Titanfall will be PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One exclusive for 'life of the title'

That's exactly why people are excited.  Its like COD with mechs.  It is the old COD dev team after all, so of course it will retain things that remind us of COD.

I think it draws excitement because it takes an fps formulae that works and puts a spin on it, adding in the whole mech mechanic.  There are a lot of mech fans out there, so to see that fleshed out in a AAA fps is nice.

I'm not sure why people would be so down on it though.  This genre is pretty darn popular.

Putting the mechs aside (I think mechs are stupid... wheels ftw :laugh: ), I kind of expect a little more than a theme change for a game to warrant the hype Titanfall is getting.

Putting the mechs aside (I think mechs are stupid... wheels ftw :laugh: ), I kind of expect a little more than a theme change for a game to warrant the hype Titanfall is getting.

Well I don't know a lot about the game myself, but there could be much more than a theme change.  There is still a while to go before its released, so we will see.

Look, people get hyped for COD all the time and I'm sure you could say that little changes in a fundamental way year to year.  People like the COD formula for an fps.

So when they here that ex-Infinity Ward guys are making a new fps that happens to incorporate mech combat, there is excitement. For anyone that does not like COD or mechs, it will be much less exciting. 

Well I don't know a lot about the game myself, but there could be much more than a theme change.  There is still a while to go before its released, so we will see.

Look, people get hyped for COD all the time and I'm sure you could say that little changes in a fundamental way year to year.  People like the COD formula for an fps.

So when they here that ex-Infinity Ward guys are making a new fps that happens to incorporate mech combat, there is excitement. For anyone that does not like COD or mechs, it will be much less exciting.

It is early, I admit. Has been surprisingly little footage and information available for most of the next-gen exclusives so far.

I just like to see developers doing new things. It is what I enjoy in games and what I think the industry needs to keep moving forward.

It is early, I admit. Has been surprisingly little footage and information available for most of the next-gen exclusives so far.

I just like to see developers doing new things. It is what I enjoy in games and what I think the industry needs to keep moving forward.

Hey, I do too, but unfortunately you have many games that like games that don't mess with the core formula and just add a twist to it on top.  We are part of a very diverse gaming community.

It's more than mechs, there's also a major increase in mobility and the SP/MP merge potentially giving more interesting objectives/levels to the MP to be excited about.

And they aren't traditional mechs as in 'get in and it powers up' they're mechs that actively engage, from what I saw if you jump off a building it'll catch you and put you in the pilot seat.

Just saying 'CoD with mechs' does it a disservice IMO by tying it to two very different genres neither of which do the same things.

lol at all the people now downplaying this game

last week: It won't be exclusive for long and it'll be better on our system!

now: It's just a generic game anyway, you can keep it!

lol at all the people now downplaying this game

last week: It won't be exclusive for long and it'll be better on our system!

now: It's just a generic game anyway, you can keep it!

You should've expected it, nothing that hasn't happened before.

The game is published by EA. MS would need to pay a very very very big truckload of money for it to not be avalaible on Origin. Ms probably already paid a truckload for it to be console exclusive. I don't even want to think how much it would cost to prevent EA from selling their own published game on their own Origin store.

From past experiences I have a hunch it would never happen and you'd see EA cancel a 360/X1 version faster than giving up on an Origin version. It'd never come to that of course, MS would yield and accept it as a multiplatform title than Sony having another selling point over them.

Either way, it's likely this game would have sold better on X1 even if it weren't a timed exclusive franchise. It could be likened to Mass Effect in many ways and if MS were smart, they could ask/pay for some sort of "progressive save" when TitanFall 2 came out to keep people buying the X1 version. I'm sure they'll settle for a typical DLC deal instead ala CoD.