, I have to agree with cheekymonkey,since having 2 useful posts are better than 200 pointless posts, which made me ticked off at TweakTown! And also, I wonder when we'll have 2000 members! My prediction is by the end of October! Would you think so, Neobond?

well since our counter now works properly, look at all the people online!! I thinks its possible.. but only if all those unregistereds decided to create an account :p

Originally posted by mortensen  

Yeah, but how many members actually post more than 20 posts??? It's not actually that many. :(

-mortensenj

I'm over 20 posts am I not? :s

hihi just kidding :)

Originally posted by Neobond

well since our counter now works properly, look at all the people online!! I thinks its possible.. but only if all those unregistereds decided to create an account :p

True, but however, most of these guests might only be on the forums t look up an answer to a certain question that might be displayed on the forums! Maybe that's why we're having like 1500 users on the forums! :)

And also, I joined the forums because it's a perfect tool for exchanging information! ;)

I'm also part of 3 other forum sites as well!

1. 3Gears Design ( http://www.3gears.com/forums )

2. Sonique ( http://forum.sonique.com )

3. Winamp ( http://forums.winamp.com )

I was also part of TweakTown, but unfortunately, I was banned off that site due to too much hostility, but I found those forums stupid anyway cause there was just too much arguing! And who needs arguing, right?

I learn stuff no matter which site I go to or even if not on the Net! Some of it, I found out for myself! And that's what beta testers do! They find out for themselves which software works the best! :)

Go Neo :) The best forums ever. I think the forums will grow even more. The best thing about neo is that people come here and talk sense and we dont have people who just come and post so their post count is big.

Neo's kept the forums clean by allowing no warez posts and that makes the forums more different than anything else.

I have over 360 posts. This is because the more posts I have the bigger the person that I am... LMAO. No, seriously, I have helped many people and expressed my views so many times. I don't think there is any member that hasn't seen either mine or Neobond's posts! And this is a good thing. I think that I contribute a lot and help a lot... and I don't think many people object to my posts. :)

I understand that more is not necessarily better BUT I find it quite hard to take a person with 2 posts seriously because they are so new... people with less than 5 posts seem like kids to me [strange, I know]. But NE1 with 60 posts of above [or who make a good point like Daysleeper] I can relate to better.

PS - I REALLY don't want to lose my record of posts. Not because it proves anything... but I like to have some sort of record for the 100+ hours I've spent posting here!!! Remember to back up the board and to transfer it IF [when? - whatever] you move server Neobond. :D:D:D:D:D

-mortensenj

I avoid posting pointless posts as much as possible and the reason why I have 70 posts at this moment is that most of the posts were helping other users with certain problems or just discussing like normal people in certain discussions! Mind ya, I'd bet Neowin would have a real hard time if they had as many members as the Winamp.com forums, which would be over 40 000! :D