Do you think I can get $600-$650 for my launch edition PS4?

I think what you are talking about is slightly different though, buying a product, using it and selling it on Craig's List or Ebay etc is completely different to buying an item with the sole purpose to make money. It's a little like ticket touting imo which is viewed as very very bad and in some scenario's I believe can be illegal. I believe at least in the UK there are people looking into how they can try and protect consumers from these sorts of dodgy deals and write laws around ticket touting - I don't see this as being all that different.

I think it's a little unfair to say if they are willing to pay then its not the sellers problem, if your car needed a service or a part - and all the local garages decided to "fix prices" and charge an extra 50% on that job does that make it ok? you need the job doing so you are willing to pay it, that doesn't make the price hike OK. I know this is really not comparable but I'm struggling to think of a scenario that is really alike. If you ask me, saying its their fault if they choose to pay is just offloading the blame because that's the easiest way to do it. YOU choose to take advantage of someones desires for your own gain, you can't abstain yourself from that.

Doesn't cruise lines and theme parks take advantage of your desires when selling souvenirs?  Jacked up prices on what equates to dollar store trinkets.  Local Garages do take advantage of people who need service for their cars.  Have you ever seen the labor charges when you get your car fixed?  Most places around where I live are at $90+ an hour now.  

Equating me to a ticket scalper?  Not even close.  Ticket scalpers are not on the fence on rather they want to see the concert or not.  They are about the $$$ from the jump.  I've been on the fence about keeping the PS4 or not, and have weighed out all possible situations.  If I don't manage to sell it, that is fine with me.  I won't lose any sleep on owning a PS4.  I will buy Knack (to enjoy with my kids) and some of the Indie games that will be available at launch.  

If I manage to sell the PS4 and make a few bucks off of it, I'm happy with that too.  And if remote play works better than advertised, then I end up with a PS4 and a Vita (in which someone basically will be buying for me with the little extra change I'll be making on the initial sale)  The economy just got better all around.

Doesn't cruise lines and theme parks take advantage of your desires when selling souvenirs?  Jacked up prices on what equates to dollar store trinkets.  Local Garages do take advantage of people who need service for their cars.  Have you ever seen the labor charges when you get your car fixed?  Most places around where I live are at $90+ an hour now.  

Equating me to a ticket scalper?  Not even close.  Ticket scalpers are not on the fence on rather they want to see the concert or not.  They are about the $$$ from the jump.  I've been on the fence about keeping the PS4 or not, and have weighed out all possible situations.  If I don't manage to sell it, that is fine with me.  I won't lose any sleep on owning a PS4.  I will buy Knack (to enjoy with my kids) and some of the Indie games that will be available at launch.  

If I manage to sell the PS4 and make a few bucks off of it, I'm happy with that too.  And if remote play works better than advertised, then I end up with a PS4 and a Vita (in which someone basically will be buying for me with the little extra change I'll be making on the initial sale)  The economy just got better all around.

It would be like the scalpers though.. They have x number of tickets to sell..  if they sell them all then they go home with pockets full of money.. they don't they go and watch the show.   You are doing the same thing.  I would be ###### off if I lost my chance for a launch console because someone who doesn't care if they get it or not has a place in line.  

However.. to the people who buy it for dumb sums of money.. clearly money doesn't matter.. so if you do the dumb thing (keep the one and sell the 4).. and make some money then good for you.. if not then at least you will use the ps4, and not just hurt people who legitimately want one.

For the record, I do hope there are more than enough on the shelves so that people who are out to make a quick buck by taking consoles from people who want them and forcing them to spend more, end up out the 400-500$ of the console and can't sell it.

I think what you are talking about is slightly different though, buying a product, using it and selling it on Craig's List or Ebay etc is completely different to buying an item with the sole purpose to make money. It's a little like ticket touting imo which is viewed as very very bad and in some scenario's I believe can be illegal. I believe at least in the UK there are people looking into how they can try and protect consumers from these sorts of dodgy deals and write laws around ticket touting - I don't see this as being all that different.

I think it's a little unfair to say if they are willing to pay then its not the sellers problem, if your car needed a service or a part - and all the local garages decided to "fix prices" and charge an extra 50% on that job does that make it ok? you need the job doing so you are willing to pay it, that doesn't make the price hike OK. I know this is really not comparable but I'm struggling to think of a scenario that is really alike. If you ask me, saying its their fault if they choose to pay is just offloading the blame because that's the easiest way to do it. YOU choose to take advantage of someones desires for your own gain, you can't abstain yourself from that.

I don't think it's like ticket touting at all really because any potential buyer knows that the supply of PS4s will improve over time whereas a ticket tout is profitting from a one off or time limites event.  It's more like a supermarket supply chain that might include numerous participants between the farmer that grows the apple and the supermarket that sells it to you. 

Also, I can't see the difference between selling a launch day console at a price that a buyer is willing to pay and selling an antique at a price that a buyer is willing to pay.  Like the console, the antique increases in value because it's popular/desirable and because its supply is limited.  It doesn't make sense to compare this to retailers who are limited by competition and supply and demand concerns.

It would be like the scalpers though.. They have x number of tickets to sell..  if they sell them all then they go home with pockets full of money.. they don't they go and watch the show.   You are doing the same thing.  I would be ****ed off if I lost my chance for a launch console because someone who doesn't care if they get it or not has a place in line.  

However.. to the people who buy it for dumb sums of money.. clearly money doesn't matter.. so if you do the dumb thing (keep the one and sell the 4).. and make some money then good for you.. if not then at least you will use the ps4, and not just hurt people who legitimately want one.

For the record, I do hope there are more than enough on the shelves so that people who are out to make a quick buck by taking consoles from people who want them and forcing them to spend more, end up out the 400-500$ of the console and can't sell it.

But everyone had access to the same resources to get a PS4.  I clicked the button on Amazon like tons of other people did (or those who went to GameStop, Game, etc).  I didn't take anything away from them.  Once the PS4 was shown in February, that should have been the warning call to get your funds in order if you really want one.  Like I said, I saved for next gen a couple of years ago (didn't expect this gen to last so long).  I didn't mull things over like most do.  I made a quick decision (sometimes thinking to long about a purchase will be people's downfall when it comes time to purchase one).

Like I said, if somebody wants what is basically my spot in line they will have to pay for it.  I'm not gonna just step out of line and say here you can take my spot and here is a voucher to purchase a PS4 on the house.  I would rather keep it and use it (didn't basically stand in line for 5months for nothing).

Scalpers have no intention on keeping or using their products.  If I end up having to keep the PS4, then so be it, it will get used.  If I can off load it on someone willing to pay the price of having to HAVE it now, then so be it too.  

Isn't there a video game store in Europe doing this very thing.  If you want a PS4 you HAVE to buy a bundle to get it.  Basically you have to pay the price of wanting it now.

Though I do frown upon such actions, it is a supply and demand system, and people do this all the time with new systems, I remember christmas season when the Wii came out and there was a guy sitting out in the parking lot of ToysRus with 2 of them at a 75% mark up on the price.. however people atleast on my local Craigslist are looking to pay up to $100 extra just for a preorder ticket, so $650-$700 isnt out of the realm of possibility. Good luck to you

To be honest, I can't see the same type of resale markup we've seen in the past with the Wii and such.

There just aren't really any huge launch titles (especially now with Watch Dogs gone). Who knows though, I'm probably wrong because I can't sympathize OR empathize with people buying a launch day console with nothing good to play.

Here's hoping sony has a huge supply of ps4s and all the resellers get totally screwed.