Android Kit Kat 4.4

There's some really cool new stuff in 4.4, I was expecting KitKat to be more about under the hood updates with only a few cosmetic user-facing changes but then we are getting automatic searching of caller ID on the dialer, search integration with local apps, WiFi TDLS, emojis on Google keyboard, storage access framework, Bluetooth MAP, redesigned Mail app, new Hangouts features, printing...

And then also lots of actual under the hood improvements like lower battery use on audio playing, SELinux enforcing mode, webapps using Chromium now rather than the old Android webkit browser, OpenGL ES 2.0 for SurfaceFlinger, host card emulation or a new ART real time compiler engine to compete with Dalvik. 

HTC One is meant to get this asap. well only in the US. would love to have this, on my current HTC One.

Supposedly 90 days. Convert it to Google Edition and 15 days. I have a Google Edition, but I'll have my N5 in 2 days. :laugh:

Happy Birthday, buddy!

Supposedly 90 days. Convert it to Google Edition and 15 days. I have a Google Edition, but I'll have my N5 in 2 days. :laugh:

Happy Birthday, buddy!

Lol thanks :D . i was looking at coverting it google edition N5 looks nice but just got the HTC One, ill wait 2 months and then decide!  :shifty:

Source has been out for a day or two, multiple devices already have 4.4 builds in testing, like the LG Optimus G I have - we had a 4.4 "mostly working" build Friday morning, now already revised 3x and it's fairly solid at this point with a minor issue here and there but "most everything" is working at this point.

When the source code is actually available, talented devs make short work of it. ;)

Hello,

Sadly I will not see it on the Desire Z it seems but my next phone is the Droid 5 (if it comes to europe) so I will see it then...