Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex?

Shouldn't better economic development lead to more births?

In Japan's case, it clearly hasn't.

No, not at all. I don't know if you have noticed, but the highest birth rates belong to developing countries. Niger, Afghanistan, Burundi, Uganda and so on...

Not a lot of it actually has tentacles that I've seen.  I'm sure you're trying to be funny but it's not working.

I am sorry for your lack of humor then, but I clearly do not see how one can be more attracted to a piece of drawing than to real flesh. But don't mind me, the world (and respectively people) changes really fast. I also have a female friend that prefers watching hentai than actually doing it in real life. But that's their thing.

No, not at all. I don't know if you have noticed, but the highest birth rates belong to developing countries. Niger, Afghanistan, Burundi, Uganda and so on...

I am sorry for your lack of humor then, but I clearly do not see how one can be more attracted to a piece of drawing than to real flesh. But don't mind me, the world (and respectively people) changes really fast. I also have a female friend that prefers watching hentai than actually doing it in real life. But that's their thing.

i really hate the term "developing countries". Those countries are happy being cesspools. If they wanted to develop they would have made moves to do it decades ago. Up until the 70s it looked like iran was going to develop.. then it feel into a dark age.

i really hate the term "developing countries". Those countries are happy being cesspools. If they wanted to develop they would have made moves to do it decades ago. Up until the 70s it looked like iran was going to develop.. then it feel into a dark age.

I didn't invent the term. But I do prefer it instead "third world countries". Now about the part "if the wanted to develop - they would" I agree but not fully. While some countries are a victim of bad government others just have nothing to build their economy upon. For example a lot of Central African countries that were first robbed by their colonizers and now don't have the finances to gather the few resources their barren lands offer.

But that's going way off-topic now. Japan is doing pretty well and their negative population growth is just unnatural.

There are few societies on this planet that have undergone such dramatic internal changes in the last hundred of years as the Japanese have.

Two world wars, a nuclear bomb strike, occupation by the victor, imposition of different values - all had a demoralizing effect on the population.

It's what happens when a nation's essence is pulled out, when its historic ties with the tradition are cut, when a notion of community is lost, and all is replaced with foreign individual-centric values.

If that were the case we'd see a trend going back 50+ years but that simply isn't the case - given that Japan has been in stagnation for 30+ years, people are depressed about the future given that numerous governments haven't been able to fix the economy etc. are you surprised at the result? the corresponding trend in the west would be the 30+ percent of people who choose to remain single, the rising number of dual income no kids (dink) appearing etc. 

I didn't invent the term. But I do prefer it instead "third world countries". Now about the part "if the wanted to develop - they would" I agree but not fully. While some countries are a victim of bad government others just have nothing to build their economy upon. For example a lot of Central African countries that were first robbed by their colonizers and now don't have the finances to gather the few resources their barren lands offer.

But that's going way off-topic now. Japan is doing pretty well and their negative population growth is just unnatural.

central africa is home to some of the world's richest mineral deposits on the planet.  The Congo alone has 30% of the world's diamonds. The story of the evil european colonizers is much over done. There's clearly a place that they can make a basis to build an economy on. Mining. Force the kids into schools that teach technology, art, and ideas. You would be amazed what would happen if they put their effort into it.

If that were the case we'd see a trend going back 50+ years but that simply isn't the case - given that Japan has been in stagnation for 30+ years, people are depressed about the future given that numerous governments haven't been able to fix the economy etc. are you surprised at the result? the corresponding trend in the west would be the 30+ percent of people who choose to remain single, the rising number of dual income no kids (dink) appearing etc. 

that's the exact problem. after the bubble economy collapsed the government used stimulus funding to keep things floating. Most of it took the form of many pointless construction projects with many bridges to no-where. The U.S. is in middle of making the same mistake. When you're economy collapses from a bubble like that you need to let it be. You need it to hit it's bottom and let the economy naturally heal itself. What the Japanese did and what we are doing now is attempting to float the economy.. and it will for a while but as the national debt piles on the country will start to take on water.. until the real collapse that no one can stimulus spend their way out of comes.

I would love to live in Japan for many reasons but first and foremost, their culture is just so interesting and awkward, I would want to ingest that culture and understand them better. I had a Japanese friend when I was young. His name was Tatsuya and he had a sister. I always remember their mom being so quiet and reserved and then I don't even know if I ever saw his dad... ever. I had thought maybe there was something wrong there but I never mentioned it. Anyway, their culture is too different to us to fully appreciate the nuances they're going through which I imagine are very strange to them.

Imagine if China suddenly opened up from their isolationism. What would their twisted society go through? What is it going through now? Japan wasn't so different just two generations ago...

ok, Japanese females are really hot, what in the world is wrong with the men?

or is this some psychological war on men to reduce their over population?

It's the same phenomenon that's happening everywhere.

The women are focused on their careers and independence and the men just don't give a damn and like to be alone too. Both sexes postpone marriage and serious relationships till after they turn thirty and have established themselves.

The demographic problem in the West is offset by the flow of immigration. Japan is quite a xenophobic society when it comes to the immigrants. It's a relatively homogeneous country with few immigrants.

It's still the third largest economy.

• Like 1

occupation by the victor, imposition of different values - all had a demoralizing effect on the population.

It's what happens when a nation's essence is pulled out, when its historic ties with the tradition are cut, when a notion of community is lost, and all is replaced with foreign individual-centric values.

There's a lesson here: Don't go attacking other countries if you don't want to see your own country kicked down HARD. Sympathy level: VERY low.

• Like 1

There's a lesson here: Don't go attacking other countries if you don't want to see your own country kicked down HARD. Sympathy level: VERY low.

When the whole of Europe was preparing "for the war to end all wars", it would have been very stupid and naive of Japan to just sit and chill doing nothing to see what happens.

Unfortunately, at the beginning of the 20th century, when it comes to China vs Japan relationships, it was a matter of who will strike first. The war was inevitable and you can't blame Japan for that.

All forms of power and authority strive for only one thing - to try to keep and expand the power they hold.

• Like 1

central africa is home to some of the world's richest mineral deposits on the planet.  The Congo alone has 30% of the world's diamonds. The story of the evil european colonizers is much over done. There's clearly a place that they can make a basis to build an economy on. Mining. Force the kids into schools that teach technology, art, and ideas. You would be amazed what would happen if they put their effort into it.

I was referring more to the Sahara regions but anyhow.

The problem is that they don't have the technology to mine these resources. So they rent their mines to foreign companies that get the biggest share of the pie. The common miners work hard for little money and so the government can't get a full profit of it's natural resources. In addition Congo DR has ever-going civil war.

I will save the Japanese ladies from drying up! :3 

They don't want to be saved, they are uninterested in having sex.

It's the same phenomenon that's happening everywhere.

The women are focused on their careers and independence and the men just don't give a damn and like to be alone too. Both sexes postpone marriage and serious relationships till after they turn thirty and have established themselves.

The demographic problem in the West is offset by the flow of immigration. Japan is quite a xenophobic society when it comes to the immigrants. It's a relatively homogeneous country with few immigrants.

It's happening everywhere. I've read several articles about this before now.

TBH, after I work 10 to 12 hours a day, and my wife works almost as long as I do, the last thing on our minds at night is sex. 

• Like 2