How greedy are you?

How greedy is Neowin?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you kill someone for a winning lottery ticket?

If you could kill someone you knew, and get away with it who had a winning lottery ticket of let's say the Euromillions of ?25,000,000, would you go through with it?

The topic title seems a little misleading, I came in thinking it was going to be about how Neowin displays ads or uses the money they get from Sub's. You should change it to something like "How Greedy are you" or "How greedy are the members of Neowin" Just a thought.

And no, there is no amount of money you could give me to take the life of another human being. You can't put a dollar amount on a life.

Definitely would not... all the things that money could buy would not erase the guilt I would carry. Plus, karma's a b****, who knows what would happen later. Not worth it.

• Like 2

Someone losing a life over a lottery ticket is cockamamie. The gov't takes half of your money anyways.

Definitely would not... all the things that money could buy would not erase the guilt I would carry. Plus, karma's a b****, who knows what would happen later. Not worth it.

What if that person was terminally ill, in pain and asked you do to it, and you would still get the money afterwards. Does that change your perspective?

What if that person was terminally ill, in pain and asked you do to it, and you would still get the money afterwards. Does that change your perspective?

It might be easier to win the lotto, than ecounterig someone of this kind.

Of course not, it's just Money. You think 25m will make you happier or better off? We already have a house, a computer, internet and enough food to survive but clearly we need more.... :/ Whoever thinks they need more are naive and whoever would kill for more should be killed.

If he

If he/she asked I would let that up to his/her doctors to handle and then I would only take the money if I was given the money by the person who one it. Anyways, I would never kill someone, life is much move valuable than money.

The dumbasses who voted "Yes" deserve to be robbed and left in blood by a homeless for a mobile phone or as much as $10.

Then, maybe they'll appreciate more LIFE. How can you put in balance a LIFE and a fistfull of dollars? Sigh... this society is more and more hopeless.

The dumbasses who voted "Yes" deserve to be robbed and left in blood by a homeless for a mobile phone or as much as $10.

Firstly, everyone has a price - EVERYONE.  Yours may be considerably higher, and it may not be financial, but trust me - you have one.

Secondly, you call out those who have set their level attainable by this thread, and then suggest they deserve to be beaten for a material possession...

Seems like we've found where your line is, and it took so little to find out.  Absolute hypocrisy...

Firstly, everyone has a price - EVERYONE.  Yours may be considerably higher, and it may not be financial, but trust me - you have one.

Secondly, you call out those who have set their level attainable by this thread, and then suggest they deserve to be beaten for a material possession...

Seems like we've found where your line is, and it took so little to find out.  Absolute hypocrisy...

If the price is murder of someone I care about then I'd murder someone else, sure. If that's what you mean by 'price'. But for purely economic gain, you're (not you) a cancer; a congregation of cells that shouldn't exist.

Then, maybe they'll appreciate more LIFE. How can you put in balance a LIFE and a fistfull of dollars? Sigh... this society is more and more hopeless.

so you're against murder while at the same time condoning murder?

• Like 1

I would never kill anyone. Even if I could get away with it, it's just so morally wrong and I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I'd rather be poor and have a good conscience than have all the money in the world and have that on my shoulders.

No. Never, fact of the matter is, I didn't win, so the money was never mine, but if I was in that dire a need, I would ask that friend for a loan. Or if the situation was switched, I would have no problem helping out a friend in need. I have no need for that amount of money even though it would be nice to never have to worry about bills again.

If the price is murder of someone I care about then I'd murder someone else, sure. If that's what you mean by 'price'. But for purely economic gain, you're (not you) a cancer; a congregation of cells that shouldn't exist.

That's my point.  Everyone had a price, but I stated that it's not always economic.  Condemning someone for where their line is feels a little naive to me.

I've seen dead people, seen them killed over less than ?1000.  Seen their corpses left by their killers, who the next day won't even bat an eyelid.  I'd not saying it's right, it's just how it is.