ImgBurn Problem Burning Small Audio Files

Question

Not really fully tested what is acceptable or not but there seems to be a problem with Img Burn burning small audio files less than about 2:30 or so.

When playing in the car the tracks skip out a second every 5 or 6 seconds.  It doesn't happen with longer songs, just short ones.

The tracks are fine as they play fine on the PC but I don't really want to be wasting a bunch of CDs testing it out.

However the significant difference is that the DVD drive is new.  It was the first burning I did at 4x speed.  Not really found any issues with ImgBurn doing this before and when burning the same tracks on the old PC with an old drive, they were fine.  Not sure if there any settings I missed in ImgBurn.

What say you Neowin?

New drive needed?

2 answers to this question

I'd say it has to do something with your drive or medium. A couple of days back I burned an audio test-cd with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0. This test-cd has 90 very short tracks on it to test your equipement and it burned flawlessly. I never touch any setting in ImgBurn, except to disable those horrible error and success sounds. :P

:)  I'll d some more testing.

Tried burning an audio cd, which included the small tracks - that worked fine.

Will try another mp3 cd and see if they play back okay on the pc.