California cops shoot dead 13-year-old boy armed with toy gun

I'm guessing the buy didn't have a tag floating above his head with his name date of birth and age and such handy information when they pointed their guns at him.

So how exactly where they to know he was 13 ?

Well they should be able to tell that he's a kid just by looking at his face.

Like with any of these articles none of us were there. We don't know the situation, only what snippets the media has chosen to put up.

Things like

1. What the neighbourhood is like.

2. Officers past experiences.

3. Lighting and conditions.

4. How the suspect was acting.

etc

None were noted in the media.

Reasonable force was used for what the officers deemed necessary. No one wants to be the one to shoot and kill someone, regardless of age. Tensions were probably high, the suspect didn't react to multiple instructions. It was the situation was handled with the relevant severity. Armed suspects are dealt with by the use of a gun. Knife welding suspects are dealt with by tazers. Unarmed are dealt with by tasers / hand / batton.

It is tragic, as others have said but also understandable. I play paintball in the UK a lot and carry kit which can look like a RIF. If I get pulled over, it tell them straight away what is in my boot and co-operate until they are satisfied I am not a threat. I've known owners of sites / shops to have their houses RAIDED by armed response teams, as someone thought they were an arms dealer. Situations like that, you co-operate and chew dirt rather than lead.

As for fights; you do what you need to do to protect yourself. I've never been in that situation as I am an imposing man - but I know that if my life or my families life depended on it and there was no way of resolving it without violence, I would do what I could to ensure me or my family could get away safely. One punch? 10 punches? Whatever it would take to make that guy not get up and hurt me or my family.

What that would matter why? The kid firing the gun will still kill them, even if hes 8, 9, 10, 50!   ugh....seriously?!!!  People, stop being so ...ugh!

Bearing in mind the offender in this video only has a knife just look how unprepared an Officer is to defend from even large distances.

Watch the video an imagine if he had a gun!

• Like 2

Here is a picture of a 13 year old with a real aka 47

6-detroit-gun.jpg

There is an old saying, never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Maybe when you have been shot at by an aka 47 your thoughts might be different.

Here is a picture of a 13 year old with a real aka 47

6-detroit-gun.jpg

There is an old saying, never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Maybe when you have been shot at by an aka 47 your thoughts might be different.

This picture doesn't really change anything.

Hello,

Okay then. Mma for 4 years but never been in a fight. If one punch is enough to stop your opponent.. You don't carry on attacking them, the only people that do that are scum

When you dont know the difference between a competition sport and a fight, you prove yourself to be a liar.
  • Like 2

Why don't they speak in the glorious English language first !!!

A 13 year old kid is what now ,a possible mass murdurer .  How would a kid garner hatred against  to go on shooting spree and what chances are there in america that a kid can get access to an AK.

They will finally Blame GTA V for this .

What?

Because kids haven't been known to kill others in this day and age.

What does the age matter?

Bullets are just as dangerous coming from a 13 year old as a 40 year old.

• Like 1

Because kids haven't been known to kill others in this day and age.

What does the age matter?

Bullets are just as dangerous coming from a 13 year old as a 40 year old.

That may be so, however the kids gun was a toy meaning the cops killed him for no real reason.

That may be so, however the kids gun was a toy meaning the cops killed him for no real reason.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

They didn't know it was a toy gun!  He didn't drop it when ordered to!

Did you even watch the video I posted last page to show how fast this crap goes down in real life?

Edit:  posted again for emphasis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TTaeykS1m0

• Like 3

Only known after the fact. He also made the brilliant move to decide to point it at the cops as well. Why do you keep over looking basic facts of the situation?

• Like 2

ugh....dude seriously....  bah, i am the idiot here, i keep thinking we can teach you common sense, but that wont happen.

• Like 2

ugh....dude seriously....  bah, i am the idiot here, i keep thinking we can teach you common sense, but that wont happen.

Yeah, in his mind the police thought "Look, It's a 13 year old kid with a toy gun! Lets kill him!"

• Like 3

Yeah, in his mind the police thought "Look, It's a 13 year old kid with a toy gun! Lets kill him!"

Naturally.

The US is full of murderous thugs and they wear badges!

/s

I guess....my only thought is that this person is so wrapped in a bubble of "not reality" that common sense just doesn't apply, or he is not able to have good rationale to be applied to things.  Hes not happy with most of us saying this is sad, horrible, etc, to him, the only thing that matters is that the cops killed a kid, but doesn't see the whole picture.  Funny thing is, i dont think he can, i think he has an agenda, a view in his mind which he is not capable of changing, or modifying depending on facts, situations, etc.   small minded individuals simply do not have critical thinking, and that is what we are faced with here.  i am done with this.

• Like 2

Talk about beating a dead horse.

They didn't know it was a toy gun!  He didn't drop it when ordered to!

Did you even watch the video I posted last page to show how fast this crap goes down in real life?

Edit:  posted again for emphasis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TTaeykS1m0

All I'm saying is that they didn't need to kill him even if he was threaten them, I believe that they could of found other ways around it as I will keep saying.

ugh....dude seriously.... bah, i am the idiot here, i keep thinking we can teach you common sense, but that wont happen.

Killing is wrong, the cops should have dealt with it in a different way. If that was your son you would not be happy that the cops had shot and killed him. You would have understood that they could have handled the situation better instead of panicking then shooting.