McDonald's dropping Heinz ketchup

Yep I remember. Its kind of sad. The only way I can eat their fries now is to make them prepare them with no salt. At that point they are fresh and not sitting in grease till someone comes to buy them and best of all they wont be so salt infested. Same thing goes for burger king and chick fil a.

I just assume not have any salt on fries either, since I use either ketchup or bbq sauce. Most of the time now, they are so salty, that you can barely eat them. Look at all the money they could save by not using salt or by using less salt.

Must be a significant savings going from Heinz to Hunt's. Not seeing what that savings is. McDonald's prob needs to save some money somewhere since coming out with their fake chicken (nuggets) wings. 

Hello,

I eat every monday at McDonald's and thought to myself Heinz must make a fortune off McDonald's. This will hurt Heinz.

It will be interesting to see if Heinz raises their prices or re-sizes their bottles in the near future. 

McDonald's Drops Heinz Ketchup

The Huffington Post  |  By Joe Satran Posted: 10/25/2013 6:06 pm EDT  |  Updated: 10/26/2013 2:38 pm EDT

" It's worth noting that most McDonald's locations in the U.S. stopped serving Heinz ketchup a long time ago. Only the stores in the areas around Pittsburgh (the home of Heinz) and Minneapolis currently carry Heinz, John Bennett, vice president of food-service ketchup, condiments and sauces for Heinz, told the Wall Street Journal in 2011. However, many McDonald's locations overseas do use Heinz. "

" McDonald's representatives refused to say which company supplies ketchup to the majority of McDonald's American restaurants at the moment, or which companies might be tapped to produce its ketchup going forward. And a visit to the McDonald's closest to Huffington Post HQ, on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan's East Village, provided no answers; the ketchup there came in packets marked "McDonald's Fancy Ketchup."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/25/mcdonalds-heinz-ketchup_n_4164898.html

Heinz make the worst products.

Their tomato sauce is terrible.

Tried it once, never again.

I use Pudliszki Mild Ketchup great taste and tastes of tomato.

Putting words in peoples mouths?  :rolleyes:

FriendlyBully couldn't answer it and went off on a different tangent about nobility or something so maybe you'd have the decency of answering what he couldn't 

Please tell me why you'd rather have fries with trans fats than those without? 

It's not exactly effecting your freedom, it's food, so I don't know why you're trying to bring that  into it. "They're taking ma freedoms" err no taking out harmful fats.     :woot:

Hugh? Are you insinuating that I am a closet trans fat eater? Was that some sort of serious question which needed my undivided attention? Yes, I prefer trans fat cooking oil because it tastes better. I went to the store today and picked up some McDonalds fries on the way home. They were soggy and tasted like cardboard. At least I know that was heart healthy, because I threw 2/3 of them in the trash! Some people don't mind and just shovel it in.

You may not understand this, but I don't need someone to tell me how to live so I can get an extra couple years of life. What a freaking trade off, live longer but your food doesn't taste good anymore. Like the other guy said, choice like that is so 20th century. We need to be like the UK more; an expert right there to guide everyone through life.

What's up with the last sentence? You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

• Like 1

You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

you sound like one angry mad dude...

Hugh? Are you insinuating that I am a closet trans fat eater? Was that some sort of serious question which needed my undivided attention? Yes, I prefer trans fat cooking oil because it tastes better. I went to the store today and picked up some McDonalds fries on the way home. They were soggy and tasted like cardboard. At least I know that was heart healthy, because I threw 2/3 of them in the trash! Some people don't mind and just shovel it in.

You may not understand this, but I don't need someone to tell me how to live so I can get an extra couple years of life. What a freaking trade off, live longer but your food doesn't taste good anymore. Like the other guy said, choice like that is so 20th century. We need to be like the UK more; an expert right there to guide everyone through life.

What's up with the last sentence? You still jealous because a bunch of peasants whipped you guys in that war? Of course you are going to make fun of our barbaric freedoms. You guys still knighting street performers?

So you call it garbage and say people must have poor taste and you still buy it? Seems a tad hypocritical of you. 

Knowledge of what food is good for you isn't exactly 'expert' level stuff. It's actually fairly basic stuff. 

