8 Reasons to Get a Windows Tablet

Do you like Windows but also like android/iOS too, then a Windows 8 tablet might be right for you. Windows tablets give you the tablet experience with the addition of the Windows experience as well. Here are 8 reasons to get a Windows Tablet

1.  There are pretty cool designs out there such as Dell's convertible laptop/tablets, Asus's tablets that can become laptops with a keyboard dock, and Microsoft Surface that features a innovative kickstand and a keyboard cover.

2. Great Apps, Windows 8/RT is still young and getting more apps, the apps on Windows RT/8 are very well designed and there are a wide variety of apps to choose from just like on Android and iOS.

3. The interface on a tablet is very beautiful, the vibrant start screen on a tablet is attention getting. There is lots of customization offered on Windows RT/8 compared to android/iOS. You can change the desktop themes, in addition, you can change the lock screen pic, the color of the start screen, and the start screen theme and rearrange the tiles. Unlike Android and iOS, Windows 8/RT uses live tiles which are always updating.

4. External Device support, Windows 8/RT offers the exceptional external device support that has been in Windows for a long time. You can plug about anything into Windows 8/RT and it will have the driver installed.

5. The desktop experience, if you love Windows the desktop on Windows 8/RT may be the big reason to get a Windows tablet, it offers the rich desktop experience, with all the longtime Microsoft programs like paint, calculator, etc. File Explorer of course is on the desktop as well and is great to have to keep your files organized , in contrast to Android/iOS that do not. Note: 3rd party programs cannot be installed on the desktop in Windows RT but they can in Windows 8 & Pro.

6. Microsoft Office 2013 is installed on Windows RT and  offers a robust experience for work and school etc.  When you buy a Windows RT tablet, you are essentially get Microsoft Office 2013 for free.

7. Skydrive, with SkyDrive installed, you can have all your files in the cloud, so you'll never lose them, retain storage space, and have them everywhere

8. Accessories, because Windows RT/8 offers a great amount of driver support, you can use a wide variety of cool accessories.

Surface%20Pro%20Press%202-580-90.jpg

"2. Great Apps, Windows 8/RT is still young and getting more apps, the apps on Windows RT/8 are very well designed and there are a wide variety of apps to choose from just like on Android and iOS." - I'm not sure but windows appstore isn't even close app quality wise, or selection wise compared to android/iOS; even on the mobile front.  This point is a blatant PR lie. 

"2. Great Apps, Windows 8/RT is still young and getting more apps, the apps on Windows RT/8 are very well designed and there are a wide variety of apps to choose from just like on Android and iOS." - I'm not sure but windows appstore isn't even close app quality wise, or selection wise compared to android/iOS; even on the mobile front.  This point is a blatant PR lie. 

8 has all the apps you've ever used on Windows, far more than Android or iOS, so no...it's just half wrong.

Good Reasons.. but for a "tablet" i would prefer a iPad or Android.. for a laptop replacement.. I would get one of those dell convertibles.. 

I'd get an 8 tablet before RT.  Too much legacy stuff I don't feel like getting rid of.

I have a Windows 8 Pro laptop and a Windows RT asus tablet. I don't feel shortchanged by not having 3rd party desktops apps on my tablet, because I can use my laptop for that.  Windows RT is more Windows 8 on the go or lite edition.

8 has all the apps you've ever used on Windows, far more than Android or iOS, so no...it's just half wrong.

the article says "apps on Windows RT/8". As far as I know to be correct, the only "apps" which they refer to, is Metro Apps. Desktop Applications, do not run on RT, only Metro Apps. So when they state "app", its a specific reference to Modern or Metro UI apps. So then yes, My point is correct, and they are pulling a PR fast one. If you are getting confused or trying to blur the definition or context of what an "app" is, please don't, its pretty clear by now. So then no, there aren't more metro apps available, or better quality wise. So no, its a full wrong, a full attempt at PR maneuvering  :/

the article says "apps on Windows RT/8". As far as I know to be correct, the only "apps" which they refer to, is Metro Apps. Desktop Applications, do not run on RT, only Metro Apps. So when they state "app", its a specific reference to Modern or Metro UI apps. So then yes, My point is correct, and they are pulling a PR fast one. If you are getting confused or trying to blur the definition or context of what an "app" is, please don't, its pretty clear by now. So then no, there aren't more metro apps available, or better quality wise. So no, its a full wrong, a full attempt at PR maneuvering :/

It's articles like these that are main reason behind the RT debacle. Confuse your customers so much that they will just give up and purchase a product from the competitor.

the article says "apps on Windows RT/8". As far as I know to be correct, the only "apps" which they refer to, is Metro Apps. Desktop Applications, do not run on RT, only Metro Apps. So when they state "app", its a specific reference to Modern or Metro UI apps. So then yes, My point is correct, and they are pulling a PR fast one. If you are getting confused or trying to blur the definition or context of what an "app" is, please don't, its pretty clear by now. So then no, there aren't more metro apps available, or better quality wise. So no, its a full wrong, a full attempt at PR maneuvering  :/

What you're saying is only relevant to RT, not 8.  So their skew and your skew of the facts are equally lame.

'apps' are the name people use nowadays for software on their tablets and phones.

'applications' run on the desktop, windows or OSX one.

