Dad mimics 6-year-old's temper tantrum

?Daaaad! Listen to me!!!!!!!!!?

But after listening to his 6-year-old daughter rage for over an hour, dad decided to mix it up by lip-syncing his daughter?s screams. Hey, if you can?t beat ?em, join ?em.

Mom Kathy Sterner captured the sound of their child?s high-pitched squeals and her husband Keiron?s reaction on video.

The moment goes from hysterical to hysterically funny.

?My 6-year-old daughter had been in her room wigging out for about an hour, and there was no talking her down,? the video description from Sterner explains. The daughter had been told she could not have McDonald's for dinner, which prompted the meltdown, Sterner told Yahoo News in an email.

?I was getting fed up, so my husband decided to lighten the mood.?

The father, who has been listening to his daughter yell in the next room for a while, times his Charlie Chaplinesque frowns and wide-open jaw to mimic her fit.

?She'd been screaming the same thing over and over for an hour, so it wasn't hard to anticipate what was coming next, and we could hear her take a breath when she was about to start? up again,? Sterner notes in the comments.

?The ?Stop laughing at me!? was a new and unexpected twist, and he went with it,? Sterner explained. She added about her husband, ?He's a pretty good actor, and was big into improv when he was younger.?

more & video

post-37120-0-47899900-1382383280.jpg

Actually it was an attempt to get the kid to realize just how much of a whiner she sounds by hearing it out from someone else.  Sometimes it works.

Actually it was an attempt to get the kid to realize just how much of a whiner she sounds by hearing it out from someone else.  Sometimes it works.

By uploading this video one the web ? yeah right ... The dad is a brat. The kid is one too.

Another case of parents acting like kids.

When the parents are not more mature than the kids the result is predictable and never good.

By uploading this video one the web ? yeah right ... The dad is a brat. The kid is one too.

God forbid anyone act like a kid every once in a while  :rolleyes:

What are you, a pet rock?

I wasn't referring to the upload.  I was referring to the example he was trying to make.

As a parent of three girls and having experienced my fair share of temper tantrums (and still experiencing them with a five and two year old), that was great!

Anyone who says the dad is acting immature doesn't have children above the age of 2 years old and if they do I feel sorry for their kids. I have a 3 and a half year old son who is Autistic and this happens a lot with us. It gets to the point where I'm doing it and he isn't even mad anymore, but keeps it going because he finds it hilarious. Sometimes he'll throw a fake tantrum to get me going and I fall for it each time.

Honestly, if you have a child above 2 years old and have never done this you're lying or suck as a parent.

I wasn't referring to the upload.  I was referring to the example he was trying to make.

Oh! i was actually referring to the upload and recording of the video not the example he's trying to make. This said the wife might have actually uploaded the video.

I don't think the internet is the right tool to discipline your kid. But looks like i'm the only one to think that. Family affair is private as far as i'm concerned.

And you have never once imitated a child throwing a tantrum as they are doing it? If you haven't then you didn't do much parenting or you one of those strict, no-fun-at-all parents?

Honestly I really don't care. Any true parent has done this at least once with their child. If not, then I really do feel sorry for their kids. God forbid some parents try to lighten up the mood during a tantrum. I'm waiting for whatever child protection group to call this abuse. That's how pathetic the human race is in today's world.

Another case of parents acting like kids.

When the parents are not more mature than the kids the result is predictable and never good.

i am willing to bet this guy is a great dad... sometimes kids act up, sometimes it takes different approachs to teach kids right from wrong... sometimes its a smack, sometimes its a time out, sometimes its a take away, and sometimes its by teaching them (by showing what they look like by example - both good and bad).

Oh! i was actually referring to the upload and recording of the video not the example he's trying to make. This said the wife might have actually uploaded the video.

I don't think the internet is the right tool to discipline your kid. But looks like i'm the only one to think that. Family affair is private as far as i'm concerned.

I'll agree on that front.  However doing it privately is ok as long as you don't take it too far.  On that note I saw a picture where a father wore "short shorts" just to show his daughter how it looked and she got her act together.  A picture was posted on the internet.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20734380,00.html

http://m-yley.tumblr.com/post/59457460740/my-mom-told-me-to-change-my-slutty-shorts-before

http://dadshortshorts.com/2013/09/the-real-story-behind-the-short-shorts/

In this case though the daughter was the one that posted the pic that we tend to see.