Sign in to follow this  

Trying to replace uverse modem with router, need help

sathenzar    23

Ok so we all know uverse modems are terrible if you do anything other then browse the web. I want to be able to stream from my desktop the videos I have on it and a lot of times it is choppy unless it is a low def quality. So my work had a WD N900 on clearance for $6 I was like hey can't beat that. I set my uverse on a different subnet, put it to dmz mode on the router and hooked everything into the router.

I'm capped at about 15.6 KB/s for some reason on anything I do. Whether it be transferring wirelessly to my laptop from my desktop shared network folders via copy/paste, streaming netflix, or using various other downloading programs. None of them have ever exceeded 21.7 KB/s. Some of the programs that report the status say they are not being blocked by a firewall. But...then why is it not working correctly? Any thoughts?

xendrome    4,444

You are doing it wrong, call AT&T and have them put your uverse router into bridge mode and have them disable Wifi on it. Then it will act as a modem, undo your DMZ and subnet stuff.

sathenzar    23

Ok, I didn't think they would do that for me. I heard you had to put it into DMZ. But I will give that a try and report back to you.