People Who Believe in God Less Likely to Believe in Extraterrestrials

If there were some sort of life form out there im sure it would be witnessed by now. All this is just a waste of time and money, there is no one out there.

LOL WUT, Im not sure you understand just how big space is, there is NO reason to think that just because we have not find life yet that it should have been seen by now. 

In which religion is God amused by that?

Amused by? No, but completely and utterly preoccupied with enforcing worship and belief with the threat of eternal damnation for anyone who dares not participate. And that's to say nothing of the way the worshippers have behaved towards non-believers or believers in other religions/gods over the centuries.

Makes sense that they wouldn't believe in aliens if believing in god. Although there is absolutely no proof of god, but lots of proof that aliens exist.

Doesn't even make sense to believe we're the only ones here out of trillions and trillions of other planets out there,

not to mention that just cuz a specific planet isn't livable for us, doesn't mean another species couldn't live there,

so in fact, there could be life on the planets in our own solar system.

But we're considered crazy believing in aliens, but its fine to believe in something (GOD), which there's no proof of.

No actually there isn't proof of aliens existing. 

Amused by? No, but completely and utterly preoccupied with enforcing worship and belief with the threat of eternal damnation for anyone who dares not participate. And that's to say nothing of the way the worshippers have behaved towards non-believers or believers in other religions/gods over the centuries.

There are millions of living species on earth and as far as we know, only humans are made in God's image and called to live after bodily death (in a Christian perspective which is what I assume you're referring to). I wouldn't see it as very surprising that there would be tons of other living species out there not concerned with that either. Whether or not any extraterrestrial life is gifted with a supernatural destiny is not a question science can answer anyway, and there's little point in making assumptions as to what that may entail for them; we simply know nothing of it.

You seem to have misguided and very negative views of worship and eternal life, but let's not get too off-topic here.

Personally I think that God could have just as easily created other beings just as he did earth. I see no reason why it could not have happened that way too. For now though I dont think we need to be throwing money to the space program outside of just putting satalites in orbit. Anything other than that is just a waste. I say this because people can not get along with each other. I know we would just destroy or anger them. Its just going to be just like that one mirror universe episode of Star Trek Enterprise when Zephran Cockran shot the Vulcans as soon as they got off their ship. Thats essentially what will happen.

Do I believe in Aliens? Yes, absolutely. Space is just so mind bogglingly huge that the idea that ours is the only planet on which life has arisen is simply ridiculous.

Do I believe that Aliens have visited our planet (and probed peoples bottoms, and killed their cows, and drawn patterns in crops)? No, not even slightly. Space is so mind bogglingly huge that even getting to the next star over is a feat that just may simply be not worth the effort by any form of technology that we can currently imagine. Not that it's impossible, just very very hard. Much easier to try and communicate by other means than physical presence.

Most people just don't even begin to comprehend just how big even our galaxy is, never mind the observable universe.

If you want my honest opinion, I actually think the human race doesnt have much purpose other than to survive, and started beliving in such religious banter so we all won't feel so alone in the universe, I mean say aliens decided to drop down in one of the major US Cities, not some random cow farm where a farmer get anal probed as movies and other media portrays, it would make ever religious follower really question their faith, and rightly so, because every religion out there including every version of the bible would be proven wrong.

Do I believe in Aliens? Yes, absolutely. Space is just so mind bogglingly huge that the idea that ours is the only planet on which life has arisen is simply ridiculous.

The mind-boggling hugeness of the universe is a testament to the glory of God, who is infinitely more powerful than any of the creatures that inhabit Earth.

That's a pretty circular argument if you think about it. If you accept the argument that God created everything, then we were purposely designed to want to worship things. Which basically means the God you believe in (by your argument anyway) purposely designed us to kiss it's arse.

Does that sound overly logical to you?

Nothing wrong with that logic. It's like saying humans created machines and robots to serve humanity. The only difference here is that machines and robots will never be sentient enough to decide for themselves to rebel against humanity and deny their own purpose.

God's design for humanity is as such - to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism)

People with the intelligence to tally the numbers, realize quickly the probabilities and chemistry for life is much more abundant than we had ever believed and the more we learn, the more we realize this.

