What was your first home computer?

The first home PC I ever had was a Mitsubishi Apricot. I remember it well. 75Mz Pentium 8MB RAM, 850MB HDD. All running Windows 95. I managed to incrementally upgrade it over time, including adding a Soundblaster AWE 64 & doubling the RAM. I also overclocked the CPU to a whopping 90Mhz

vs550.gif

I will give the same answer to this thread as to all the other same or similar threads I have seen with respect to this subject.

Sinclair ZX81 16k Expansion pack added.

img_1827.jpg

spectrum2a.jpg

I remember waking up on Christmas morning, before the sun was up, and ripping it open. I was so tired, that I got back into bed with it under my arm lol.

Can't remember the smell of it exactly, but I remember it was very distinctive.

I was too young/stupid to do anything other than play games on it :(

spectrum2a.jpg

I remember waking up on Christmas morning, before the sun was up, and ripping it open. I was so tired, that I got back into bed with it under my arm lol.

Can't remember the smell of it exactly, but I remember it was very distinctive.

I was too young/stupid to do anything other than play games on it :(

I had one of those too, and like yourself I only played games on it really. Hence me not classing it as a PC.

Commodore 64. It was a hand me down from my brother.

That was one that was actually mine. I had before that used an Atari 130XE and 600XL (maybe an 800XL)

Like most i only used it for gaming but i considering it being a PC when you have to enter cheats for a game as it was usually a couple of hundred lines of code before you run the game.

Then you still don't know if it'll work.

DRM back then was so poor. Have a two cassette tape deck? copy away. Got high speed dubbing? time saving.

My 1st Home PC: AMD 486-DX5 133MHz, 8MB RAM, VGA Trident 1MB or 2MB...blah blah

Good old days...

Amiga 500 - and a whopping amount of software and games copied from friends. I actually even had a HD (A590)

My two original games were Monkey Island 2 and a winter Olympics game.

The first one we had at home was a Timex Sinclair 2068. We still have it, and it still works.

640px-Timex_sinclair_2068_%282%29.jpg

The first one I co-owned was a Spectrum 128k +2, the one with the built-in tape player.

ZX-Spectrum-128k%2B2.jpg

The first one I ever owned alone was a self build Pentium 166MHz. Sadly no picture of that one.

My first pc was an IBM Aptiva Celeron 833mhz?, 10gb HDD and either 256 or 512mb of ram.

That pc got me into gaming, I used to love playing GTA: Vice City multiplayer on it. :D

Couldn't win any races though, being 20% under spec meant I was always last. :(

post-308560-0-28144600-1382618814.png

It's weird that my Motorola Xoom can play GTA: Vice City on full with a higher resolution and not break a sweat.

I started with a timex sinclair 1000...  i was only 9 or 10, so i didn't know what i was doing, but learned a little basic, which is probably all it could do.

then i got a C64, which was awesome, then a couple of amiga's (500 then 2000), and then into DOS pc's then windows, just buying parts and building a new computer every few years....

First was a Gateway G6-400, then a Gateway 400SD4, then (and currently) a Dell XPS1530. I also currently have going a Lenovo A63 (thanks to Neowin) and Dell Dimension of irrelevant model number (thanks to science) - both are desktops and have internals that no longer resemble the manufacturer specs.

My mom met someone off AOL using my grandpa's laptop back when I was in the 5th grade, he ended up buying her a Star (I believe that was the company) desktop, and he flew out to met her, it was over after a lunch date, lol.

But that computer stayed strong for awhile.

I had an old Compaq Presario.

Intel 486X2 66 MHz processor

8MB RAM

420MB Hard Drive

3.5" Diskette Drive

14.4k Modem

Windows 3.1 with TabWorks

Still works, though it's just sitting in my closet collecting dust.

My first PC was:

AMD Duron 650mhz

128mb DDR1 RAM

11gb HDD

Sony 15" CRT monitor

Geforce2 GTS pro 32mb ram (this one served me 5 years - it was a monster it even managed DOOM3 <- with adjustments)

Sweet memories