Woman Hit By Two Trains While Running From Police

WOODS CROSS, Utah ? A woman was involved in a wreck with two trains Sunday morning, and Police said the 29-year-old woman was fleeing police when the accident occurred.

Officials said the woman walked away with only a broken arm, which seems like a miracle considering images of the vehicle.

The mangled Mercedes sat pinned under the train for several hours after the driver was rushed to the hospital.

Detective Adam Osoro of the Woods Cross Police Department described the accident.

?It just couldn?t stop in time,? he said of the woman?s vehicle. ?It was too close to the incident, didn?t have time to stop.?

At about 8:20 a.m., police responded to an unwanted guest  disturbance call  at 2300 South and Redwood Road. In other words, the suspect wouldn?t leave someone?s house.

?Our complainant gave a vehicle description of someone that was involved,? Osoro said. ?At that time, one of our patrolmen spotted the vehicle and attempted to stop it on Redwood Road.?

When the woman didn?t pull over for police, a brief chase began. Osoro said it was during the chase the woman and the trains collided.

?There was already a southbound train going across 2600 south, and she hit that train while it was crossing,?Osoro said. ?While officers were trying to get her out of her car, a second southbound train hit her vehicle.?

Despite the impacts, the woman suffered only a broken arm.

?The vehicle sustained heavy damage, so in this case she?s very lucky to still be with us,? Osoro said.

Witnesses involved said alcohol was present at the original location, but police haven?t confirmed whether the woman was intoxicated.

Police officials said she faces charges for evading arrest, and additional charges are being investigated.

source

video

post-37120-0-15258000-1381856092.jpg

Guess the cops should be fired & jailed for chasing her :whistle:

Actually, in the UK police officers have to justify the means used to chase a suspect and can be held accountable for incidents like this if the chase is determined to be unsafe.

Guess the cops should be fired & jailed for chasing her :whistle:

I usually support police but I don't think they were justified in chasing her.  Based on what the article is stating they were called to the original incident location because an unwanted guest (which we assume to be her) would not leave the house.  Based on the information we have nobody alleged that she committed a crime other than possibly trespassing.  So a patrol officer in the area finds her car driving aka already leaving the incident location.  Original problem solved no police action needed.

Now if the original caller had said she had an active warrant or commit a crime ok but based on what the article is saying they should have just said ok she left the house no further action needed.  Anytime a police officer has to "chase" somebody they need to ask themselves every time why am I chasing this person or trying to stop them and is it worth me hurting myself or someone else.  In this instance I just don't how the circumstances of the original call warrant chasing her after she refused to stop.  Get her tag let her go and get a warrant it's not that serious.

Damn, the second train punted her ass down the tracks like a football. Maybe that'll make her think twice about running from the cops again. At least she didn't hurt/kill a innocent person while being a idiot.

Actually, in the UK police officers have to justify the means used to chase a suspect and can be held accountable for incidents like this if the chase is determined to be unsafe.

My dad says they have to radio in and request permission to chase a suspect. 

Its a result of too many drunken teenagers wrapping their cars around a tree fleeing from Police, causing the parents to sue. 

Its a result of too many drunken teenagers wrapping their cars around a tree fleeing from Police, causing the parents to sue. 

And why is that the fault of the police? Oh yeah I remember now, it's the "everyone else is to blame not me or my actions" syndrome.

shame that when anything happens with police and its their fault they get away with it here in the UK....kick down a door...wrong house? not our problem you have to fix the door... use pepper spray on someone just because they are bigger...you were threatening....

Witnesses involved said alcohol was present at the original location, but police haven?t confirmed whether the woman was intoxicated.

I can guarantee you she was. She would never have survived without being so.