Windows 8.1 WiFi Connectivity problems

Hey i think this is the right answer.... after setting DNS Manually until now this is for me the best answer.

Also i have googled and it seems that there is in fact a big problema with some routers, because it seems that Microsoft introduced some big changes in the TCP/IP, but forgot that there are many out there that cant actually control this settings.

i have found another f?rum that explains better why this is happening, take a read...

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=45&topicid=129529

or here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-networking/webpage-cant-be-displayed/fcbe4d9e-4141-4266-92ab-30124950e27a?page=2&msgId=7e369522-b2d4-4ee8-b289-270c84606c86&rtAction=1382309967044

Edit... (With IE11 i could not add this link, had to put in IE10 mode!!!!)

But Many thanks Shad0w480 this saved me days of agony......

One of my friends told me that he solved the issue by changing the values of dns on the ipv4 options, he just added the DNS from his ISP and he told me that it works like a charm, i aint gonna try because i just rollback to win 8 before my friend told me that he found a fix, i told on the last post that i've changed the adapter and it worked but nope... 5 mins later the problem was back... maybe you guys should try and see whats going on

im having a similar issue with 8.1 and intel wireless. my connectivity never drops, but random websites automatically time out. If i search for <whatever> on Google, click the top link, it may or may not load. it's completely random. If i type something like www.espn.com into the URL bar, same thing - it wont load. Other sites, like Neowin, load just fine.

This does not happen with any other device on my home network and didnt happen when i was running the 8.1 Preview. The issue only popped up after upgrading.

i guess i can look for other drivers, but my laptop is pretty outdated at this point. i guess i can try the trick where i can manually put the DNS servers in the ipv4 properties.

anyone else have this issue?

I only have issues with wireless if I let Windows Update install the latest intel wireless drivers / manually install the latest intel wireless drivers as I have the accursed Centrino Advanced-N 6230.

If I use the RTM drivers, no issue.

Neowin has covered this quite a bit on the front page.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a valid fix but a workaround is to disable wireless n either in your ap or in the adapter properties. Set to b/g only.

This is the only option that works, I tried everything else :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same wlan problem after upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1.

I used regEdit to set EnableActiveProbing=1 in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

Now my wlan connects fast again as it was in Windows 8.

• 1 month later...

Just tried the latest Intel PROSet drivers for 8.1 x64 for the AC-7260. I'd paste the link but I'm still using IE :(.

Knock on wood, but it looks like Intel finally has this problem beat.

Bluetooth Driver version 3.1.1311  12/03/2013

Wifi Driver Version 16.6 11/14/2013

16.6.0 drive has a date of Oct. 14, the download file has a date of Nov. 13. Is this the same one you have? I have installed twice and still get "Limited".

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23389〈=eng&wapkw=ac+7260

This is an Asus UX302LA. I bought it two days ago and the network was fine with Win 8, and for a while after Win 8.1 update yesterday. But today I can't connect to the net and keep getting "Limited" connection to my network. I go into Device Manager and try all the drivers (Oct, Sep, and Aug dates), and none of them work.

I've googled and Youtubed and I'm still looking for a solution.

16.6.0 drive has a date of Oct. 14, the download file has a date of Nov. 13. Is this the same one you have? I have installed twice and still get "Limited".

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23389〈=eng&wapkw=ac+7260

This is an Asus UX302LA. I bought it two days ago and the network was fine with Win 8, and for a while after Win 8.1 update yesterday. But today I can't connect to the net and keep getting "Limited" connection to my network. I go into Device Manager and try all the drivers (Oct, Sep, and Aug dates), and none of them work.

I've googled and Youtubed and I'm still looking for a solution.

Really not sure. The wifi driver is actually 10/14/13 16.6.0.8.  Something has changed for sure. Curiously, with this driver, the Bluetooth driver won't load (USB Device Descriptor Request faile) and I don't care. The Wifi is stable and fast. I can pop in a Bluetooth adapter should I need it. Try disabling Bluetooth if you have the WiFi/BT module.

Well the party is over. First the BT went. Then the connectivity issues started again and finally the mini PCIE quit. I'm now thinking it was never a driver issue but faulty silicon.

I'm calling it quits on intel and ordered a Broadcom based Azurewave 802.11ac/BT mini pcie.