Ridley Scott Confirms 'Prometheus' Sequel In Development

During a press panel for The Counselor, director Ridley Scott was asked about the current state of Prometheus 2 (Paradise), which has been in development hell since the departure of screenwriter Damon Lindelof.

Good news for fans of the quasi-Alien prequel (that?s me!), he confirms that the screenplay is still being written. Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen was hired back in June to figure out a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the Engineers, which was left in a state of flux when the original one-shot was changed to make way for a trilogy.

As pereviously reported, Scott will produce again through his Scott Free banner though it?s unknown at this time if he will direct. Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are also expected to return.

Source Article

Of course there would be a sequel...  It's a prequel to the alien SERIES...  And it was left with a teaser of Dr Shaw going to "where they came from"... Of course people are gonna want (and presumably the production company is gonna want to capitalize on) to know what happened after Shaw gets to her destination. 

Even though I hated the first I think it's not beyond saving, and I agree with incendy, Noomi and Fassbender alone are enough of a reason to check it out. Let's just hope this time they include a story instead of sequences of things happening.

I really enjoyed the first one. The story was all over the place, but Noomi and Fassbender were so perfectly cast. When you have characters that strong, you have to continue!

Noomi was good but Fassbender really stood out for me, I just hope she fixes him up so he isn't just a head in a bag  :rofl:

I really enjoyed the first one. The story was all over the place, but Noomi and Fassbender were so perfectly cast. When you have characters that strong, you have to continue!

I agree. They are strong characters and this series is still savable.

add me to the list who wants to see what happens when she takes the engineers ship back to the source...

i also enjoyed the first one......brilliant acting by those 2 who are coming back & wowing cinematography