Playstation+ 20% Off ($40) @ Best Buy

Have no idea how long this deal is going to last, but right now a 12 month card of Playstation + is $40 at best Buy if you are a Gamer's Club member, which is free to sign up for.

Here is the direct link to the card on the Best Buy website.

The discount will show up once you add it to the cart. But it is confirmed also on the item page under Special Offers.

Apparently you can also get a 3 month care for $13.

I originally saw this deal at this Kotaku article entitled Save 20% On Playstation Plus, Halo 4 For Ten Bucks, and Papers, Please

No idea if this is a one day deal or not, so best to get it asap if you plan on doing so. Can either pick it up in store, or get free shipping.

$10 off is pretty much the best deal I have seen on + overall. I also had $10 in reward zone certificates that were expiring in less than 60 days, so I got to pick it up for $29.99, which was a fantastic deal to good to pass up.

Two very important things to keep in mind

1. Playstation + subscriptions can be stacked
  2. Sony has also already stated any current subscriptions of + on the PS3 will carry over to the PS4. And they are making + mandatory for online MP gaming on the PS4.

So even if you just subscribed to it recently, this year will just be added on top of your current sub. And/or although it is not known, because it is going more the way of Live, who knows, they may also increase the price

I am now good through April 2016 thanks to this deal (I basically have picked it up every-time I see it for $40)
200.gif

Enjoy!!

Decent deal. $40 is  about 2/3 of the price of a new game in the U.S. (RRP is $60 I think?) Considering it is 12 months worth of content, it is hard to see why someone wouldn't give it a go.

Looks like the deal is still going today so that is good.

Especially if you have any plans to get a PS4, I would say this is pretty much a must have at that point since they are making it mandatory for online.

But truly + is a good service overall and worth it for the free games, even if they are only free as long as you are a subscriber. it is basically just like Netflix or whatever, stay a subscriber and you have access to this particular stuff.

This month right now Shadow Of The Collosus is free for + members. If you have not played this classic PS2 game, that's a pretty damn good incentive to check it out alone.

I just also saw Telltales Poker Night 2 is coming up, might check that out simply because I read Portal's GladOS is the dealer.  :laugh:

At the end of this month is the one, the only, Hotline Miami. Such a damn good game. Definitely my favorite "smaller" game this year.

This is THE CURRENT list of + games you would have access to if you sign up today...

PS3 GAMES

• Shadow of the Colossus
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • ICO
  • Galaga Legions DX
  • BIT.TRIP Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  • XCom: Enemy Unknown
  • Little Big Planet Karting

PS VITA GAMES

• Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
  • Rayman Origins: PS Vita
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Gravity Rush

PS3 & PSVITA GAME

• Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars

post-34384-0-04556000-1381847391.jpg

Here is the full list of just the PS3-PSN games if you were a + subscriber since January 2012

1. Swords & Soldiers
  2. Back to the Future
  3. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
  4. Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
  5. Inferno Pool
  6. Hamsterball
  7. Fatal Inertia EX
  8. Battle Fantasia
  9. Far Cry 2
  10. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  11. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoons
  12. Shift 2: Unleashed
  13. Shank 2
  14. Rock of Ages
  15. Trine 2
  16. Awesomenauts
  17. Hard Corps: Uprising
  18. Sideway: New York
  19. Choplifter HD
  20. Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
  21. Little Big Planet 2
  22. inFamous 2
  23. Just Cause 2
  24. Saints Row 22
  25. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
  26. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  27. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  28. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  29. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
  30. The Walking Dead (Ep. 1-2)
  31. Gotham City Imposters
  32. Renegade Ops
  33. Bloodrayne: Betrayal
  34. Outland
  35. Borderlands
  36. Double Dragon Neon
  37. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  38. Starhawk (single-player)
  39. NFL Blitz
  40. PAYDAY: The Heist
  41. King of Fighters XIII
  42. Dungeon Defenders
  43. Quantum Conundrum
  44. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
  45. Bioshock 2
  46. Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
  47. Rochard
  48. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  49. Retro City Rampage
  50. NBA Jam: On Fire
  51. Mega Man 9
  52. Mega Man 10
  53. Darksiders
  54. Foosball 2012
  55. Guardians of Middle Earth
  56. Closure
  57. Vanquish
  58. Spec Ops: The Line
  59. Joe Danger 2: The Movie
  60. The Cave
  61. Demon's Souls
  62. Malicious
  63. Labyrinth Legends
  64. Zombie Tycoon 2
  65. Sleeping Dogs
  66. Knytt Underground
  67. Pinball Arcade
  68. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  69. Machinarium
  70. Saints Row: The Third
  71. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single-player)
  72. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  73. LittleBigPlanet Karting
  74. Battlefield 3
  75. Jet Set Radio
  76. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
  77. Hitman: Absolution
  78. Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  79. Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball
  80. Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection
  81. Galaga Legions DX
  82. Ico
  83. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  84. Shadow of the Colossus
  85. Hotline Miami (cross-buy)
  86. Poker Night 2

86 Free games over 2 years. Sure there are no doubt some duds in that list, but there are also some damn good games. It really is a great deal when all is said and done, and having more cloud storage, automatic downloads of updates, patches, etc., and then discounts on many new releases,  is just the icing on the cake.

My 1 Tip For Anyone New To +

As soon as new games are released on +, even if you are not sure you will ever play them, go ahead and add them to your cart and "purchase" them. Once you do that, you can cancel the subsequent download, and this way that game is always part of your gaming library. Out of the 86 games above, I did this with probably upwards of 70 of them, just so I know I can download those games if I ever chose to do so.

If you have the extra cash, and especially if you also own a Vita as I do, as truly and sincerely + goes from a should have to a must have for people who own both a Vita & PS3, there really is no reason not to have a + sub. I also cannot help but feel the more people who subscribe to +, the better the overall service will become, so I have selfish reasons for pushing it so much. I want to see it become even better. Even if it does not though, I truly feel I have gotten every single cent worth out of it and then some.