How to clean install Windows 8 on a OEM laptop?

Hello,

I am about to buy a new laptop today that comes with Windows 8 (OEM).

I am not really a fan of the pre-installed applications that comes bundled with laptops and I would like to perform a clean install of Windows 8. 

On Windows 7, I was able to either activate the OS using the following ways;

• Generic OEM Key along with the OEM certificate
  • Serial Number located on the Windows label under the laptop

I purchased Windows 8 at 49.99$ last year so I have access to the "ISO".

Anyone can point me out the proper way to install a clean Windows 8 and OEM activate it ?

Thank you

*I tried to add additional tags to the post but when I click "add tags" I can only select from a pre-selected list.

You need to modify (or add) the ei.cfg file in the ISO to set it to OEM instead of retail so it will then accept the right type of keys. There are plenty of instructions out there on the web for this.

If he purchased windows 8, why would he need to modify anything - he should of gotten a key he can use when he purchased it.

If you want to use the OEM that came with your laptop and do a clean install - did you get media with your laptop. Can you order or download media from maker of said laptop.. What laptop did you buy.

From my experience if it comes preinstalled with Windows 8 just install using a full Windows 8 media, and it will automatically detect the key embedded in the bios and will automatically be activated.

I purchased the Acer V5-552G-8409

I will need to make a bootable USB key because the one I choose don't have any DVD drive.

BudMan:

I purchased Windows 8 for one of my computers so the "upgrade" key is already activated. What I want to do a clean install on my new laptop that already comes with Win8 but filled with garbage.

theblazingangel / warwagon:

I hope it is easy as that. I'll remove the HDD and clone it before attemping it.  Hum no easy access to the HDD and I doubt I can run CloneZilla Bootable CD USB on it.

Thank you for the help and I will reply the result when done.

Just so you know there is no full or upgrade media its the key that determines how it acts. Its been this way since vista. The only change with Windows 8 is that when you install using the ISO its going to use the key thats in the bios and not the key you are wanting to use. You will not even get the opportunity to use the key because its going to pull it from the bios. You have to modify the media if you want to use a key for a different edition of Windows 8 than what it came pre-loaded with. Otherwise your stuck with whats in the bios.

I was not able to have my Windows 8 installation auto-detect my serial number from the EUFI BIOS even by creating a "ei.cfg" file on the "/sources" directory.

[EditionID]

[Channel]
OEM
[VL]

The image I used was the one I downloaded from Microsoft by providing my Win8 key (the key I got at 49.99$ at launch, and not the laptop OEM one.)

So I borrowed my friend Windows 8 "OEM" he got from "Newegg" and tried with that one, It did not ask me for any key during the installation and it is working perfectly.

At least it is working :)

Thank you all for your help