Recommend a Better Bank

Can someone recommend a better back to me for here in the USA?

I currently bank with Bank of America and am planning to move away from them for their total lack of customer service.

What personal banks would you recommend and why?

The only reason I went with BoA was because they have the most ATM in the USA.

You can search for banks in your area online and compare the fees and everything. I use a local bank and they have no fees for checking. My bank also has very nice ATMs where you can deposit cash and checks right into the ATM itself and it puts it immediately into your account (except checks).

I would look into a credit union.  Best choice I've ever made...as far as banking goes.

Agreed, credit unions can be an excellent choice, better customer service and local discounts on loans, etc.

I use a local "super regional" bank with great service and zero dollar account fees and I have been very happy.

You can search for banks in your area online and compare the fees and everything. I use a local bank and they have no fees for checking. My bank also has very nice ATMs where you can deposit cash and checks right into the ATM itself and it puts it immediately into your account (except checks).

Mine is the same way.. :)

I would look into a credit union.  Best choice I've ever made...as far as banking goes.

This as well... I used to have one with them before.

I'd honestly say if you didn't like BofA customer service then just avoid any other large institution because there isn't going to be a big difference between them in that area. Just pick a local bank or credit union.  Other than that, we just do not have enough info to help any more. You really haven't told us what kind of banking customer you are. What your account types, needs and expectations are.  We do not know what part of the country you are in. Do you have a million dollars or just 50 bucks in a checking account? Those things are kind of important to know if you want any more help I'd think.  

I'm quite pleased with USAA.  They pay any ATM fees you get.  One time I had a $12 fee in Vegas and they still reimbursed it.

Their mobile application is nice.  Wish they would get better support for Windows Phone (But, I can say that for most of the banks).

They have no fees that I know of.  Transferring money doesn't have any fees either.

Can you give us a state to go off of. I can think of a few in nj and pa. If you are looking more national maybe tdbank or citibank. But the bigger they are they seem to lose touch with people and get more in touch with money and numbers.

It all depends on what you're looking for. I love my bank as a simple checking account. I'm using CapitalOne 360, formerly ING Direct. They don't offer as many investment options (or at least not that I've explored), but they work great as a simple checking and savings. No fees for anything really. The only disadvantage they had was not having physical locations to cash a check, but now you can cash a check with the app so it's all good.