Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingCracker

Feds Say Possession of

93 posts in this topic

Numerous policy decisions that are negatively affecting our nation economically, in international affairs, in terms of freedoms and in terms of evading the Separation of Powers by executive fiat.

Previously I thought it was amateur night, but that would be true if these were done out of inexperience or na?vet?. I now believe many of these are by intent.

What does former President George W. Bush have to do with this thread?  Can't folks just let the man alone.

There's a weapons horde in military bases joke in here somewhere......

What does former President George W. Bush have to do with this thread? Can't folks just let the man alone.

Obama made much of it worse, especially the 2009 expansion of the patriot acts wiretap provisions. See NSA.

1 person likes this

I think the real terrorists prefer explosives to guns and ammunition.

To me, stockpiling large amounts of weapons is typical of some street gang activity, gangs related to illicit drug distribution, and semi-militarized neonazi or anarchist  groups.

1 person likes this

I haven't read all of the replies to this topic yet because I noticed it was 5 or 6 pages, and it was probably mostly filled with FlintyV telling us about how we're all evil baby killers.

At the end of the day though, I can kind of see the point in this notice.  It doesn't sound like they're explicitly telling them to go arrest people who have a lot of guns, since they're not specifying, they're probably just trying to get police to look for things that are out of the ordinary.  I saw a picture a day or two ago where Mexican police caught 3 guys, and they took a picture of a table absolutely full of everything from incomplete AR-15 builds (No stocks, barrels that would have been way too short to be legal in the U.S., etc.) up to RPKs, an RPG or two, and enough ammo to start a war with.  That's what they're looking for, not the guy down the street who has a handful of rifles he uses for hunting, home defense or competitions.  If you're a weapons collector and have a dozen different types of old muskets, flintlock pistols, an M1 Garand, an AR-15, etc., I'm pretty sure the authorities are going to know the difference between something like that, and one guy who has 50 AK-47s, AR-15s, or SAIGA shotguns, and cans and cans of ammunition.  I've got an AR-15, a bolt action 30-06, a shotgun, a handgun and a BB gun, and about a thousand rounds of ammunition at any given time in my gun safe if you count all the different calibers together.  I don't think they're talking about guys like me and you.  It sounds like they're just re-enforcing already existing policies to keep your eyes open for anything strange.  If Billy Bob down the corner just starts buying bulk orders of ammo out of the blue, or if he goes from one or two gun purchases a year to 10 or 20, then it may be something to pay a little extra attention to.  I'm as pro-gun as anybody, but I don't think we should be telling our police that it's discrimination to look out for patterns or suspicious behavior.  It doesn't violate any constitutional rights for a police officer to make an observation, they just need to be careful and make sure they don't raid somebody's house for no reason.

I do think they need to "specify" though, because history has proven that if you don't specify, the one ###### cop out of the whole town will go around arresting people because he thinks having a 420 round case of 5.56mm rounds is "suspicious".  Police need to have clear guidelines, because without them, mistakes get made, people get killed.  Cops are people just like anybody else, and their primary concern is the general safety of the people they serve.  If they have incomplete information or vague orders, and they get into a sticky situation, they might make the wrong decision in an attempt to protect themselves and get themselves or somebody else in serious trouble or killed.

At the end of the day, I'm all for stock-piling and preparing for emergencies, from the power going out for a day all the way up to civil war, and everything in between.  If you've got a lot of guns and ammo, it would be a good idea to be on a first name basis with the cops.  If you've got tons of guns and ammo, and the cops come over because they thought something was suspicious, and you instantly get all defensive, you are not going to come out on top.  But if the cop that comes over is your friend Billy Joe who you took out to the range a while back, you're a lot less likely to get caught up in the political nonsense.  Part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing the law and working within it, or working to abolish a law if you believe it is unconstitutional.  Be friendly and respectful to your local cops so they know who you are, so that if they see you walking to your car with a rifle, you won't be that "crazy lookin' guy who always has a gun", you'll be Joe down the street.

Sorry for going on for so long, :P

It's not so much the info but how it's going to be used. I wouldn't trust this administration with my sons school lunch schedule.

1 person likes this

the red necks are screwed then

I haven't read all of the replies to this topic yet because I noticed it was 5 or 6 pages, and it was probably mostly filled with FlintyV telling us about how we're all evil baby killers.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I never said anything of the sort.  