There is more evidence for the chemistry of life than there is any evidence for any god.

It's really easy to make claims to support what you want to be true, without any evidence of numbers or chemical problems.

1. Oxygen/ozone problem.

2. Free amino acid hydrolysis problem.

3. Free cytosine hydrolysis to uracil problem.

4. Arrangement of a useful string of DNA bases that code for a string of functioning protein probabilistic problem.

5. Arrangement of thousands of useful strings of DNA bases that code for functioning proteins in the smallest reproducing organism.

6. Sugar and amino acid chirality problem.

7. Mathematical probabilities resulting from the above points creating a number which the supposedly current age of the universe and supposed number of Goldilocks Zone planets out there is grossly insufficient for the spontaneous chemical creation of a single reproducing cell.

It's far more likely for God to create all of life, given that His involvement and presence in Earth's history is validated, intimate and abundant.

It's really easy to make claims to support what you want to be true, without any evidence of numbers or chemical problems.

1. Oxygen/ozone problem.

4. Arrangement of a useful string of DNA bases that code for a string of functioning protein probabilistic problem.

5. Arrangement of thousands of useful strings of DNA bases that code for functioning proteins in the smallest reproducing organism.

7. Mathematical probabilities resulting from the above points creating a number which the supposedly current age of the universe and supposed number of Goldilocks Zone planets out there is grossly insufficient for the spontaneous chemical creation of a single reproducing cell.

It's far more likely for God to create all of life, given that His involvement and presence in Earth's history is validated, intimate and abundant.

It's funny you mention all this, since we do know life began on earth long before it was habitable by humans and it was through the evolution of the planet and life on our planet that has culminated to where we are today.

You write as if earth was perfect and we were just placed here but truth be told, it was far from it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremophile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coacervate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale

There is no evidence of god, a godly presence nor is anything as such abdundant and intimate.  We have barely begun the robotic exploration of our nearest planets and haven't even left our solar system yet you conclusively believe there is no life elsewhere? how do you jump to such conclusions?

Okay on a personal note--   I do believe in GOD and also feel there could be "Aliens".

I do not understand why they don't .... first of all ... "and God Created the Heavens and the Earth."   This shows that God indeed could have created life on other planets in the Bible.

Not to mention since Angels come from Heaven and not EARTH would they not actually be aliens? 

I mean if one were to look at the Bible as being "Our History"  of current Man.  

That does not rule out a history before nor does it also alienate the existence of other worlds.  

Why would God only create one world with life?   

Which also explains the existence of Dinosaurs or Cave Man.

They could have been there before God Created Adam.  As a prior project so to speak.  Where their world ended as ours will according to scripture.

I am sure there are going to be those that my post have angered, but if one were to reference certain things it actually shows that there is other life out there. 

That's a pretty circular argument if you think about it. If you accept the argument that God created everything, then we were purposely designed to want to worship things. Which basically means the God you believe in (by your argument anyway) purposely designed us to kiss it's arse.

Does that sound overly logical to you?

not to kiss his butt. but have a relationship like a father/son relationship

Personally I think that God could have just as easily created other beings just as he did earth. I see no reason why it could not have happened that way too. For now though I dont think we need to be throwing money to the space program outside of just putting satalites in orbit. Anything other than that is just a waste. I say this because people can not get along with each other. I know we would just destroy or anger them. Its just going to be just like that one mirror universe episode of Star Trek Enterprise when Zephran Cockran shot the Vulcans as soon as they got off their ship. Thats essentially what will happen.

How do you make the jump from investing in the space program to getting into a galactic fight with aliens? There is nothing logical with that thinking. While we are looking for life in space, that is far from our primary goal of the space program. To suggest we should stop investing in our future, which without a doubt includes space, to base that idea on pissing off aliens is based in ignorance at best. 

If you want to know why space is important then take the time and watch this...

the short version

The mind-boggling hugeness of the universe is a testament to the glory of God, who is infinitely more powerful than any of the creatures that inhabit Earth.

Don't forget who's miracles include showing up on toast and stained walls, very powerful stuff.

