Ben Kingsley Working On Secret Marvel Project

c8w7V1N.png

"It's a secret Marvel project. I'm not allowed to say any more, you're going to have to wait and see," said Sir Ben Kingsley when asked about working with Marvel Studios again. This statement comes from the veteran actor's recent promotional tour for Ender's Game. Kingsley refused to say whether that project is a return for his character from Iron Man 3 but that seems the likeliest option at this juncture.

On working with Marvel as a whole, Kingsley has nothing but praise for the film studio. "I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There's nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they're great company to keep."

Kevin Feige was also asked but Ben's secret project but decline to comment.

Source Article

Please, please, please let it be that he wasn't what he turned out to be in the film and that it was elaborate triple bluff!
(sorry for the tortured sentence - can't figure out how to do spoiler tags!)

I went to a midnight showing of IM3 - I was still ranting 24 hours later!!

What happened to his character in Iron Man 3? While it was better than IM2, I still seem to be having a hard time remembering the plot.

Kingsley was an actor pretending to be a terrorist to hide Guy Pierce's true identity or something, but what actually happened to the character? I assume from this news that he survived somehow?

I was so looking forward to it, but just ended up loathing it - maybe I was sabotaged by my high expectations.  I've tried watching it a few times to see if it was just a case of being too different from what I wanted - it took me several goes to like Blade 2, Hellboy 2 (damn you Guillermo!) and Fifth Element but I eventually loved these.  Won't be happening with IM2.

I think the main problems for me were that:

• Extremis was a pale shadow of the comics
  • It was desperately trying to be cool and meta, but ended up awkward (all the stuff with Happy going Pulp Fiction style etc)
  • Iron Patriot shoe-horned in for no apparent reason (yes it looked cool, but what made it cool in the comics was that it was Norman Osborne underneath - not just a respray)
  • Ben Kingsley knocked it out of the park until the unpleasantness.

Having said that I've met loads of people who loved it, so y'know YMMV ;)

What happened to his character in Iron Man 3? While it was better than IM2, I still seem to be having a hard time remembering the plot.

Kingsley was an actor pretending to be a terrorist to hide Guy Pierce's true identity or something, but what actually happened to the character? I assume from this news that he survived somehow?

Jail?

Details revealed of project!

According to sources, Marvel wants to make it up to fans so in the one shot, the REAL Mandarin is furious with Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley?s character Trevor Slattery for the mockery they made of the real Mandarin?s identity and legacy. The real Mandarin wants to set the record straight. 

Yes, the REAL Mandarin. 

How is he going to set the record straight? That I don?t know. Who is going to play the real Mandarin? Don?t know either. Wait and see.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89219