Nexus 5 Order live !

This going to work on Verizon?  Or is it limited to a carrier?

Unlocked, but I don't know if it would work on Verizon, I do know it works on T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T.

Unlocked, but I don't know if it would work on Verizon, I do know it works on T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T.

I would order one now if I new it would work on Verizon.

Anyone  else have a clue?

I would order one now if I new it would work on Verizon.

Anyone  else have a clue?

Verizon isn't listed on the compatibility page, if that's any help.

I just order the 32GB White Version.

This is going to be a great upgrade from a Samsung i9100M SII :)

Neztea

I'm upgrading from a Galaxy S II also. This should be a great upgrade.

Verizon Wireless 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 700 c 13 FDD December 2010 [156][157] [REAG-Licenses #1 to 8][A 4][94][158]Verizon Wireless 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 1700 f 4 FDD October 2013 [157][159][160] [REAG-Licenses #1, 2, 3, 4][103]

Those are the LTE frequencies that Verizon works on and the Nexus 5 works on these frequencies (LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41)

I would say that since both have 4....

It may work?

Neztea

Network
2G/3G/4G LTE
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

This phone also supports CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, AND LTE, So I guess it may work on Verizon.

850 MHz Cellular 0 1xRTT/EV-DO/eHRPD 3G In service   1900 MHz PCS 1 1xRTT/EV-DO/eHRPD 3G In service Planning to refarm in 2015[30]700 MHz Block C 13 LTE 4G In service Full coverage achieved at the end of Q2 2013[31]1700/2100 MHz AWS 4 LTE 4G In service[32]

Im going to say that the Nexus 5 will work on Verizon as well if my information is right.

Network
2G/3G/4G LTE
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

This phone also supports CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, AND LTE, So I guess it may work on Verizon.

850 MHz Cellular 0 1xRTT/EV-DO/eHRPD 3G In service   1900 MHz PCS 1 1xRTT/EV-DO/eHRPD 3G In service Planning to refarm in 2015[30]700 MHz Block C 13 LTE 4G In service Full coverage achieved at the end of Q2 2013[31]1700/2100 MHz AWS 4 LTE 4G In service[32]

Im going to say that the Nexus 5 will work on Verizon as well if my information is right.

According to this, it wont.  Unless it means that Verizon will not be selling the device itself...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051304/google-nexus-5-wont-work-on-verizon

According to this, it wont.  Unless it means that Verizon will not be selling the device itself...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051304/google-nexus-5-wont-work-on-verizon

My guess is that Verizon won't be selling the device from it's stores, but from the information that I've gathered from both Verizon's Wikipedia page on what Frequencies they support and from the Nexus 5 store information, there are matching frequencies that may work? can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Neztea

Just  read its not coming to Verizon.  Dont know what the hell Verizon's problem is.  If there was another carrier in my area that had decent service, I would switch

Verizon's problem is their old CDMA network.  They know it's a problem and that's why they are so far ahead in LTE coverage.  Voice is still over CDMA though with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) rollouts starting soon (been in testing for a while now).  This is going to continue to be an issue with new devices until Verizon can support LTE only devices.

My guess is that Verizon won't be selling the device from it's stores, but from the information that I've gathered from both Verizon's Wikipedia page on what Frequencies they support and from the Nexus 5 store information, there are matching frequencies that may work? can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Neztea

Verizon's problem is their old CDMA network.  They know it's a problem and that's why they are so far ahead in LTE coverage.  Voice is still over CDMA though with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) rollouts starting soon (been in testing for a while now).  This is going to continue to be an issue with new devices until Verizon can support LTE only devices.

I just read elsewhere that the N5 doesnt support the correct bands on Verizon.

Network compatibility

Google has made two versions of the handset, one specifically for North America/Asia, and another for other countries like Europe. For US consumers, Verizon customers will unfortunately be left out--this unlocked phone will not support the carrier's bands. It will be compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

http://reviews.cnet.com/google-nexus-5/

I just refreshed and they're in stock again ..... lol

edit:  And refreshed again, and they're out of stock again!

Also for those interested, here are the frequencies for the Nexus 5 for the rest of the world.

• Rest of World:
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
  • LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

Neztea

Oh gawd what have I done :| Just bought the 32gb Black version even though my One X is still serving me fine  :s

It's okay, I already upgraded my One X to a One and still bought the N5.

I can admit, I have a disease.

• Like 3