Super Mario 3d World - 6 min gamplay

This seems to be what happens when you go to play a level that uses gamepad features while not using it.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet
Interesting. I'm a fan of using the gamepad anyway. Esp for the off tv use, I feel like the pro controller would be overkill for a Mario game

It may not be a big thing, but i kinda like how the title screen changes between several different scenes with mario and crew every time you see it.

Here's 2 of them in screenshot form:

oRdEULC.jpg

kEraTvN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give this thread 1 more shot.  Been playing a few hours of Mario World (I think Im on level 4) and this game is as good as gets for Mario.  Really fun level designs, more than enough new powerups (the multiplier being my favorite) and then just classic mario.  I saw you can unlock the original Mario Bros game as well which is a nice treat. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to give this thread 1 more shot.  Been playing a few hours of Mario World (I think Im on level 4) and this game is as good as gets for Mario.  Really fun level designs, more than enough new powerups (the multiplier being my favorite) and then just classic mario.  I saw you can unlock the original Mario Bros game as well which is a nice treat. 

Yea, you can unlock a luigi version of the original mario bros if you have a NSLU save. Not sure how you go about getting it without that.

• 3 weeks later...

Game is/was fun, not something I'll play forever after finishing the last castle to collect everything but it was entertaining, even if it has no story :p but it's Mario so.

Still sometimes the control annoyed the hell out of me as the 3d makes it hard to know where you are sometimes when jumping. But I really disliked how they kept forcing you to use the controller gimmick, blow on the controller. Click on the controller to move out the platforms, bah, annoying I say. Even when I was playing on just the controller it's annoying since I have to completely change grip, and it's not very comfortable holding in one hand, even with huge hands.

Game is/was fun, not something I'll play forever after finishing the last castle to collect everything but it was entertaining, even if it has no story :p but it's Mario so.

Still sometimes the control annoyed the hell out of me as the 3d makes it hard to know where you are sometimes when jumping. But I really disliked how they kept forcing you to use the controller gimmick, blow on the controller. Click on the controller to move out the platforms, bah, annoying I say. Even when I was playing on just the controller it's annoying since I have to completely change grip, and it's not very comfortable holding in one hand, even with huge hands.

You're not actually done after beating bowser in world bowser. There's the extra worlds which do require some collecting to fully unlock.

Also, they didn't use the gamepad that much.

Hello,Personally, Mario games without Yoshi are a shame :(

There's that to :(. No Yoshi... Instead some annoying big inflatable dragon.

You're not actually done after beating bowser in world bowser. There's the extra worlds which do require some collecting to fully unlock.

Also, they didn't use the gamepad that much.

I beat the boss and saved all the fairy things. I beat the game. Collecting crap and unlocking secret worlds is extras for OCD completionists. I might do a few levels I haven't finished yet when I'm bored or collect some stars when I'm done with that. But it's not something I have to do or have the energy to do, just something to do when bored, and only because I can play it on the pad while something else is on the screen.

I beat the boss and saved all the fairy things. I beat the game. Collecting crap and unlocking secret worlds is extras for OCD completionists. I might do a few levels I haven't finished yet when I'm bored or collect some stars when I'm done with that. But it's not something I have to do or have the energy to do, just something to do when bored, and only because I can play it on the pad while something else is on the screen.

I don't think i'd call additional post game content stuff only for "ocd completionists". Achievements like you have on the other consoles, yes that'd be for completionists, but not actual gameplay like you have here.

the stamps and stars are still merely an incentive to get you to replay the same levels again. basically same thing as achievements. as for levels that require you to have all the hidden stuff,, personally I find it kind of annoying. like having to go back to get enough stars to get into the final castle. 

the stamps and stars are still merely an incentive to get you to replay the same levels again. basically same thing as achievements. as for levels that require you to have all the hidden stuff,, personally I find it kind of annoying. like having to go back to get enough stars to get into the final castle. 

you could always collect the stamps and stars on your first go around?  jk  although I did do it on most of the early levels

In most cases where I skipped them it's was either because I didn't see it until to late and didn't want to waste a life, or I just managed to pass on of those annoying more luck than skill required areas and had no intention of doing crazy risks and have to do it again.