In Brazil, PlayStation 4 Will Cost Over $1,800

As already pointed out, if MS manufactures the One in Brazil, that is how they are able to get the cost significantly lower.

Also as already pointed out, this has nothing to do with Sony's greed as some have implied, and everything to do with what seems to be a very suspect government implementing taxes.

So that latter statement could also perhaps explain why the One is cheaper overall. Sounds like the government itself may very well take "political contributions" if you get what I am hinting at.

As already pointed out, if MS manufactures the One in Brazil, that is how they are able to get the cost significantly lower.

Also as already pointed out, this has nothing to do with Sony's greed as some have implied, and everything to do with what seems to be a very suspect government implementing taxes.

So that latter statement could also perhaps explain why the One is cheaper overall. Sounds like the government itself may very well take "political contributions" if you get what I am hinting at.

I just love government getting between me and my gaming!

Well we can thank all the wonderful governments around the world for making tech pricing like this so out of whack.

Its crazy how different it is.

Thankfully, both consoles can be imported for much less and they are region free, so no worries there.

Brazilian's can fly here to the USofA, take a mini vacation, still have $$$ PS4 fly back and the cost wouldn't be much of a difference...

Talk about Politics.... They are the worst criminals in history.

But is Sony manufacturing PS4s there?

I think the key is that MS will manufacture X1s there, while Sony currently is not doing that.

My point is more like: if MS is doing it to lower prices, why isn't Sony?

My point is more like: if MS is doing it to lower prices, why isn't Sony?

That I don't know.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow it would have cost Sony more to do that then to take the hit sales with the ps4 being so expensive. Maybe the manufacturing infrastructure needs some sort of upgrades to accommodate the new console.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the ps3 was manufactured there at first either.

That I don't know.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow it would have cost Sony more to do that then to take the hit sales with the ps4 being so expensive. Maybe the manufacturing infrastructure needs some sort of upgrades to accommodate the new console.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the ps3 was manufactured there at first either.

Neither were manufactured here at first. That is what annoyed me. Both had more or less the same evolution of sales strategy here. Meh... We can only hope they come to their senses.

Neither were manufactured here at first. That is what annoyed me. Both had more or less the same evolution of sales strategy here. Meh... We can only hope they come to their senses.

They will probably do that when the money gets right. Money talks, unfortunately.

Talk about Politics.... They are the worst criminals in history.

Who? Brazilians or Americans? Or politicians in general?

Most Politicians in general... I dont know about any other country outside of the USofA, outside of what I see on TV..  but here in the USofA, majority of them are the worse...

Who? Brazilians or Americans? Or politicians in general?

Sony is lying, maybe to get it to a still very lucrative after they start making PS4's in Brazil.

My friend in Brazils opinion. - http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75121&start=220

Breakdown, assuming the price of arrival would be the same of the retail price in the US (which it isn't):

Price of arrival: US$ 399. With a value of R$ 2,20 for U$1, the base value for the import taxes would be of R$ 877,80.

Taxes that would apply:

- IPI de 50% (R$ 438,90)

- IPI II of 20% (R$175,56)

- PIS of 1,65% (R$ 14,49)

- COFINS of 7,6% (R$ 66,72)

- ICMS of 19% for the state of Rio de Janeiro R$ 166,79

Total tax value: R$862,45. Final value for the importer: R$ 1740,25.

Even with the very large R$ 875 profit for both Sony Brazil and the reseller, the PS4 could be sold by "only? R$ 2.615,25. The difference of R$ 1.383,75, more than the manufacturing cost of the PS4, is what is called here ?profit Brasil?, a rebuttal for the "cost Brasil" alleged by some sellers.