Call of Duty: Ghosts And Titanfall To Run At 720p On Xbox One?

I love how Audioboxer tries his best to put down the xbox. I also love how people take Neogaf seriously. That place is a cesspool that defines everything that is bad about the internet.

And you should feel bad Audioboxer.

• Like 3

So more speculation. 

I feel sorry for you man. You spend so much time desperately trying to prove to everyone that you're in the right camp in the console war, yet you look like a fool, when you use NeoGaf as a valid source for anything whatsoever.

• Like 2

Um, there is a 'real' response. Just look back in the thread at the OXM UK interview that was posted yesterday. The dev confirmed that it was still running at 1080p/60 as it was back in June.

So either he is lying, or the rumors aren't true.

I'm not sure how much more real a response needs to be.

I prefer to here some more confirmation other than an interview from June. That seems so odd why? It does not matter what it is in life, video games, a breaking news story, a movie review, I prefer at least two confirmed sources or opinions or whatever it may be. At least two. This is so odd why? I should change my own personal preference on any information just because it is related to the XBox One? Is that it?

Never-mind the fact why is it so odd to believe they planned on one thing and then realized they could not pull it off later down the road. That's right I forgot, targets never change in the video game world. Ryse was always touted as being 900p and not 1080p. DriveClub was always meant to be released next year and not been a launch title. Same with Watch Dogs. It is not like things change in the development cycle of games, especially not when we are talking about a launch game on a new console. No, no. Nothing could ever change over the course of a couple of months. Silly me for even thinking that.

So yeah sorry, a interview that was done back in June combined with the fact that not a single response has been made by anyone since this rumor has started, when they specifically have people like Major Nelson and Panello whose job it is to handle things like this, does not confirm to me something has not changed since June.

If I wound up being proven wrong so be it, I truly do hope I am proven wrong, but I do personally prefer more information than that, especially since there seems to be a lack of information since then.

I can't believe this thread is still going.

For tv's, 720p is perfectly fine, especially if they're scaling, windowing or doing other algorithmic processing to enhance the detail of focus points or increase scene vitality and whatnot.  Unless you *NEED* more absolute pixels most people won't see the difference of 720p vs 1080p

Also,retail tv's are largely crap still, many consumer tvs simply process 1080p but don't have the pixel density for 1:1 display of 1080p. and if they do have the pixel density they often ship with quirky upscalers/downscalers/filters/processes that mess things up.

I know a ton of people running their consoles on a 1080p/24 cinema mode, which means your TV is dropping frames or re-processing/filtering and after schooling them to use a raw input they then complain about soft colors and detail because their tv has been messing with colors for so long they got used to "HDR" coloring on everything. (but at least they can read text now..)

lastly, i'm amazed at how many people still PC game at resolutions of less than 1080p and don't even know it..

BUT, with all that said, its launch time, some games will blow our mind, some will fall flat on their face and not meet expectations. play a launch 360 title today and most of them are cringe worthy, same with ps3 launch titles.

So because some people do not know the difference between the two resolutions it does not matter. Never-mind those of us who can. It is not like there are people out there who take the time to calibrate their TV or even hire someone professionally to do the calibration, nah, that just does not happen.

I can absolutely promise you if you show me the same game at either 720p upscaled to 1080p or 1080p native, does not even have to be side by side, just one then the other, I can point out the 1080p native version 95% of the time. But since not everyone can or even knows about resolution it really does not matter. Got it. 

I ABSOLUTELY hope I am proven wrong and this was nothing but a stupid rumor. That is the thing you sympathizers seem to just not get or completely like to overlook because it makes you feel better about yourselves. I really, truly do hope it winds up not being the case. That an 8 year old game engine does in fact not have any issues running at native 1080p on next gen consoles. Sincerely and truly, I hope that is absolute shown not to be the case, as just typing that out right now seemed ludicrous. In the meantime though, I see no reason why it should not be discussed, especially since it still has not been confirmed one way or the other since this rumor gained traction other than a website, a pro-MS one at that, decided to run an interview from June to dispute the rumor. 

• Like 1

So because some people do not know the difference between the two resolutions it does not matter. Never-mind those of us who can. It is not like there are people out there who take the time to calibrate their TV or even hire someone professionally to do the calibration, nah, that just does not happen.

I can absolutely promise you if you show me the same game at either 720p upscaled to 1080p or 1080p native, does not even have to be side by side, just one then the other, I can point out the 1080p native version 95% of the time. But since not everyone can or even knows about resolution it really does not matter. Got it. 

I bet you that sitting at the recommended viewing distance you wouldn't be able to notice crap difference between 1080p and 720p on next gen games "done right".. as i said, there will be developers who just have no clue and guess what, those developers could make a 1080p game look like garbage too - which is sort of the point that the pixel density isn't the objective here, but rather how one uses those pixels.