A stupid way for you to start a post if you're trying to make a constructive comment. I thought you were better than that, Gerowen. 

Previously I thought it was amateur night, but that would be true if these were done out of inexperience or na?vet?. I now believe many of these are by intent.

Yep. I believe they are seriously intent on taking our freedoms, one small piece at a time.

1 person likes this

Just who are these people whose intent is to limit our freedoms?  Who are the masterminds behind this grand conspiracy.   Name names and reasons to strip us of our liberties.  Come on be specific with your claims.   What is the end game?  These are valid questions in response to the claims being made by some.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1 person likes this

Well I like photography so I better not get a bunch of guns or I'll be setting off red flags everywhere. I like the paranoia in the photography bulletin:

(U//FOUO) The following activities are consistent with suspicious photography. Although a single indicator may not be suspicious, one or more in combination may signify suspicious activity:

- (U//FOUO) Photography or videography focused on security features, including cameras, security personnel, gates, and barriers.

- (U//FOUO) Repeated visits by the same individual(s) taking photographs or video of vulnerable features, or security features of critical infrastructure.

- (U//FOUO) Individuals encountered with photographs of critical infrastructure, iconic buildings, or other sites not of tourist interest

So now I can be labeled a terrorist because I take pictures? Guess I better return that 55-300mm lens I ordered this week. 

Just who are these people whose intent is to limit our freedoms?  Who are the masterminds behind this grand conspiracy.   Name names and reasons to strip us of our liberties.  Come on be specific with your claims.   What is the end game?  These are valid questions in response to the claims being made by some.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It always frustrates me when people want specific, tangible examples to justify skepticism in what is a conceptual arguement. Sometimes you need to put down your analytics and be more philosophical when you're discussing what freedom even means.

It always frustrates me when people want specific, tangible examples to justify skepticism in what is a conceptual arguement. Sometimes you need to put down your analytics and be more philosophical when you're discussing what freedom even means.

And I get equally frustrated by these kind of responses that would rather dodge providing any answers and instead try to obfuscate the issue being discussed.

Sounds like an excuse to further an agenda without presenting facts.

All this talk about taking guns and banning this and that. It really pushes people who would not normally own or even think of purchasing one to run out and buy what they can while they can. 

The number of daily background checks run is just insane. That does not include people buying ammo, parts and accessories, those do not need a background check.

And I get equally frustrated by these kind of responses that would rather dodge providing any answers and instead try to obfuscate the issue being discussed.

Sounds like an excuse to further an agenda without presenting facts.

The specific examples you think offer proof actually take away from the scalability of the concept of freedom and what keeps us more free instead of less. If you want to stay stuck in a state of analysis paralysis, be my guest, but I will think about these topics in a way that is simple and scalable so that it makes sense at every level of society.

There are too many small sets of examples of freedom being compromised. It's all around and yet you want specific examples legitimizing the skeptics in each case. Innocence isn't inherent unless it's passed onto us from something higher than Man and each time it's encroached upon, it's brought closer to being a gift from another Man.

The specific examples you think offer proof actually take away from the scalability of the concept of freedom and what keeps us more free instead of less. If you want to stay stuck in a state of analysis paralysis, be my guest, but I will think about these topics in a way that is simple and scalable so that it makes sense at every level of society.

There are too many small sets of examples of freedom being compromised. It's all around and yet you want specific examples legitimizing the skeptics in each case. Innocence isn't inherent unless it's passed onto us from something higher than Man and each time it's encroached upon, it's brought closer to being a gift from another Man.

Over analyzing appears to be your intent, I was specifically questioning the responses prior to mine.  Using extreme intellectualizing is also a tactic to avoid simply answering a question. 

So sorry that happened to you mate! I hope you are doing better!!!!

But still your way of thinking is that of the people who believe that everyone will be a terrorist because they have a fork in the plane or a nail clipper. I own several handguns and have a right to carry permit.. Does that make me a terrorist too?

That was a long time ago so, yeah ;)

I'm not reading this the same way you are.  I am reading it as a common sense bulletin:  If someone is doing something illegal or questionably legal, and they have a cache of weapons...then they might be a terrorist.