Weird video pixellation issue

The GTX560Ti is fully supported by the latest drivers. If you're forced to run an old one then something's wrong with the card. Have you attempted to take the card out, dust it and reseat it? Try it in a different PCI-E slot as well.

I did do that a few months ago. I did it to find the serial number printed on the back. I may go back in there and re-seat it. My motherboard only has 1 PCI Express 16x slot so I can't try another one.

I double checked the model of the card it's not a TI just a straight GTX 560 1GB. Here is a link to it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133397

EDIT: Linked to Wrong Card

The GTX560 is also supported (all GTX500 series and several older series than that are). 

That said if the older driver works well, you could stick with that; there likely aren't many important updates for your graphics card in the newer drivers, which mainly target newer cards and SLI setups.

Well, that was short lived. I just turned on my computer after getting home from work and the video went all psycho again. This time though I could actually read the message on the screen and I got a Windows 8 message that said the nvlddmkm.sys caused a problem and it did a memory dump.

I guess the card is kaput, gonna send it off I guess, unless anyone else disagrees.

Well, that was short lived. I just turned on my computer after getting home from work and the video went all psycho again. This time though I could actually read the message on the screen and I got a Windows 8 message that said the nvlddmkm.sys caused a problem and it did a memory dump.

I guess the card is kaput, gonna send it off I guess, unless anyone else disagrees.

Before sending back card, I suggest send your memory dump to ManuelG guy at nvidia forum or mail it describing your issue, linking this thread link at following email address:

driverfeedback@nvidia.com

You are not the only one facing this issue.

Only two things worked for me:

1) Using Windows 7 64-bit stick with 314.22 WHQL driver

2) Using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit stick with latest WHQL. It does happen on Windows 8.1 as well but Microsoft has remarkably improved timeout device recovery functionality, I just get single white flash and then all OK and tooltip show that driver got error while sometime my mouse start lagging but I get enough time to restart and it all works.

All who thinks that it is specific to you, I have to say sorry you are not alone in this boat:

Figure out yourself: 

Nvidia also provided test driver for people facing this issue yesterday:

You can test them as other one reply comes from nvidia forum, they say with new WHQL driver 330.5 situation is not that much bad (at least for OS with better Timeout device recovery functionality). As I mentioned in point 2 I made with Windows 8.1 scenario.

Just an update. The link that Zlip792 gave that goes to that special driver Nvidia made seems to be working well. I installed it shortly after Zlip posted and have not had the pixellation issue. For good measure I upgrade to Windows 8.1 this afternoon and have not had issues.

I'm going to give it a few more days, but will mark this question answered with that suggestion as long as nothing goes wrong. If you are having a similar issue, give that driver a shot and see.

I went ahead and marked this as solved, I have not had issues since installing that driver. Thank you all for the assistance and thanks Zlip for finding the solution  :)

• 3 weeks later...