I have people all the time admiring my projector setup and saying it looks better than their 1080p tv by my projector runs at a native resolution of 1366x760 and you know what, not a single person ever has come over and said "you need 1080p, i can tell the difference"

with all this bickering, i don't buy the rumor but at the same time, if the games aren't 1080p/60 at launch, it won't ruin my purchase decision either.. There are lots of other reasons to go next gen besides a graphics spec.

Forza 5 :1080P/60FPS

NBA 2K14: 1080P/60FPS

UFC: 1080P/30FPS for both consoles

The xbox one is more than capable to run native 1080P you have two multiplatform games that can run it, and they have graphics MUCH better than COD seriously, I dont see why Infinity Ward cant get 1080P when 3 games so far on xbox one can run it, and COD is still running on a weak engine so yea.

It has been 8 years since the Xbox 360 and PS3 released and your HD TV that hasn't went beyond 720p let alone 1080p in many years. Have some expectations! Don't just roll over and think, yeah 720p should be fine. Demand more, these are expensive new consoles. Xbox 360 and PS3 can do 720p with nice graphics, just think about that. Frankly embarassing if these new consoles can't improve on that with cross gen titles. What happens when they really start pushing the new games, are you going to be happy with 640p and more effects with no AA and screen tearing. Enjoy that.

• Like 5

8 pages in and unless I've skipped it there still doesn't seem to have been any fact put out there?

Let's be fair, there seems to have been plenty rumours on both PS/MS side of things, it's got to the point now where there are so many rumours unless I see something based on facts or an official source I don't see the point in bothering.

When these XB1 threads started about how its lacking in performance compared to PS4 and this came is 900p and it can't manage native 1080 etc at first I didn't really care. In all honesty I would be quite happy if the XB1 and PS4 didn't exist at all, I am more than happy with the current gen and I certain games look and play beautifully. However as time has gone on i have started to question, especially when you look at the specs of both the XB360 and PS3 - why these rumours could exist at all!?

I mean seriously, the current gen should be blowing chunks out of last gen in comparison even if it is based on the fact that its predecessors are knocking on for a decade in age. I am completely with people who says launch titles will never be as good looking etc as games 2-3 years down the line, 100% percent behind you on that theory. However we are talking hardware that is easily 4 times as powerful - If the PS3 and XB360 were getting close to 60fps at 1080p then this should be easy shouldn't it?

In all honesty, I don't think I would notice 720 vs 900 vs 1080 upscaled or native but as Dirty Larry has pointed out, is that an excuse? If I am paying ?400+ for a console I expect it to blow the last one away and the closer it gets the more I worry about what they are actually going to be able to achieve at launch and just how underwhelming it seems.

I prefer to here some more confirmation other than an interview from June. That seems so odd why? It does not matter what it is in life, video games, a breaking news story, a movie review, I prefer at least two confirmed sources or opinions or whatever it may be. At least two. This is so odd why? I should change my own personal preference on any information just because it is related to the XBox One? Is that it?

Um, the article is not from June, its from a couple days ago. The developer states that the build is STILL running at 1080p/60, just like it was back in June. I was not trying to claim that we should trust info from June or that things could not change between then and now.

I'm, not sure why you want to jump all over me and assume its some crazy point.

Now if it turns out that the article is incorrect or misleading, then we should know soon enough. I just thought it was a meaningful piece of evidence that it might not be running at 720p.

This has nothing to do with defending anything.

You know something that people dont seem to take into account is the fact we are talking about TVs and being in a living room or bedroom sitting away from the screen.  For example if you have a 50"+ TV and were closer than like 8' then yeah you would notice the difference from 720 to 1080 at least if you view a lot of 1080p content.   Smaller tvs would require you be even closer. Which right now the average in america i think was barely 40".  Being a home builder I can tell you the average person sits 10-14' From there TVs in the living room.  In the bedroom would be close but the average TV size for a bedroom is less than 30" which is only like 5' Away to tell the difference and that is in the minimum range of kinect as well.

Having said all that I sit like 4 foot away when im playing games lol  accept for kinect since that requires to be further back to work good.   Its easy to be spoiled for PC gamers who sit 1-2' from the screen and can see the difference in every resolution easy and assume they need that for a tv.

• Like 1

I bet you that sitting at the recommended viewing distance you wouldn't be able to notice crap difference between 1080p and 720p on next gen games "done right".. as i said, there will be developers who just have no clue and guess what, those developers could make a 1080p game look like garbage too - which is sort of the point that the pixel density isn't the objective here, but rather how one uses those pixels.

I have people all the time admiring my projector setup and saying it looks better than their 1080p tv by my projector runs at a native resolution of 1366x760 and you know what, not a single person ever has come over and said "you need 1080p, i can tell the difference"

with all this bickering, i don't buy the rumor but at the same time, if the games aren't 1080p/60 at launch, it won't ruin my purchase decision either.. There are lots of other reasons to go next gen besides a graphics spec.

That is because you are playing 720p content at 720p. If this rumor is true, many people will notice 720p upscaled on a 1080p screen.

I am not that of a videophile and I can tell the difference right away.

