WP Update 3: Have you installed it?

WP Update 3: If you have a WP.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Have you updated? (If you have a WP)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you have upgraded, how many issues have you run into? (Describe Below)

• None
    • A Few
    • Plenty
    • The update doesn't work/ it has broken something significant
    • Did not update
  3. 3. If you updated to Update 3, which device did you update?

• Lumia 1020
    • Lumia 920
    • Lumia 928
    • Lumia 925
    • Lumia 520
    • Lumia 521
    • Lumia 620
    • Lumia 822
    • Lumia 810
    • Lumia 820
    • HTC 8X
    • HTC 8S
    • HTC 8XT
    • Other (list below)
    • Did not update

If you have a Nokia device, you can download the "Play To" Beta.

It should give you playback to most devices. XBox probably not due to MS being retards with the way they deployed the service -_-

I know, did you not read my post. play to requires you to play the media in the play to app. You can't share from the media gallery apps or such with the play to app.

I didn't check the whole thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a big jump in battery life with GDR3. Since I installed it, I feel like my battery has about 50% more life remaining at the end of my day.

I didn't check the whole thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a big jump in battery life with GDR3. Since I installed it, I feel like my battery has about 50% more life remaining at the end of my day.

On what device?  I haven't been looking much at mine so I haven't noticed anything tbh.  I have an HTC 8X.

I'm using GDR3 on my Lumia 520, never had any issue. However, I noticed that Word, PowerPoint and Excel still have their Office '10 icons in the app switcher. :)

I'm using GDR3 on my Lumia 520, never had any issue. However, I noticed that Word, PowerPoint and Excel still have their Office '10 icons in the app switcher. :)

So it's not pulling the icons from the live tile?

hello, I have an unlocked (at least I believe it is unlocked and unbranded) htc8x... The store I got it from said that they imported it from the UK. Problem is, I still haven'g got the gdr3 update, and when I check for it, I get the message that my phone is up to date. I haven't got the gdr2 either. Should I start worrying that there is something wrong with my phone, and how can I check????

thanks

920 definitely got a huge battery bump with this update.

My battery life is way better than it was previously.

It's some how managed to break my app updates again though :|

Tbh, except for the ability to close apps from the task switcher I really don't notice anything at all being different on my phone. I hope that there are more noticeable changes when Nokia releases the Lumia black update.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

hello, I have an unlocked (at least I believe it is unlocked and unbranded) htc8x... The store I got it from said that they imported it from the UK. Problem is, I still haven'g got the gdr3 update, and when I check for it, I get the message that my phone is up to date. I haven't got the gdr2 either. Should I start worrying that there is something wrong with my phone, and how can I check????

thanks

Hi, just to let you know you have to download the Windows Phone Update 3 preview for developers app from the store and install that first. Then it will prompt you to check for updates. This is a preview, not a final build, so it may have glitches and may void your warranty. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just to let you know you have to download the Windows Phone Update 3 preview for developers app from the store and install that first. Then it will prompt you to check for updates. This is a preview, not a final build, so it may have glitches and may void your warranty.

As far as I know, it is final build.

Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150

Microsoft Update 8.0.10521.155

Just got those updates on my unlocked L720 with GDR3.

I'm downloading an update now on my L822 (w/GDR3).  Wonder what the update is.

Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150

Microsoft Update 8.0.10521.155

Just got those updates on my unlocked L720 with GDR3.

Just got these on my locked AT&T 1020

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-phone-8-gdr3-preview-users-receiving-new-update-bumps-os-version-8010521155

Quote: "However, a Microsoft spokesperson told WinBeta today that these two updates are simply minor bug fixes."

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-update-rolling-out-phones-update-3

Quote: "For reference, the Lumia 1520 (running Update 3 out of the box) is already running Windows Phone OS version 8.0.10517.150."

I've been using the beta GDR3 for a while, had some weird issues which I hope got resolved. Other than that its a nice small improvement.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have the official Black update on my phone instead of the "beta" now, which is good because the last beta update cause my phone to reboot a lot. anyway the black update is awesome, battery time is massively improved, and I mean massively. 

I'm on the dev preview still, because the 521 hasn't gotten the updates yet. What are the version numbers (OS, firmware, etc) for those with Black and what is the application version of extras+info  (under more info at the bottom) for those with "Black"?

BTW, I have the folder app running even without Black.