Facebook chat annoyance. Sent but not seen.

+warwagon

So as you talk to someone on Facebook chat either via the Facebook messenger or the Facebook website, right below the message you sent it will say "Sent" then, if someone clicks on and looks at your message the sent will then get changed to "Seen"

What annoys me is when you are talking to someone maybe a few messages in and the last message you sent them just says "Sent" .... they never open it to look at it. Even at a time you now they aren't busy. I'm like really, weren't we just having a conversation?

Personally I use Facebook Messenger on my phone so it's hard to miss a message. In fact my phone even talks to me via lightwflow and a customer notification I recorded (I've included it as an attachment at the bottom of the page) that says "Facebook chat message" lol. So i'm probably better than most for looking at new messages.

Does this annoy anyone else or am I the only one?

facebook chat message.mp3

Geoffrey B.

perhaps they just dont want to talk anymore, i never use the official Facebook apps / website, to chat so i didn't even know it showed that. i either use Digsby on the computer, or its integrated into the message app on my phone (Windows Phone 8 GDR3)

+warwagon

perhaps they just dont want to talk anymore, i never use the official Facebook apps / website, to chat so i didn't even know it showed that. i either use Digsby on the computer, or its integrated into the message app on my phone (Windows Phone 8 GDR3)

Regardless whether or not I wanted to talk to someone anymore i'd still look at the last message they sent me.

Bi4me

It doesn't really affect me. I know most of my friends use FB on their phones so they log in when they're bored or waiting for someone else; can't really expect them to be available.

What makes me rage however is when I talk to someone, he's on his computer, I ask him a question displayed as "seen" and then the guy decides our convo is over.

night_stalker_z

Maybe they looked at the message on their lock screen, notification bar or widget so Facebook wouldn't know that they read it.

It's a lot quicker than opening the app.

+warwagon

Maybe they looked at the message on their lock screen, notification bar or widget so Facebook wouldn't know that they read it.

It's a lot quicker than opening the app.

Good Point.