Even if CoD turns out to be downscaled,that's not going to be a big dent in XBO's armor because the game looks bad at 1080p on PS4.

Fun fact: One of the "sources" for this rumor on NeoGAF was banned for failing to produce sources. It might be a temp. ban but kind of puts things in perspective.

That is because you are playing 720p content at 720p. If this rumor is true, many people will notice 720p upscaled on a 1080p screen.

I am not that of a videophile and I can tell the difference right away.

Even if CoD turns out to be downscaled,that's not going to be a big dent in XBO's armor because the game looks bad at 1080p on PS4.

Fun fact: One of the "sources" for this rumor on NeoGAF was banned for failing to produce sources. It might be a temp. ban but kind of puts things in perspective.

See what Houtei said, it really depends on your tv, viewing distance and viewing angle.

Those people with huge tvs will demand 1080p content but even if you're not in optimal viewing distance 1080p content can look pixelated on a 50+ inch screen as well... i see it all the time on the 80" monsters at Fry's where the viewing chair is 4 feet away when it should be about 18 feet away

also, aren't consoles designed around hardware scaling and now with higher texture memory and fill rates the texture resolutions should have fidelity enough to scale up without much if any scaling issues at all

i haven't followed anything about neogaf at all.. i avoid that forum at all costs.. i feel dumber anytime i follow a link there... i mean, if memory serves me correct the leaked info paraphrased something like.

"teh xbone d0sent runn 1080p it teh sux ps4 4l1f3"

Erik Kain says many people know the resolution of the xbone version but are under embargo from Microsoft not activision

That's weird, considering the OXM interview where the resolution was clearly stating by someone who would know it :rolleyes:

But you know, lets ignore legitimate sources and facts so we can troll a forum.

• Like 2

That's weird, considering the OXM interview where the resolution was clearly stating by someone who would know it :rolleyes:

But you know, lets ignore legitimate sources and facts so we can troll a forum.

Someone who works at forbes is a good enough source for me to at least post. The MS Neowin GH members really need to learn the meaning of the word troll.

• Like 1

Purposely posting every negative news you come over

Supposedly missed ANY positive news because you where busy and have a life...

Any news you think you can twist negatively you will post and twist.

Never posting any negative PS news, again, missed them because you where busy and have a life...

Making separate topics for every purportedly negative XB news or positive PS news, despite there being topics they fit perfectly in.

Inciting flamewars and troll baiting.

Oh no, we know a troll when we see one. Not saying you are ken, but if you feel the shoe fits...

• Like 3

Purposely posting every negative news you come over

Supposedly missed ANY positive news because you where busy and have a life...

Any news you think you can twist negatively you will post and twist.

Never posting any negative PS news, again, missed them because you where busy and have a life...

Making separate topics for every purportedly negative XB news or positive PS news, despite there being topics they fit perfectly in.

Inciting flamewars and troll baiting.

Oh no, we know a troll when we see one. Not saying you are ken, but if you feel the shoe fits...

Have you ever considered a career in troll detection?

• Like 1

Someone who works at forbes is a good enough source for me to at least post. The MS Neowin GH members really need to learn the meaning of the word troll.

Forbes?.. they are usually hit or miss when it comes to information.  we understand that you are PRO Sony, and are happy to see them back on their AAA game. 

I'm happy to see Sony on top of things too, considering a PS4 will be part of the family on the coming months.

If Ghost, doesn't run at 1080/60, will that be the end of the world?... nope it won't.  because if there are going to be other games that do run at 1080/60 on the One, especially a shooter, then Activision can kiss all that $$$ Microsoft has been giving them to have first dibs on all content will be gone.  why give Activision any more loot if they can't provide the goods. 

If the PS4 does do 1080/60 then good for them.  last I checked, o don't think anyone is buying a next gen console for 1single game...

720p is something that that was when the Xbox 360 and the PS3 was launched back in 2005 & 2006. All games on both the Xbox One and PS4 should be running at full 1080P natively, because it would be very strange for them not to be especially with the amount of power they both have. I say this rumor that Call of Duty Ghosts running at 720p on the Xbox One is completely false.

I am not a Xbox fan, but I know the Xbox One is obviously capable of handling the Call of Duty Ghosts game at 1080p and better yet probably 4K resolution also thus making this rumor completely false. Why would a big title game come out in 720p resolution on a next gen console, that's just silly and really makes no sense.

I am not a Xbox fan, but I know the Xbox One is obviously capable of handling the Call of Duty Ghosts game at 1080p and better yet probably 4K resolution also thus making this rumor completely false. Why would a big title game come out in 720p resolution on a next gen console, that's just silly and really makes no sense.

They did say no games will be 4k at launch, IIRC.  4k is for videos only.

and yet Ryse is not at 1080p....

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why would a next gen console not be able to run games at 1080p? It's been the standard for how long?  4k is here and they should be shooting for that with next gen hardware.  If there is even a question of what resolution it's running at then Microsoft's PR has already failed completely...but that is nothing new is it?