Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpyCatcher

FaceTime

10 posts in this topic

Considering buying my first android may I ask which program is android's equivalent to facetime and is the app available on iOS?

Thank you for your time,

I've not bothered checking really. I installed Skype on the phone and use that as it's cross-platform.

Basically Skype.  Most manufacturers implement their own video calling solution but I've NEVER got any to work.

I've not bothered checking really. I installed Skype on the phone and use that as it's cross-platform.

Yup.  Skype is the video app that works across multiple platforms.

Hello,

I havent heard much from Facetime's usage. I wasnt even sure it was dropped from iOS....

FaceTime on iOS still works and recently gained audio-only calls.

On Android, I think the closest thing is Skype right now. But I wouldn't put it past Google to integrate Google Hangouts more prominently into future Android versions.

1 person likes this

The closest thing to Facetime is Google Hangouts and yes it's on the app store too for iOS devices.

FaceTime Video / Audio still runs on iOS and I believe the Audio version also runs on OS X Mavericks. I'm trying out Google Hangouts on iOS since I have a Google Voice number. So, I think when 4.4 comes out, it's gonna be worthwhile for you and your buddies who'll take advantage of Google+.

although there are many apps that do what facetime does, you will NEVER find one as good. Even though apple was a late to the game with facetime, it is DRASTICALLY a better experience. Cleaner, clearer and crisper in ever way for both audio and video. I have used dozens of different phones from nexuses' to Notes 2's, s3', iphone 4, 5 etc and also tried the various apps like hangouts, skype, facetime, etc. in each and every case FACETIME was easily the best by far. 

1 person likes this