What was your first smartphone?

Blackberry Curve 8330, with No WiFi. :wacko:

Had it for 2 years.

I switched to Samsung Galaxy S3 Android after that.

Orange SPV aka HTC Canary back in 2002.  I think besides a period with a Sony Ericsson T630 (or actually a pair of them) I have rocked smartphones since the Canary.

Hello,

I am not sure if it counts as a "smartphone," but I had a Motorola StarTAC with an adapter for a Franklin REX 5000 PCMCIA-card PDA.  The device had to be plugged into a PC though, to get any meaningful amount of data out of it.  This would have been in the mid-1990s.

I also had a Palm Vx with a OmniSky Minstrel V cellular cradle.  This wasn't a smart phone, per se, but it allowed me to browse the web via PQA applets like AvantGo at a blazing 19.2Kbps over AT&T's CDPD network.  I had this device through the mid-to-late 1990s.

Probably the first smartphone I owned that qualified for the name was the Motorola MPx200, which ran Windows Mobile for Smartphones.  This would have been 2002-2003

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Wow... AvantGo... not heard that in a long time! Used to have that running on my HP iPaq

A Palm . . . Centro I think it was. Non-touch screen and a keyboard. My first "proper" smartphone was the Xperia X10.

For me it was:

Samsung Omnia i900 (Windows Mobile 6.1)

HTC Desire (Android 2.0 - 2.3)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0 - 4.3)

HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7 - 7.8)

Samsung ATIV S (Windows Phone 8)

Prior to these I used a variety of PDAs:

Psion Series 3 (SIBO)

Psion Revo Plus (EPOC 32 Release 6)

Compaq iPAQ h3750 (PPC2002 Premium)

HP Mobile Media Companion rx3715 (Windows Mobile 2003 SE)

This was my first TRUE smartphone ( excluding Symbian wich many people had at the time).

Orange SPV C500 ( HTC Typhoon)

Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE Smartphone

It was great, especially when I was going to upgrade its OS.

I still remember that holding the volume key and back should restore the OS. I virused it and sent it back to my carrier , had to wait 2 months to get it back. I was a child but I was listeing songs in WMP!

2005 I think.%5B1%5DVand_spv_c500.jpg

• Like 2

ZTE Warp through iWireless (Kroger).  I bought it last year because it was the first Android phone they offered at the time.

post-25136-0-27431200-1383412127.png

Not sure if it is classed as a smartphone, but LG Viewty Smile.  If not that then my current phone Xperia U.

a nokia 6610 in 2003.

nokia-6610_0101w300_2166.png

it was very good, also better than the next 2 phones i got.

I think a lot people don't really understand the difference between a feature phone and a smart phone.

I also think a lot of people don't know the difference between "1st" and "all" :D

I think a lot people don't really understand the difference between a feature phone and a smart phone.

i actually do, i just adopted to the majority of people naming any phone device a smartphone. now i see i did a mistake here. damnit :angry: :angry: :angry:

so then again, 2nd try.

iphone 3g in 2009.

i actually do, i just adopted to the majority of people naming any phone device a smartphone. now i see i did a mistake here. damnit :angry: :angry: :angry:

so then again, 2nd try.

iphone 3g in 2009.

Better :P