Marilyn Manson unmasked

Gothic rocker Marilyn Manson is known for his intense look, complete with spooky, dark makeup and mismatched colored contacts, but in a new shot from the Eastbound & Down set, the singer, 44, is fresh faced and makeup free.

TMZ posted the images of the frontman looking entirely unrecognizable.

Manson, whose real name is Brian Hugh Warner, has acted before. In 1997 he appeared in the film Lost Highway and has since made a series of cameos, including a spot in former fianc?e Rose McGowan's 1999 film Jawbreaker.

more

post-37120-0-58052700-1381361884.jpg

I don't know if anybody watches Californication but Marilyn Manson had an excellent bit part in the recent season. He's clearly very intelligent and is a talented performer, regardless of the amount of makeup he wears.

• Like 1

Way back when i used to work in a mall in Boynton Beach, he used to come in with his dad and walk around like any regular person...   i would have never recognized him (i'm just not into his music) but a girl i worked with was nuts about him.

he was a cool guy, pretty mellow.   not like his stage character at all

He is still one odd looking S.O.B. without the makeup. =\

He's clearly very intelligent and is a talented performer, regardless of the amount of makeup he wears.

Agreed, however in my opinion he hasn't recorded a stellar album since Antichrist Superstar.

• Like 1

He is still one odd looking S.O.B. without the makeup. =\

Agreed, however in my opinion he hasn't recorded a stellar album since Antichrist Superstar.

Mechanical Animals was good. However yeah, he's yet to regain his form.

• Like 1

He's a smart guy and the book he wrote was very very interesting.  I'd recommend it for anybody that wants a good read.

I've seen him live a handful of times and he has one of the most brilliant stage presences. The first time I saw him perform, he dressed like the pope, lit a bible on fire, and threw it into the crowd.

He really revolutionized the shock factor.

Mechanical Animals was good. However yeah, he's yet to regain his form.

Mechanical Animals, like Holy Wood had it moments however it just didn't capture my attention like Antichrist Superstar. :p

I believe he was a writer for Rolling Stone too.

Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood were both excellent albums, significantly better than Antichrist Superstar in my opinion. In fact I consider Antichrist Superstar to be one of his weaker albums, as I preferred the earlier Portrait Of An American Family. The Golden Age Of Grotesque had a few decent tracks but as an album was poor and I haven't liked any of his stuff since. He seemed to lose his inspiration around the time he started dating Dita Von Teese and Tim Skold joined the band.

I believe Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood are part of a trio of concept albums anyways. I really like Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood mind you, I just feel like Antichrist Superstar had the more intense songs, e.g. Angel With The Scabbed Wings.

• 3 months later...

It's not like he really goes to any major lengths to not be seen in costume!?

I find him articulate, and quite frankly he had become a poster-boy for a market, and is milking it for all it's worth.  His earlier stuff (I tend to hate people who say this) was far superior to his recent, especially when collaborating with Trent.  His book... I took with a massive pinch of salt as I found it very predictable to the image.

Neither of those images are "fresh faced and makeup free".

I'd ask why anybody actually gives a ###### anyway, it's no big secret, is it? But then it's TMZ, so no reason needed.