No one says I'm going to install this AutoCAD 'app' now......  If so, slap them ;-)

• Like 2

Apps are generally known as the things on mobile OSs even though they are short for applications. Programs are generally known as the things on the desktop, even though they are the kind of same as application.

'apps' are the name people use nowadays for software on their tablets and phones.

'applications' run on the desktop, windows or OSX one.

No one says I'm going to install this AutoCAD 'app' now......  If so, slap them ;-)

App is short for application, so who the hell cares what people choose to call their apps?

Slap me all you like, I'm on my desktop using an app right now.

App is short for application, so who the hell cares what people choose to call their apps?

Slap me all you like, I'm on my desktop using an app right now.

Ladies and gentleman, the end of proper computational terms. reminds me of apple naming the ip number something fancy, something less "technical" so much that I can't even remember the proper name now.

P.D: I'll go and edit audio on my just arrived Cubasis 7 application.

"2. Great Apps, Windows 8/RT is still young and getting more apps, the apps on Windows RT/8 are very well designed and there are a wide variety of apps to choose from just like on Android and iOS." - I'm not sure but windows appstore isn't even close app quality wise, or selection wise compared to android/iOS; even on the mobile front.  This point is a blatant PR lie. [/size]

androids tablet apps selection is mediocre at best compared to the windows store, it runs mostly phone apps rescaled or blown up. fact, 10inch android tablets were complete and utter failures. where do you get off criticizing rt tablets,which are 10+ inch, yet referencing android in the same breath.

rt has full flash support,so you can access the majority of the content from these missing apps by using the browser anyways.

Ladies and gentleman, the end of proper computational terms. reminds me of apple naming the ip number something fancy, something less "technical" so much that I can't even remember the proper name now.

P.D: I'll go and edit audio on my just arrived Cubasis 7 application.

I'd apologize that shorthand is so offensive to you, but that would be ridiculous.

What you're saying is only relevant to RT, not 8.  So their skew and your skew of the facts are equally lame.

I'm not skewing anything. you want  to openly refer to 'apps' as desktop applications when its been well known that this is no longer the case with windows 8 and so forth introducing metro apps. 'Apps' are no longer a term referring to desktop apps, that run on 32/64bit architectures, but to Metro/Modern UI.  

androids tablet apps selection is mediocre at best compared to the windows store, it runs mostly phone apps rescaled or blown up. fact, 10inch android tablets were complete and utter failures. where do you get off criticizing rt tablets,which are 10+ inch, yet referencing android in the same breath.

rt has full flash support,so you can access the majority of the content from these missing apps by using the browser anyways.

:laugh:  Wow, you know nothing! Android apps are up to the snuff. I mean have you actually had a look at what they can do? All the best apps are right there, along with iOS. The selection beats the pants of MS appstore, on any front any time of the day. 2 are maturing platforms, whilst the other is trying to emulate a reputation it is yet to earn. Nice try. And yes, flash runs on Android. YouTube videos work perfectly, on Chrome, on Firefox, on Opera, on Dolphin and any other tablet app for android. So yah.... not that great or differentiated if MS thought IE had that going for it, LOL. And honestly, we are talking about apps, not the details of android  hardware, so try and stick to the topic. "where do I get off" -> how about i get off the place that states you should face the facts  :rolleyes:

I'm not skewing anything. you want  to openly refer to 'apps' as desktop applications when its been well known that this is no longer the case with windows 8 and so forth introducing metro apps. 'Apps' are no longer a term referring to desktop apps, that run on 32/64bit architectures, but to Metro/Modern UI.  

Who decided that when?  Sounds like you're the only one who decided that.

Apps refer to all applications you can run on the OS.

I disagree about the apps too.

But, and this is a big but, the only apps that I miss are specialized ones, like Candy Crush. The web browser is "good enough" for most things, and using it an RT device isn't a chore. I do wish I had waited for the 2nd generation, with benchmarks that are between 100% and 400% faster.

6. Microsoft Office 2013 is installed on Windows RT and  offers a robust experience for work and school etc.  When you buy a Windows RT tablet, you are essentially get Microsoft Office 2013 for free.

If I recall correctly, the Office preinstalled on RT device is Home&Student version (or similar), which is not allowed to be used for business or profitable activities AFAIK.

:laugh:  Wow, you know nothing! Android apps are up to the snuff. I mean have you actually had a look at what they can do? All the best apps are right there, along with iOS. The selection beats the pants of MS appstore, on any front any time of the day.

you don't seem to understand what tablet apps are. the selection of tablet apps for android is weak, even greatly weaker than the selection in the windows store. my point being,dont even bring android into this when you are criticizing RT,because on the tablet apps side, android is more than a failure. 

That there are over 375,000 apps in the Apple App Store that are designed with iPad users in mind, versus just a fraction of this ? in the low tens of thousands ? available through Google Play

http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/half-top-ipad-apps-either-unavailable-or-not-optimized-android

,because on the tablet apps side, android is more than a failure.

Most apps can be scaled to larger screens with no issues.   I have never had an issue using an Android app on a tablet which was written for a phone in my 4+ years using a tablet.  I know a lot of other people as well and no one is really complaining about this in the community...because apps can be scaled for larger screens.

Tablet apps on Android is far from being a failure.