Nothing wrong with that logic. It's like saying humans created machines and robots to serve humanity. The only difference here is that machines and robots will never be sentient enough to decide for themselves to rebel against humanity and deny their own purpose.

God's design for humanity is as such - to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism)

Basically forever brown noise god for giving us life....no thanks you can keep that god to yourself. 

1. Oxygen/ozone problem.

You're assuming life on other planets would be like anything here on Earth, for all we know life could exist in ways we can't even currently conceive. We ONLY currently know of life based on what we have on Earth, that's it. We know that the building blocks of life that work for our planet exists beyond our planet, from that we can start building models and predictions but that in no way means what I said earlier, life more then likely exists in ways we just can't even fathom. So no, it's not more likely for god in anyway. 

there's an old  saying that comes to mind: "people who dosn't believe in god, would believe in anything else."

aliens?

it makes me laugh when people claims they are out there, and they exit, even though we dont have any proof.

movies made people believe in just about everything, the genuine and wild imagination in movies like:  star wars and star trek has deluded people into believe it's just a matter of time, before will shake hands with aliens,and say live long and prosper, and use a phaser as a weapon.

not to mention space\time travel. :wacko:

during life i come across people that convinced all of the above is real, or partially real.

once(in 98) i debated a real loony, who worshiped science, which claimed that "in 20 years, will have the ability to choose when we gonna die." :rolleyes:

UFO, here's a term i strongly suggest to people who believe in aliens to understand.

Clearly, you debated an imbecile.

Many scientific advances owe their genesis to science fiction.   We already have "phasers" of a sort; directed energy weapons exist, they're just impractical currently.

We also already can choose when we're going to die.  You could take a gun  now and pop yourself in the head; that's a choice to die right there.

UFO != aliens.  It literally just means an object flying that you can't identify.  Most of them are explainable phenomena and some are likely just military aircraft.

Are their other forms of life in the universe beyond those of our small planet?  Statistically the chances are very high given the size of the universe.  Does that make it a certainty? No, just a very good probability.  That doesn't mean they're visiting us though, or that we'll ever meet them.

Plenty of theological food for thought there, and leads to my already foregone conclusion that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial life, and any rumours of abductions and visitations are either deceptions by demonic spirits / fallen angels or elaborate human hoaxes.

And yet you've already fallen for the most elaborate human hoax of them all. :p

• Like 1

I was taught God created us to love and worship him and he love us back.

makes sense since people have a knack to worship. just that some worship in other ways but we have a deep desire to worship something in general.

Then why does this "loving god" continually exterminate so many of us, hmm?

Our desire to "worship" is nothing more than the primitive fear of things we don't understand.  I have no desire to worship anything, because I have at least enough of a reasonable understanding of the world around me to not be afraid.

Also, should your god exist, I still wouldn't worship it.  I bow my head to no one and nothing, and certainly not to a malignant entity bent on tormenting its creations unless we do exactly what it tells us (and then refuses to tell us a damn thing that makes any sense).

It's a physical impossibility that there isn't life elsewhere out there.

Correction, it's a statistical improbability.  Nothing is truly certain, except for the stupidity of politicians.  That's a universal constant. :p

Never say never.  I know plenty of people who are dumber than my watch.

It's funny you mention all this, since we do know life began on earth long before it was habitable by humans and it was through the evolution of the planet and life on our planet that has culminated to where we are today.

You write as if earth was perfect and we were just placed here but truth be told, it was far from it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremophile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coacervate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale

There is no evidence of god, a godly presence nor is anything as such abdundant and intimate.  We have barely begun the robotic exploration of our nearest planets and haven't even left our solar system yet you conclusively believe there is no life elsewhere? how do you jump to such conclusions?

ummm, but earth is only 6000 years old and was created perfect and dinosaurs are a fabrication by the scientists who are the creation of satan

obviously ;)

ummm, but earth is only 6000 years old and was created perfect and dinosaurs are a fabrication by the scientists who are the creation of satan

obviously ;)

Scientists are the creation of satan? Well ######. To think that I thought that all those fancy medicines that help cure diseases were wonderful things.

Turns out that by taking medicine we are all ultimately consuming creations of the devil.

:|