American Space Exploration Depends Too Much on Russia

Oh please Hum, show us some of this real technology...

What is real for you? What you can touch? Or may be Wikipedia profile is your hard proof of such real technology?

Considering the limited funding to Nasa, why can't all countries just depend on each other for further exploration of space as a benefit to the world? I never cared for the us vs them segregation mentality, everyone can benefit more if the world comes together for everything but of course that would unlikely happen due to cultural differences and everyone hates others that are different for no real reason. I just wish every scientist from every part of the world could all share projects and funding to achieve the goals necessary to advance technology and exploration of space. 

Considering the limited funding to Nasa, why can't all countries just depend on each other for further exploration of space as a benefit to the world? I never cared for the us vs them segregation mentality, everyone can benefit more if the world comes together for everything but of course that would unlikely happen due to cultural differences and everyone hates others that are different for no real reason. I just wish every scientist from every part of the world could all share projects and funding to achieve the goals necessary to advance technology and exploration of space. 

Not much happens without competition. The reason that NASA got so much funding back in the day was because of the competition with the Russians. 

Their really isnt too much that goes on in the world which isn't driven by competition. Microsoft is a prime example.

That being said I wish it wasnt so, and the likes of the UN could be in charge and everybody funded it, but how do you get people to pay?

I would think goals like getting humans to Mars or better imaging devices further out in space to see more of it or discovering ET life would be as much of an incentive as competition. No one really cares who got to the moon first nowadays but the fact that humans got there seems to serve the purpose. Only haters seem to care about who is better, smarter or more advanced. What a selfish waste of time. 

We sit here in America and complain about racism, about giving equal rights but we're better than those russians right?  Screw China but we'll buy all their products cause we're proud Americans? Same difference to me but studies and research continues each day without direct competition in many cases with the goals of treating diseases or other such advancements, not to say hahaha you other country.

However IF competition is so important then all those conspiracies of UFO crashes must be false because surely we would say hey, we discovered ET's first! 

I think we as a country are too worried about being on top as foreign political influence and fighting power but yet who is really living it up as a result of not having all the baggage that goes with it? They may not have nukes or fancy tanks but they get nicer streets to drive on along with everything else...sheesh  /rant

That? Wasn't that largely Canadian and cancelled as it was besieged with problems the US couldn't fix?

True that, but I posted it in jest. That said, there are working designs similar to it now that are headed for opetational status. Modern composites etc. make a world of difference.

Example; this prototype masses in at 770 kg, carries a 640 kg payload, can do 180 km/h, and has a service ceiling of 3,658 meters. Every year it gets better, with two uses being a medevac drone or for infantry resupply.

True that, but I posted it in jest. That said, there are working designs similar to it now that are headed for opetational status. Modern composites etc. make a world of difference.

Example; this prototype masses in at 770 kg, carries a 640 kg payload, can do 180 km/h, and has a service ceiling of 3,658 meters. Every year it gets better, with two uses being a medevac drone or for infantry resupply.

Further, consider the B-2 Spirit bomber - the original design harkened back to Jack Northrup (yes - the SAME one that founded the larger half of what is now Northrup Grumman) and was originally a prop-driven design; the flyable version of the 1950s (while darn near structurally identical), used jet engines originally developed for the B-58 Hustler bomber.

Odd Factoid - What does the B-2 bomber have in common with a bakery?  Oddly enough, both have Northrup Grumman in common - the Grumman half makes commercial truck bodies; specifically, the sliding-on-both-sides truck bodies used in businesses small to extra-large (they are still used in some parts of the world by UPS and FedEx - and were more common with both) - however, they are mostly associated with bakeries (Intercontinental Baking, primarily - yes, the same ones that baked Wonder and Hostess until they went into Chapter 7) hence they are STILL being called "bread trucks" - even when painted Air Force blue or battleship (US Navy) grey.