McDonald's dropping Heinz ketchup

A lot of people have very fast metabolisms and President Obama would be a good example. I bet President Obama could eat at McDonalds everyday and not gain 1 pound.

McDonads still uses beef flavoring in their fries in the USA

current mcdonalds fries ingredients list.. and McDonalds burgers do not sit in water... neither do Five Guys, our local one cooks them to order, they never sit anywhere.... at all. no idea where you got that idea from.... one of those steamed burger joints?..

It's not the same. The used to add beef fat, not just stock. It's totally not the same.

Also, not all restaurants are the same. I didn't say Five Guys didn't cook fresh to order, I was merely saying that places like Mcdonalds cook several times a day and keep the patties in a warmer. I know a franchise manager and we have discussed this.

Hey, you guys can eat what you want. I know some regulars that rely on it get defensive, however, I don't like it anymore.

In PA, Ohio, WV, MD, VA, and NC a chain called Sheetz still uses trans fat based oil to fry their fries, they had a lot of flack for not switching, their owner basically said too bad don't buy them then you have a choice... also so does the Sonic Drive-In chain

I wish they were here.

I know right? I want heart disease with every portion of my fries.

Thank you doctor, I appreciate politicizing my junk food. Come talk to me when that roundup ready GMO foods are discovered to cause problems.

In PA, Ohio, WV, MD, VA, and NC a chain called Sheetz still uses trans fat based oil to fry their fries, they had a lot of flack for not switching, their owner basically said too bad don't buy them then you have a choice... also so does the Sonic Drive-In chain

Sheetz has good fries. Even the ones with BBQ sauce. I haven't had them I. Awhile but damn they are good.

I just want them to sell beer here now.

A lot of people have very fast metabolisms and President Obama would be a good example. I bet President Obama could eat at McDonalds everyday and not gain 1 pound.

I would think his issue is smoking coupled with stress out the arse, rather than metabolism.

World's biggest fast-food chain seeks new ketchup for its famous french fries.

Maybe they can switch to good old "Rosella" tomato sauce, and dump that stupid "ketchup" name at the same time!

Heinz ketchup usually doesn't fare well in blind taste tests anyway, they could do much better.

Hunt's 100% Natural Ketchup is much tastier IMO. Very good stuff. That or I'll drag out my great-grandmother's recipe and do some homemade, which IS the best.

Thank you doctor, I appreciate politicizing my junk food. Come talk to me when that roundup ready GMO foods are discovered to cause problems.

Wait so you'd rather have food which greatly increases heart disease, cholesterol and even infertility but are the right amount of crispiness you like?

It's nothing to do with politics. It's odd to me you'd take crispiness over your own health. 

Wait so you'd rather have food which greatly increases heart disease, cholesterol and even infertility but are the right amount of crispiness you like?

It's nothing to do with politics. It's odd to me you'd take crispiness over your own health.

Well, it's nice to know that doctors and other eggheads have the power over individual choices. As long as people are aware of the health risks, do you really believe scholars should be able to force or limit peoples' choices? Why not ban alcohol, tobacco, and other stuff... us peasants need direction from the nobility. Oh, they are by driving up costs.

If the tyrants cannot influence change, they force it. What a wonderful world. You can choose to die for your country, but don't you dare risk your life with food that is bad for you.

• Like 1

They haven't used Heinz in the UK for a long while afaik. So this really isn't a big deal. Shareholders may not like it as much but that's what happens in business when something gets too expensive.

Either way, I can't remember the last time I bought Tomato Sauce, it's all about the HP.

Well, it's nice to know that doctors and other eggheads have the power over individual choices. As long as people are aware of the health risks, do you really believe scholars should be able to force or limit peoples' choices? Why not ban alcohol, tobacco, and other stuff... us peasants need direction from the nobility. Oh, they are by driving up costs.

If the tyrants cannot influence change, they force it. What a wonderful world. You can choose to die for your country, but don't you dare risk your life with food that is bad for you.

Didn't answer my question. Typical deflection. 

It's not the same. The used to add beef fat, not just stock. It's totally not the same.

Also, not all restaurants are the same. I didn't say Five Guys didn't cook fresh to order, I was merely saying that places like Mcdonalds cook several times a day and keep the patties in a warmer. I know a franchise manager and we have discussed this.

Hey, you guys can eat what you want. I know some regulars that rely on it get defensive, however, I don't like it anymore.

You don't like it, that's fine, but to tell us we have bad palettes, and you "don't know how we can eat that garbage" is trying to push opinion as fact, and telling us we're wrong for still enjoying mcdonalds. 

He is happy to have bureaucrats decree from up on high what the people can and cannot eat. Autocratic control over one's diet is the cool thing these days. Choice, freedom, and individual responsibility is SOOOOO 20th century.

I for one cannot wait to receive my mandatory government nutrition card that spells out exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it.

• Like 2

He is happy to have bureaucrats decree from up on high what the people can and cannot eat. Autocratic control over one's diet is the cool thing these days. Choice, freedom, and individual responsibility is SOOOOO 20th century.

I for one cannot wait to receive my mandatory government nutrition card that spells out exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it.

Putting words in peoples mouths?  :rolleyes:

FriendlyBully couldn't answer it and went off on a different tangent about nobility or something so maybe you'd have the decency of answering what he couldn't 

Please tell me why you'd rather have fries with trans fats than those without? 

It's not exactly effecting your freedom, it's food, so I don't know why you're trying to bring that  into it. "They're taking ma freedoms" err no taking out harmful fats.     :woot:

Do you remember when their food used to taste good? I can't believe people still buy the garbage. It's more of a convenience thing now anyway. Too bad the young people will never know what fast food used to taste like in America. I remember the fall of most of it:

No more juicy burgers - Mid 90's, Jack in the box ecoli scare prompted almost all fast food places to overcook the beef and/or cook them early in the day, store them in a metal container with warmed water, then briefly place them on the grill before serving. I swear, I haven't had a "Five Guys" quality burger from a chain since 1998.

Fries into soggy cardboard - McDonalds fries were ruined in two ways:

1) Lawsuit from a vegetarian group in the early 00's prompted them to remove the beef bullion flavor from the fries.

2) New York law in the mid 00's prompted most fast food chains to no longer use hydrogenized vegetable oil because it' bad for us. Fries haven't been crispy since.

Taco Bell Scare - Ecoli outbreak in the late 00's forced Taco Bell the permanently remove green onion from all of their food.

Yep I remember. Its kind of sad. The only way I can eat their fries now is to make them prepare them with no salt. At that point they are fresh and not sitting in grease till someone comes to buy them and best of all they wont be so salt infested. Same thing goes for burger king and chick fil a.