Help! Urgent WinXP error

Hi, i just done a fdisk(spliting my 30gb harddisk into 4gb and 26gb) and a full format on my pc

After that i restart my computer and booted my pc using WinXP cd<= Corp edition(Win XP Pro)

It started to detect the various hardware,......

After that it prompt to select the drive that i want to install to

It display the following info

1)c: 4000mb[Fat32]

2)d: 26000[Fat 32]

I selected the first option

After that i think it promtp whether to convert o NTFS or FAt OR leave the current file system alone.

I choose the option to leave the files system alone(not converting to NTFS or FAt), still use FAT32

After that setup begins to copy the necessary files,.... and then it shows a countdown timer and begin to restart the pc.

After the pc restarted, it show the started up logo of WinXP

Then there was this erro msg that show up(Blue screen)

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you seen this stop error, screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need

If this problem continues, disables or rename any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If your need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options and then safe mode.

Technical Information

***Stop: 0x000000ED (0x813ABA60, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have not overclocked my pc. Right now i have reinstalled Win98 and try to do an upgrade. It still gives me the same error msg. I used the compatitablility check in the WinXP setup and everything is fine. Do i have to use the Dynamic Upfate option, so that i can have the latest/updatde setup files?

My PC specs are

AMD Athlon 900mhz

MSI K7T Turbo(No RAID)

Twinmos 256mb sdram

!BM 30 GB harddisk

MSI GeForce2 MX

Creative Sound Blaster Live Value.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, thats what i get for rushing into a reply without reading it properly. Sorry.

I recently had the same error when i upgraded my home computer, new chip + m/b, i found that formatting the hdd and reinstalling win98 (didn't install any drivers when asked) then installing 2k upgrade over the top fixed it.

I know this probably isn't much help but just check that all the cables are securely connected to the hdd's and m/b.

Other than that, i would try the dynamic update option. Sorry if this isn't much help.

Probably the Corp Version of you CD is F*CKED...

IT happens on me before..I tried to install the HACKED RC2 verison and got the same ERROR that you do...However, I tried another version of RC2 (Which is official from MSDN)..and it works perfectly..I don't have RAID mobo but I have to activate my HPT370 controllers for my ATA 100 HD :)

Originally posted by Elin27  

Probably the Corp Version of you CD is F*CKED...

IT happens on me before..I tried to install the HACKED RC2 verison and got the same ERROR that you do...However, I tried another version of RC2 (Which is official from MSDN)..and it works perfectly..I don't have RAID mobo but I have to activate my HPT370 controllers for my ATA 100 HD :)

How do u enable the HPT370 controller. Care to list out ur hardware specs, so that i can do a comparison

Originally posted by Fil  

Sorry, thats what i get for rushing into a reply without reading it properly. Sorry.

I recently had the same error when i upgraded my home computer, new chip + m/b, i found that formatting the hdd and reinstalling win98 (didn't install any drivers when asked) then installing 2k upgrade over the top fixed it.

I know this probably isn't much help but just check that all the cables are securely connected to the hdd's and m/b.

Other than that, i would try the dynamic update option. Sorry if this isn't much help.

Everyone do make mistakes once in a while, i dun blame for rushing into a reply cos my post is a bit long with those error msg. I will check my ata 100 cable frm the harddisk to the mainboard.

It was the raid that is giving me the problems. My mainboard MSI K7T Turbo has option Raid<= i didn't get one with raid. Hence i need to diable it in the Bios. Thanks for all the help people.