What is your monthly salary?

Hello,

You don't seem to understand the problem. You can't make statements like that if you have no currency for your values.  645,30 what? Australian dollars, yen, US dollars? How can you say something is minimum wage when you don't know how much it is?  I could  have trillions of dollars in Zimbabwe money, and would fit into your last poll option. That would not indicate I'm rich, but you seem to think it does.

Ah yes, you are completely correct :) I stand corrected and apoligize. I automatically thought that most of use either have are salary in dollars or euros (I put the othres options just in case) But yes there are people that make 100000 yens a month

No offence, but I don't think it's a good idea to fragment the data into such small increments especially when the sample itself is small.

I'd also like to add that asking about monthly salary presumes that the people being interviewed are employed. Some of us are self-employed or have mixed sources of income. What I'm saying is that monthly salary =! net income.

Completely agree about the increments being too fragmented.  Means I have to do quite a bit of my own side math to figure out what the data means because the actual plot that is generated doesn't have much of a meaning with this sample size.

I make a penny or two a day walking around picking pennies off the ground, still not enough to buy a car wash let alone buy a second hand Subaru. Maybe I should start taking some chemistry classes and make some good money using that knowledge  :laugh:

Hello,

Rather than ask how much money people make, why not make a thread asking people what they do for a living ;)

I actually was going to do that but the problem is that I havent had a good section to find listing of working catagories. I dont want to forget or offend anyone.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, how are you handling the different currency conversions?  If I choose, say, 9,500, and then select EUR, does it get re-factored for USD?  It seems to me it might be better to re-do this poll with a single currency unit, and ask people to use a currency conversion calculator to enter their monthly salary.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I rate in roughly 2400+ a month Canadian.  And thats just doing simple PO entry, can't wait till I get DBA.

Hello,

Hello,

Out of curiosity, how are you handling the different currency conversions?  If I choose, say, 9,500, and then select EUR, does it get re-factored for USD?  It seems to me it might be better to re-do this poll with a single currency unit, and ask people to use a currency conversion calculator to enter their monthly salary.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

No, it simply means you get a salary of 9500? a month. Another person can pick $9500 and pick US dollars. Thats it, there is no more to it.

I dont convert it or anything.

This isnt for a study or my records or nothing.

Hello,

No, it simply means you get a salary of 9500? a month. Another person can pick $9500 and pick US dollars. Thats it, there is no more to it.

I dont convert it or anything.

This isnt for a study or my records or nothing.

but you still have no way of telling which amount tied to dollars, or euros... so the whole thing is still flawed

I voted, but this Poll is useless. The only semi-useful conclusion you can draw from this data is that the majority of people in this Poll are using U.S. Dollars.

A Better poll would be to ask how much people make in a single currency as was previously suggested.

?1,200 - ?1,400 a month. 

And that's with two jobs. I'm a senior legal secretary/supervisor but also do the cleaning for my office. Desperately saving up for a mortgage deposit hence the second job. 

Finally, I'm training to become a police station representative. Once I'm qualified I'll be on significantly more, as overtime pay ('out of hours') is excellent :D 

Not sure why everyone is so touchy over this. Answer the question or GTFO.