Battlefield 4 x64: Impressions and Thoughts

I'm starting this thread to focus entirely on the x64 version of Battlefield 4, as it's a mainstream game, AND the first of the wave of x64-optional or x64-only (such as Watch Dogs) titles to become available.

First off, if you have the CPU and OS support, both executables show as shortcuts.

Second, even on low, the game looks quite good.

What do others think?

Just picked it up last night and only played it for a little bit, but so far looks great.  x64 version, ultra settings, it's purty.

Got it on high settings but dropped the res down from 1920x1080 so the frame rate would be around 60fps.

1920x1080 would drop between 28fps and 60fps with graphics set to high on a 7850 2GB.

The game works great on my system. Has all through the beta and is only better now in the final. I turned up all the buttons. There's some minor bugs with fullscreen/windowed but they'll work it out I guess.

I had time to play for about an hour last night and it looked super nice on Ultra.  It was a little bit laggy on some of the servers, but that's to be expected on launch day.

I'm really glad I bought the physical disc version.  Having to download that beastly 26GB+ would have really sucked.

Now I just need to find some time to unlock the good sniper rifles.  :D

Not sure which to get. Beta ran fine on my PC. High. Could go ultra but too much on screen messes it up alittle.

Or 360. Seems kind of pointless though. Everyone will play 360 and x1 comes out and no one will play 360.

Previously this was an issue with the origional Farcry. AMD released a 64bit farcry .exe to showcase their Athlon x64. Punkbuster didn't support x64, I am unsure if this is the case now, I assume it is.

Not sure which to get. Beta ran fine on my PC. High. Could go ultra but too much on screen messes it up alittle.

Or 360. Seems kind of pointless though. Everyone will play 360 and x1 comes out and no one will play 360.

Nah, everyone will be on 360 for a while.. New consoles will be ghost towns for a while.  I fully expect long term supply chain issues for PS4 and X1 but microsoft seems to be promising huge shipments early, so we shall see.  (but lets be honest, ps3 and xbox one are over 80 million installs...  next gen won't be anywhere near that for half a decade)

You just pay $10 to upgrade to the next-gen version.

You know you could've just used the Battlefield 4 thread right?

Many games coming out this year and next are requiring x64.  I suspected it would happen with the new consoles releasing but I didn't think it'd be this quickly.

I'm surprised BF4 even has a 32 bit version at this point honestly, but whatever works.

You know you could've just used the Battlefield 4 thread right?

Many games coming out this year and next are requiring x64.  I suspected it would happen with the new consoles releasing but I didn't think it'd be this quickly.

I'm surprised BF4 even has a 32 bit version at this point honestly, but whatever works.

The current BF4 thread covers consoles and Windows, and both bitnesses; I created this thread to focus specifically on the Windows x64 version, and for the reason you just stated - more and more games are going to follow suit (Watch Dogs, for example, will be x64-only).

Also, BF4 x64 has lower requirements (in terms of RAM or GPU) than Watch Dogs, and is a different genre altogether than Watch Dogs.  (I admit; I'll be very curious to see how Watch Dogs turns out, though.)

The biggest reason for the thread is to cover the state of the x64 game, and especially in terms of Windows, today, and how it got to the excellent state of the art as represented by BF4, from the horrible state it was in with the original Crysis.

How can i have exact same mouse speed as bf3, so i don't need to adapt?

Well there's your mouse settings... and the sensitivity settings in game...

How can i have exact same mouse speed as bf3, so i don't need to adapt?

Play around with the sensitivity settings. You'll be surprised at how easily you can find the setting you're used to. It'll just feel right.

Anyway, you guys might be interested in checking out TechSpot's Battlefield 4 benchmarks. You'll get a good idea of how well it runs on a variety of video cards and CPUs.

Even on my old rig I'm able to run at 1920x1080 frame rate with no issues, only struggles at cutscene at beginning of mission, horribly slow. 

Any of you guys have any issues with the tracking (Q button) of enemies or aircraft (Cobra). I can get get enemy targeted but difficult to engage. Also unable to configure my delete button.