Clive Barker & Doug Bradley Making A New "Hellraiser"

tumblr_lxt81mQY4N1r2r5igo1_500.gif

Yesterday, Clive Barker ("Lord of Illusions"), surprised horror fans by announcing on his official Facebook page that he will be writing the screenplay for a new Hellraiser film. It revealed that it will be a remake of the original 1987 film, which is based on novella The Hellbound Heart. I'm assuming The Weinstein Company (producers) are hoping for the same type of success that the Evil Dead franchise experienced will rub off on Hellraiser. A franchise that has been in decline for many, many years. The last five Hellraiser films have straight-to-DVD.

HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures,in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first HELLRAISER film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity-honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film-was attractive to Dimension. Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch.What can I tell you about it?Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first HELLRAISER. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley,and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed , I will open a Lemarchand Configuration,dip my quill in its contents and start writing . I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent, me.

As questions are asked I'll do my best to answer them,though as you all know making movies is a volatile art,and things seldom remain fixed. One question regarding the rating has been asked. I asked it too,and Dimension confirmed that they are purely interested in an R rated picture.Somebody else asked why I'm not writing something original. The answer is that I am.After HELLRAISER I intend to write and direct a completely new horror movie,which will mingle graphic horror and erotic content,to create an unrated film which will push the envelope of extreme content further than ever...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89068

I would prefer he leave that masterpiece alone and make a new movie based on his new book where he definitively kills off Pinhead.  I am anxious to read that book since a lot of it takes place in hell.