'that war'? Not relevant and no one outside of the US cares. The fact you think a bunch of peasants won shows your lack of knowledge on it.

Seems like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.  :)

I only eat at fast food restruarants when I have to.

Its not even worth it unless you get from the dollar menu. You could go to a deli counter at a supermarket and get a better, fresher sandwich for the same price as you would get at a fast food place.

you sound like one angry mad dude...

No hate or chip on my shoulder. My mother was born in London, so I have lots of friends and family over there. I do enjoy pushing buttons now and again. Just be glad you don't work with me, I am inherently disagreeable, LOL!

So you call it garbage and say people must have poor taste and you still buy it? Seems a tad hypocritical of you. 

Knowledge of what food is good for you isn't exactly 'expert' level stuff. It's actually fairly basic stuff. 

'that war'? Not relevant and no one outside of the US cares. The fact you think a bunch of peasants won shows your lack of knowledge on it.

Seems like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.  :)

Trust me, your attempts to anger me are useless. I know that last sentence got your goat!

Woohoo! 'Merica wins again!

Trust me, your attempts to anger me are useless. I know that last sentence got your goat!

Woohoo! 'Merica wins again!

Not at all. Your replies have been off-topic and avoided any questions so not really surprised where it went. 

I'll just have to remember not to try and have a constructive discussion with you in the future as it doesn't seem possible. 

All in all I couldn't care less.  :)

Ok so, I've eaten my fair share of McDonalds ketchup and Heinz from the bottle/plastic bottle. And I can tell you, they do not taste the same at all.

And McDonalds ketchup packets do not say Heinz on them. It even says, "Made in U.S.A. for exclusive use by McDonald's Restaurants"

Ahhh HAH, so this story is not even that big of a story after all... look at this. This is in the OP, but buried half way through, going to bold it for everyone else.

Heinz-branded ketchup is currently served only in two major U.S. markets - Pittsburgh and Minneapolis.

But many overseas McDonald's had served Heinz with its fare.

RELATED: WOMAN GIVES BIRTH AT MCDONALD?S, NICKNAMES SON RONALD

The rest of the country dips their fries into unbranded ketchup from dispensers, or "fancy ketchup" packets.

The severing of Heinz could mean good news for condiment rival Hunt's, the second-largest ketchup producer in the country.

You guys know there is more to this story then they are saying? A big part of the squabble is the fact that Heinz wants to stop 100% making the foil packages and move to their "Dip and squeeze" packages which cost more.. and McDonalds doesn't want to take on the extra cost... and has no extra branding on them besides "Heinz" unlike the current ones that has McDonalds written on them

Not at all. Your replies have been off-topic and avoided any questions so not really surprised where it went.

I'll just have to remember not to try and have a constructive discussion with you in the future as it doesn't seem possible.

All in all I couldn't care less. :)

Oh, you mean the one lined question. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the politics here, so I gave you statements that are hard to argue with. There was only so much I could say before actually telling you I don't care about the health risks. Life is a health risk. How does eating it make me a hypocrite too? I didn't say I hated them, I said the food used to taste better. My greatest McDonalds sadness was discontinuing the deep fried cherry pies. No point in complaining about that if they are gone. It's not like you care anyway, you are probably a vegan or something that wanted to bash us big mean meat eaters.

As far as having future discussions, I really don't like talking to over political people anyways. I am getting tired of it. I don't want to know about the world's problems anymore. I do not want to save the world, I don't care about carbon footprints, and I certainly throw aluminum cans and batteries in with all of the regular trash. Smoking bans are silly, college kids need to drink more, and fat children need more video games.

Then you're ridiculous. Even a child could cook tastier, healthier food than the crap they sell at McDonald's.

Taste is subjective. Their "gourmet" burgers aren't bad. They're a few dollars less than what dine-in restaurants charge but taste pretty good. And of course the fries are something nice and salty to taste every now and then. :p

It might be a regional thing where menu items on McD's on one side of the planet differs from another.

... as for the topic at hand, I'm not a real fan of ketchup (except on sausages) so a ketchup brand switch is no biggie.

This is my favorite sauce for both eating Mcnuggets and dipping French fries. I wish they sold a gallon of it.

McDonalds_Spicy_Buffalo_Sauce_335496.jpg